• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids does anyone else think opiates have other health benefits besides just pain relief

What is pleasure but the absence of pain? They make me feel like everything’s going to be alright. It could fool me into thinking that I came across Nirvana, the end of wishing.

What is pleasure but the absence of pain? They make me feel like everything’s going to be alright.
Pleasure is more than simply the absence of pain. Absence of pain is mere contentment.
The opposite of pain isn't happiness, it is contentment.

Though when a great pain is removed or lessened, we certainly experience this as pleasure. I make the distinction between what I like to call positive and negative pleasures.

A negative pleasure is the relief from pain, returning you to a state where you are no longer in distress. A positive pleasure is something EXTRA, the cherry on the cake if you will. Like you are already not lacking anything for your physical and mental wellbeing - and then something adds to that. A particularly wonderful meal / great sex / breathtakingly spectacular sight or music / specially good high off your favourite substance / some peak experience or success doing an activity you enjoy. That's where you go from contentment to actual happiness.

PS and yep, that feeling like 'everything's gonna be alright' is why opiates tend to be the go-to drug for traumatized people, and why it's advisable not to lean on the comfort they offer too frequently.

Last edited:
Surely they do. Buprenorphine is the best antidepressant i've tried this far. Obviously it's not the reason i'm prescribed it but it's certainly the reason i'm planning never getting off it.

I'm opioids I'm taking are co codamol from chemist these days 8mg codeine and 500mg paracetamol but it not only helps my fibromyalgia but takes edge off anxiety but that could be to do with the fact I wake up in withdrawal from only the small amount of codeine I'm on, used to take 4 - 6 x 30mg co codamol a day, and that helped anxiety and pain, but built up such a tolerence I had to come off for a while then had a break, then fibro flair made me have to buy them from chemist as don't want to start on the stronger ones again

Better stay on Codeine that something else.Tramadol helps for other people.Fybromyalgia is condition affects mostly nerves.Its intensive pain could be like knife or burn through the nerve.Have this condition.Saunas,yoga a moving activities also helps.

Nothing like taking a full on face dive to the floor to cure the tendency of nodding out. You will not even know what hit you...until you realize...it was just the floor slapping you..right square in the face..and now your nose may be permanently crooked...but hey...at least you are awake now

Surely they do. Buprenorphine is the best antidepressant i've tried this far. Obviously it's not the reason i'm prescribed it but it's certainly the reason i'm planning never getting off it.
I see that bupe have some AD actions which absent in the other painkillers.Simillar on that ground with tramadol

I see that bupe have some AD actions which absent in the other painkillers.Simillar on that ground with tramadol
Bupe & tramadol have 'stimulating' edges.

Tramadol weakly releases & then inhibits serotonin as well though too. And it's metabolite is an active full agonist. Trams seem to keep their stimulating edge most of the day, where as bupe is stimulating for maybe the first 2 hours, if that. The rest of the day I just feel tired.

Bupe was good in the beginning (who wouldn't be happy they don't have to go thru withdrawals no more though). But after a few years on it, I think (for me anyway) it can lead to a lot of lethargy and tiredness. Taking extra later in the day can help perk you back up but it doesn't take long to reach that damn ceiling and then you can forget about it. And tramadol is limited in the sense that you put yourself in seizure territory if you take another large dose again later in the day.

Now, I think tramadol and heroin were better AD's than bupe is. lol Although bupe is still more effective than SSRI's.
Heroin use to also stimulate me & make me wanna clean and be creative. And at least I could repeat the effects every few hours, unlike bupe or tramadol though.

Last edited:

Tramadol weakly releases & then inhibits serotonin as well though too. And it's metabolite is an active full agonist. Trams seem to keep their stimulating edge most of the day, where as bupe is stimulating for maybe the first 2 hours, if that. The rest of the day I just feel tired.

Bupe was good in the beginning (who wouldn't be happy they don't have to go thru withdrawals no more though). But after a few years on it, I think (for me anyway) it can lead to a lot of lethargy and tiredness. Taking extra later in the day can help perk you back up but it doesn't take long to reach that damn ceiling and then you can forget about it. And tramadol is limited in the sense that you put yourself in seizure territory if you take another large dose again later in the day.

Now, I think tramadol and heroin were better AD's than bupe is. lol Although bupe is still more effective than SSRI's.
Heroin use to also stimulate me & make me wanna clean and be creative. And at least I could repeat the effects every few hours, unlike bupe or tramadol though.
Good ol H is ofcourse a efficient antidepressant in many terms.If you have acsess to good quality stuff without other dangerous stuff inside.But is a lot more compulsive for me than bupe or trams.

Good ol H is ofcourse a efficient antidepressant in many terms.If you have acsess to good quality stuff without other dangerous stuff inside.But is a lot more compulsive for me than bupe or trams.
Very true. I agree.
I was very lucky for a number of years to have a friend who would only get me just pure rocks. No cuts or powders. Will always be one of my top medicines for either recreational or therapeutic purposes.

Fenta-dope that's going around now a days is a whole other beast though & I'd have to say fentanyl & the higher potency opioids are just playing with fire. No real purpose for them except for people in extreme pain or end of life situations IMO. Of course I'm not opposed to those who prefer fentanyl or opioids like it but people should have the option to buy & use things like morphine & diacetylmorphine so they don't have to risk their lives playing with that shit.

They make a great combo if you want to embrace their stimulating aspect.

Transitioning onto subs the last time around, my habit was big enough that the bupe wouldn't start holding me for several days. But I found that 150mg of tramadol staggered in 3 x 50mg doses made a huge difference in my mood, functionality, and most symptoms except diarrhea.

Of course, I didn't just stop at being well. Throwing some moderate doses of dextroamphetamine + pregabalin/baclofen into the mix and dosing another 100mg tramadol, I felt like a million bucks all day. And with a little clonidine + etizolam/clonazepam on the way down, I could actually feel my nighttime dose of bupe quite nicely.

Naturally, this defeated the purpose of getting on subs in the first place and lead me right back to heroin. But it's a testament to the odd power of tramadol in some situations.

And then there's always the people who say (usually scornfully) "I don't NEED drugs."

OK. Me neither. And we don't really NEED cars. We could walk everywhere. But vehicles sure come in handy.
And yes, cars have negative consequences. Fatal crashes and air pollution, for instance. But we have things like seat belts, speed limits, and DUI laws. Emission controls, electric cars. We don't say "Let's just declare a War On Cars!" (well, most people don't).

We invest in harm reduction.

I'm opioids I'm taking are co codamol from chemist these days 8mg codeine and 500mg paracetamol but it not only helps my fibromyalgia but takes edge off anxiety but that could be to do with the fact I wake up in withdrawal from only the small amount of codeine I'm on, used to take 4 - 6 x 30mg co codamol a day, and that helped anxiety and pain, but built up such a tolerence I had to come off for a while then had a break, then fibro flair made me have to buy them from chemist as don't want to start on the stronger ones again
May the healing energy of the Dao be with you ma'am

And then there's always the people who say (usually scornfully) "I don't NEED drugs."

OK. Me neither. And we don't really NEED cars. We could walk everywhere. But vehicles sure come in handy.
And yes, cars have negative consequences. Fatal crashes and air pollution, for instance. But we have things like seat belts, speed limits, and DUI laws. Emission controls, electric cars. We don't say "Let's just declare a War On Cars!" (well, most people don't).

We invest in harm reduction.
Cars piss the daylights out of me at least how the American car industry runs...

Hey, if you're taking 4-6 of those every day, you really need to start doing a cold water extraction to get rid of the paracetamol, as it is toxic to your liver to use chronically like that. Over time, it will cause damage, even if you don't increase your dosage (but if you do start to increase your dosage, it will become even more dangerous). Get a small glass of cold water, and put the pills in, crush them up and dissolve them. Stir it up for a couple of minutes, and then let the paracetamol settle to the bottom. it will not dissolve in the cold water, but the codeine will. Then you can drink the clear water and leave the paracetamol sludge on the bottom. You can use a coffee filter or something to get it all. Taking a few grams of paracetamol from time to time is fine, but if you're doing this every day, you really don't want to be consuming that much every day.

To be totally 100, when I was on heroin a few years ago it definitely helped tremendously with my depression and anxiety. It was almost non-existent. At least until my life spiraled out of control from my drug habit. I definitely miss that euphoria I got where I could go to work and socialize with anyone free of anxiety and depression and just get shit done. I’m definitely still struggling with my anxiety especially, and I’m trying to learn better coping mechanisms but I feel like I’m better dealing with that then dealing with an IV heroin addiction. Unfortunately I have no self control. Would be nice if I could use it sparingly for my back pain and my anxiety but that won’t be happening lol.

Opioids (with the exclusion maybe of some of the more highly potent & deadly ones) should be legalized for personal use. End of story.

In some countries, you're offered euthanasia before you're offered to try opioids/cannabis/etc (legally).. to treat your depression. It's satirical honestly.

"Sorry, we don't want you to become addicted or risk that nasty euphoria side effect but hey, here's death!" ...

I hope everyone feels safer at night, knowing that guy down the street treating his depression is locked up and away from 'endangering' society with his hideous disease called bodily autonomy.

Last edited:
I know. It's scary.

One of the more bizarre episodes in the history of human intellectual advancement took place in Rome on a day in 1633 when Galileo Galilei, the brilliant astronomer, mathematician, philosopher and engineer – often described as ‘the father of science’ - was convicted of heresy.

start doing a cold water extraction

I do i crush them up put in warm water put in freezer for 20 minutes or so and I don't bother with filter most of the time just drink it with a steady hand trying to keep the paracetamol sludge at the bottom, but I only do that occasionally, I try not to take more than 2-4 a day normally 2 when I get up, and 6 with a cwe if I'm feeling like shit, like today as missed yesterday's co codamol as ran out so was in withdrawal just from the small amount I take these days so today was a fuck this I'm crushing up some doing a cwe and it made me feel better