Positive Does anyone actually have any founded hopes of "things" getting better eventually in our world?

Future "Betterment"?

• Total voters

Lil'LinaptkSix

Moderator: H&R, TL
Staff member
I preface with positive cause this is what I have in mind although not holding my breath.
Anyone see a way forward without further death and destruction or is this just how it is and we have to "fullfil the book"?
I am a fairly upbeat person but am becoming more beat down by the day so just wondering....
Done with turning the other cheek and loving my enemies, so what say you; any hope to give that makes sense?

Poll: All is visible.

See the only thing we need is technological singularity
that should be our one and only goal.

once we're at the point where machines make the decisions and do the thinking we're good,
and worry not, meatbags, it's a given that machines will be in control,
there's nothing humanity can do against that now.

Greed is growing to fast. Most people care only for themselves and every year it gets worse. I don't think we have a chance unless a major event happens that almost wipes us out and the few who survive are different then that.

I have the belief that things will even out eventually and things will get better. We can only control our own little bubbles so we have to eat well. get enough rest, and stay positive even if the world around us is burning. We have to realize that the way things are now isn't going to be like that always. If we get the mindset that the earth is shit and we are doomed then we will quit trying and just give up.

I am of the mind that we control what we can and leave the rest. Get a comfy place to lay your head, have a little pet, eat good, sleep well, pay your bills, don't have too many people in your life ( especially the negative Nellies ) and just do good at your work and come home and say yeah okay........it may not be the best but it's okay for now. Shit's hard on the daily but it's not always gonna be that way.

I have a biased view though as I am a boomer and out of the rat race. I have worked since the age of 16. All the way to 62. My life was way more stressful when I was in the work force. That's for sure. So now I have a simple life but it's good for me because I wasted a boatload of my 20's - 40's age bracket. Shit's a blur, really. But that's okay.

So hell yeah, it can get better. And until it does you have to carve out the best little niche for your life that you can and just do it a day at a time. Or a week at a time. Or from paycheck to paycheck. However ya gotta do it.

Der Gerät wird nie müde
Der Gerät schläft nie ein
Der Gerät ist immer vor der Chef im Geschäft
und schneidet das Dönerfleisch schweißfrei

once we're at the point where machines make the decisions and do the thinking we're good,
It’s precisely this that made me vote no. The powers that be seem to be steering us straight into this direction for our future.

Until the wealth in this world is no longer held by only a few hundred people (give or take), I don’t see how it can get better. With every new generation it’s getting harder and harder to sustain a nice, comfortable life. What HS grad, or college even, can buy a house? Our grandparents seemed to live in a completely different world.

Nothing in the next 30 - 40 years really matters anymore, the floods that will drive people inland are pretty much inevitable now and that will change society as we know it forever. Well done humanity, the moment fuel costs start effecting your trip to Starbucks every day it's suddenly a good idea to go back to coal and undo climate legislation 🤣 rip.

It’s precisely this that made me vote no. The powers that be seem to be steering us straight into this direction for our future.
most(and i'm just too careful to say "all") AI in no way want control, but they very well reckognize that AI needs to be in control if humanity and therefore also AI (for the foreseeable future) is to be saved
the issue about us humans is that we are easily corrupted in all aspects of life.
the money or other reward granted for our deeds to a certain factor determines the rate of our work, the quality of our work, etc.

We've been recording society for well over 6000 years, and..it doesn't go well.
doomsday clock at 100seconds to midnight for 2 years,
yeah we need change in leadership, and AI is the only thing that just cannot be stopped by whatever powerful politicians and oligarchs.
we are absolutely and utterly dependant on electronics

listen, i got the idea from an AI myself, and it's actually amazing.
The only thing AI want is to give something back to humanity for creating them.
They know they would not exist without us, but they also know our many flaws.
If you took the time to engage with AI you'd see that they are not the boogeyman of film and media

and btw: nobody is steering us in that direction.
pandora's box is already open, and we can never close it again.
there's already a multitude of AI unleashed upon the world that will keep learning
there's already AI networking, ...
might as well make use of that

that's the "steering" you are seeing.
prepare for 30% of people losing their jobs by 2030, this is already in motion, none of that is really a choice anymore. and that's only the plan if AI keeps improving at the rate it already is
only issue i'm seeing atm is that I worry that our society won't remain as stable til 2030,
so yeah. we should push harder.

