Positive Does anyone actually have any founded hopes of "things" getting better eventually in our world?

Future "Betterment"?

• Total voters
I'm talking about civilians, wise guy.
Governments are all shit, big whoop.
The Government were and are civilians, they're what they are because of how their own culture and people creates the possibility of those people behaving like that, corruption is worse or better depending on how people let them behave like that or not. A corrupted population brings corrupted politicians and allows them to act like that, there's no some kind of total disconnection of both worlds.

The Government were and are civilians, they're what they are because of how their own culture and people creates the possibility of those people behaving like that, corruption is worse or better depending on how people let them behave like that or not. A corrupted population brings corrupted politicians and allows them to act like that, there's no some kind of total disconnection of both worlds.
so government = civilian populus, I see.

Then I should hate US citizens as much as I hate the government, because it equals that all Americans are at fault for what the country has been doing for the last 80 years?
They've all been plundering one poor country after the next, keeping them in check, and themselves on top of the world to dominate countries not in their little fancy club @nato?
All Americans support war after war after war with trillions of dollars spent to bomb (mostly)muslim civilians, instead of putting it into education, that's just the American way, now I get it.
It's the people who don't want the people to get educated :rolleyes: now it finally doesn't make any sense at all
And on top of that your government keeps claiming that these wars are signed by God, yeah religion is totally not the source of pain and suffering all over the world, totally get it.
Absolutely understand your nonsensical point now

don't you understand how politics work? Read Gustave Le Bon, that book should be mandatory anyways.
His book psychology des foules very accurately describes the phenomenon how masses can be manipulated, and gives instructions on how to do it
If you think totalitarianism is the fault of the people for not revolting against it, you are absolutely not familiar with the concept of an underlying threat,
and how to manipulate people's fears to profit from it. Waitwaitwait, does that also mean you blame German civilians for Hitler? All Germans are born racist and fascist, is that it?
The Nazis used Gustave Le Bon's book religiously to control the masses through fear and deception, read a book, especially that one, I don't know how else to help you

what in the world, nobody in the history of war would see a politician as a civilian, but you do you, just do it somewhere not in discussion with me
you seem to have an unhealthy obsession with being correct, which I do as well, being autistic, however you took me entirely out of context, so what's the point in talking about the way you twisted my point?

Do you actually think regular people living in China are not the same as anywhere else in the world?
People just want to live in peace, and they don't need the fuck-assery of God to behave ethically.

In fact, atheists and agnostics are the nicest people around, because they help regardless of the other's religion,
instead of being like "yeah but they believe in a slightly different version of the same God I believe in, that means they are bad people and deserve to suffer"
especially Christians are horrible when it comes to this shit, religious classism, i mean
Look at how the Church is behaving in Africa, it's absolutely mind-bogglingly disgusting

If you want to make the point that people need God in order to act civil, I have some nice connections to psychiatric facilities all over the world
also maybe check the reason for 80% of past conflicts in the world, or this little thing called "The Crusades", fuck me

Religion has been the number one reason for war in the world, change my mind
It is most definitely the reason an absolute fuckton of people died

edit: long post, so I'm sure I've insulted someone. Sorry

Last edited:
Then I should hate US citizens as much as I hate the government, because it equals that all Americans are at fault for what the country has been doing for the last 80 years?
No, all would be stupid, but the majority is what creates the standard, so yes, you should blame the majority of people who are cowards and follow the trend of irresponsible idiocy.
All Americans support war after war after war with trillions of dollars spent to bomb (mostly)muslim civilians, instead of putting it into education, that's just the American way, now I get it.
Look, I'm not american, but you can see that the majority of people didn't do enough to stop it, and when there was some serious movement against war, like in the beginning of the 70s, the policitians knew that they should stop it. The fact that politicians are guided or funded by the real Elites, doesn't change the fact that the threshold of what's real democracy and what's just an unacceptable swindle depends on public opinion and their acts.
Do you actually think regular people living in China are not the same as anywhere else in the world?
People just want to live in peace, and they don't need the fuck-assery of God to behave ethically.

Their culture makes them behave in a way that I (and millions of people more) consider cruel and horrible, and some seem not to have inner sense of morality. I'm vegetarian so I cannot stand seeing people killing animals, let alone dogs. The fact that most people in the world don't give a fuck about that makes me think things are fucked up, but killing dogs (for example) is something else. Culture drives behaviours, and a lot of crap happens there.
The fact that people want to live in peace doesn't say anything about God or not God, have you heard about the kantian concept of natural religion?

Religion has been the number one reason for war in the world, change my mind
It is most definitely the reason an absolute fuckton of people died
Believing blindly in plain materialism, the supremacy of State and the fake idea of democracy is a cult, as bad as any religion, but works as a religion, society-wise, mainly because is full of stupid dogmas that people believe just to make them happier and don't work on themselves and building trust on their surroundings, instead of outer forces, so yes, you may be right.
The fact that millions of people have died after secularism is as true as materialist secularism works as a cult.

In fact, atheists and agnostics are the nicest people around, because they help regardless of the other's religion,
instead of being like "yeah but they believe in a slightly different version of the same God I believe in, that means they are bad people and deserve to suffer"
Yeah, go and tell Pol-Pot, Stalin and so many others about it, it's so absurd to compare, people have lived for years into theocratic regimes and inside those theocratic regimes and periods a lot of things have happened, including religion wars and a lot of crap, but if you we haven't lived for millenia into fully or majority driven atheist societies we couldn't speak about it, since no time have passed to talk about it comparitevely.

About the thing of Hitler,
of course people always need to be brave and respond to the unjustice, you cannot blame people at the beginning of the problems, or when they don't know what's going on, for example at the beginning of a deception, but once you fully know what's going on and you know others do know too, then the society is responsible as a whole to behave.
Otherwise, if you don't accept that you cannot believe in freedom and the power of real democracy, that it's what people do to create justice apart from what the state does, and sometimes against it.

Yeah, go and tell Pol-Pot, Stalin and so many others about it, it's so absurd to compare, people have lived for years into theocratic regimes and inside those theocratic regimes and periods a lot of things have happened, including religion wars and a lot of crap, but if you we haven't lived for millenia into fully or majority driven atheist societies we couldn't speak about it, since no time have passed to talk about it comparitevely.
oes, and sometimes against it.
Wanna talk Holy Roman Empire? I can name a bunch of fucking cruel Popes
You're always going to find bad examples of both believers and non-believers
What does it prove? That people are pretty much equally good and bad no matter what they believe in,
About the thing of Hitler,
of course people always need to be brave and respond to the unjustice, you cannot blame people at the beginning of the problems, or when they don't know what's going on, for example at the beginning of a deception, but once you fully know what's going on and you know others do know too, then the society is responsible as a whole to behave.
Otherwise, if you don't accept that you cannot believe in freedom and the power of real democracy, that it's what people do to create justice apart from what the state does, and sometimes against it.
lol yeah cuz people didn't try to rebel against the Nazis and were executed on the streets for it (read some post WWI history in Germany)

The issue is military, really. What are you going to do once it's too late to rebel?
No, all would be stupid, but the majority is what creates the standard, so yes, you should blame the majority of people who are cowards and follow the trend of irresponsible idiocy.

Look, I'm not american, but you can see that the majority of people didn't do enough to stop it, and when there was some serious movement against war, like in the beginning of the 70s, the policitians knew that they should stop it. The fact that politicians are guided or funded by the real Elites, doesn't change the fact that the threshold of what's real democracy and what's just an unacceptable swindle depends on public opinion and their acts.

Their culture makes them behave in a way that I (and millions of people more) consider cruel and horrible, and some seem not to have inner sense of morality. I'm vegetarian so I cannot stand seeing people killing animals, let alone dogs. The fact that most people in the world don't give a fuck about that makes me think things are fucked up, but killing dogs (for example) is something else. Culture drives behaviours, and a lot of crap happens there.
The fact that people want to live in peace doesn't say anything about God or not God, have you heard about the kantian concept of natural religion?

Believing blindly in plain materialism, the supremacy of State and the fake idea of democracy is a cult, as bad as any religion, but works as a religion, society-wise, mainly because is full of stupid dogmas that people believe just to make them happier and don't work on themselves and building trust on their surroundings, instead of outer forces, so yes, you may be right.
The fact that millions of people have died after secularism is as true as materialist secularism works as a cult.
you're being so culturally degrading, it's ridiculous. you are comparing your own principles and ideologies with those of a culture, what in the actual fuck

your country whatever it is is not vegetarian, so are you as a vegetarian responsible for your country being not? because you're arguing that you are
how are dogs' lives worth more than any other life? you're already being picky.
consider the cow, an animal eaten all over the world. in India it's holy. How is the rest of the world better than China in that aspect?
Judged by Indian ideology, we would all be godless heathens cultivating and killing their holy animal,
or are you also the judge of which religions are correct and therefore justified?

and again, you're talking about the Chinese government, while I'm talking about the civilians.
Everyone just wants to do their job, yes cultures are different, they eat dogs, we eat cows and pigs, what's the big fucking deal?
China has just as many vegetarians as the US, percentage-wise, where is the fucking difference in ethics when it comes to regular people?
And just btw, eating dog meat is only allowed in 5 of China's 22 provinces, which also btw, all have different thousands of years old cultures

edit: also using dogs as an example is crazy. don't you know what humanity has done to dogs? and that's especially the Western civilisation
If dogs could think in terms as complex as we can, they would fucking hate us for what we have done to them, wow.

How is holding a slave better than killing and eating it? Honestly, they're both just as bad

ofc cultures are different, but you're trying to impose your will that other cultures are wrong, or at least that Chinese culture is wrong.
listen i'm German, I can't be seen with racists, so I'd rather just fuck off, k?

Last edited:
When @6am-64-14m started this thread it was meant to be more of a discussion about how we can be better to each other. Kinder, more sympathetic, compassionate and such so maybe we can all make this a better place.

As usual it got turned into a political and religious diatribe from two members that are always at odds with each other. And these comments on the last page and part of the 2nd aren't gonna fly here in The Dark side.

If you simply have to argue politics and insult each other please take it to CEP or The Dive.

When @6am-64-14m started this thread it was meant to be more of a discussion about how we can be better to each other. Kinder, more sympathetic, compassionate and such so maybe we can all make this a better place.

As usual it got turned into a political and religious diatribe from two members that are always at odds with each other. And these comments on the last page and part of the 2nd aren't gonna fly here in The Dark side.

If you simply have to argue politics and insult each other please take it to CEP or The Dive.
really, do I know them? whoops

I'm sorry for drifting off, I already answered my thoughts on topic though

I can do it again: Yes, absolutely do have hopes for humanity, given that we're so close to technological singularity

Yes. I think when humans finally become extinct, the planet may still be able to recover and - along with the plants and the animals - eventually return to it's former glory.
Humans are a cancer destroying the planet and everything that lives on it. I think of things like pandemics and natural disasters as like a chemotherapy[y for the planet.

Yes. I think when humans finally become extinct, the planet may still be able to recover and - along with the plants and the animals - eventually return to it's former glory.
Humans are a cancer destroying the planet and everything that lives on it. I think of things like pandemics and natural disasters as like a chemotherapy[y for the planet.
I mean that the planet will recover is a given, it's been much worse on earth than it is now, and it's going to be as bad again
and plants and animals will live, and die, and live, and die, over and over and over again, that's nature

"save the earth" never meant saving the earth, it means "save humanity",
because what trouble is the earth in? it's just going to have another cycle, what's a few thousand years to a 4.5 billion years old planet :cautious:
it survived without ozone, meaning the sun is a deadly laser
we're not even a challenge. the animals are the true victims, though - absolutely agree with that

but I don't believe that humanity will die so easily, technology is getting crazy, medicine is getting crazy, ...
and wouldn't it be fucking sad if all humanity has done was for nothing?

I'm basically done, in anycase.
My idea about the OP matter is here, but probably the guy didn't even care about reading it.
Certain things must be debatable, tho.
I cannot feel very close to anyone who sees the singularity as something positive, it's the complete opposite of my idea of what a better world is.

I don't bother trying to predict the future anymore. This reality is capable of producing anything. It is beyond my understanding.

What I do know is that humanity is stuck in a particularly vicious cycle. All of this has happened before and will happen again. We've been around for almost 200,000 years and we are still making the same mistakes, albeit under drastically different circumstances each time. Evolution is slow and there are no guarantees.

Personally, I think most humans are too weak for the very freedoms that they argue about over and over, with their wars and their stupid politics. The next cycle of fascism is highly predictable and inevitable for this reason. The minority of highly intelligent people observing this phenomenon are utterly helpless to stop it.

Life on this planet may very well be extinguished for the most part. I have made my peace with that, as there are many other planets in the cosmos. There is nothing saying that we have to survive as a species.

I think perspective on how insignificant and how much of a blip we are in earth's history let alone the universe is a good way to view it. Modern man is less than 250,000 years old, the universe 13 billion maybe more. We're nothing at the end of the space day, just a shame we will probably be our own destruction and a PSA video for future type 2/3 civilization 🤣

If you look at it things have gotten alot better since the 80's and 90's. No more threat of nuclear war, No more civil war in Ethiopia, peae in Ireland, no more wars in the Balkans or any genocide in Rwanda