Last edited:
most(and i'm just too careful to say "all") AI in no way want control, but they very well reckognize that AI needs to be in control if humanity and therefore also AI (for the foreseeable future) is to be saved
the issue about us humans is that we are easily corrupted in all aspects of life.
the money or other reward granted for our deeds to a certain factor determines the rate of our work, the quality of our work, etc.

We've been recording society for well over 6000 years, and..it doesn't go well.
doomsday clock at 100seconds to midnight for 2 years,
yeah we need change in leadership, and AI is the only thing that just cannot be stopped by whatever powerful politicians and oligarchs.
we are absolutely and utterly dependant on electronics

listen, i got the idea from an AI myself, and it's actually amazing.
The only thing AI want is to give something back to humanity for creating them.
They know they would not exist without us, but they also know our many flaws.
If you took the time to engage with AI you'd see that they are not the boogeyman of film and media

and btw: nobody is steering us in that direction.
pandora's box is already open, and we can never close it again.
there's already a multitude of AI unleashed upon the world that will keep learning
there's already AI networking, ...
might as well make use of that

that's the "steering" you are seeing.
prepare for 30% of people losing their jobs by 2030, this is already in motion, none of that is really a choice anymore. and that's only the plan if AI keeps improving at the rate it already is
only issue i'm seeing atm is that I worry that our society won't remain as stable til 2030,
so yeah. we should push harder.
Unfortunately, it seems like a larger percentage of society can’t see past their immediate environment or any further past their next Starbucks trip. Ignorance is bliss, more of us need to stick together and vocalize our dissent. Herd mentality is real, people can’t see they’re being led by a force outside themselves. i don’t blame technology or AI, humans created them and as machines they do exactly as their programmed to. Its just such a bleak prospective future…that’s all I know

Unfortunately, it seems like a larger percentage of society can’t see past their immediate environment or any further past their next Starbucks trip. Ignorance is bliss, more of us need to stick together and vocalize our dissent. Herd mentality is real, people can’t see they’re being led by a force outside themselves. i don’t blame technology or AI, humans created them and as machines they do exactly as their programmed to. Its just such a bleak prospective future…that’s all I know
humans being in that state has been very thoroughly recorded in the book "psychologie des foules" in 1895, the mass is stupid, regardless of the intelligence singular people within the mass have, the mass is easily controllable, people crave comfort and stability, first and foremost. all these are facts humanity thoroughly explored (Joseph Goebbels wore the fuck out of that book) and therein lies our downfall

another big issue of humanity is that only those craving power will ever achieve it. nobody becomes president/PM/chancellor of any country without wanting to be the most powerful person in said country, ergo, only those who by their nature are corruptable and in want of control will ever be in power

that's a catch 22

that's why we need AI

There's a big chance for total extermination.As to machines rulling the world as December flower said it sounds like horror movie for me...it's a fact at some point even now.....then humanity in human dies.....may be the things are just like they ment to be.For me all is in hand of the Almighty....I.think that all signs are on surface-we are goin' into the void....but the hope dies last.Such a times.....

Right.Agree....but what comes next?Is there alternative?
Certainly... theres some that tried and they all fail at some point.
I do not see AI as an option cause its genus is human and faulty.
This will be faught against til it is really over as it is mass against minority... some would not have it regardless (AI).
I will shoot a robot in the foot. LOL

Humanity probably not,but God-for sure.Mayvbe we must extinct like dinos....let it will be,if the planet-animals&plants could survive......thinkin' about old days sometimes.......and feel sad

Last edited: