Positive Does anyone actually have any founded hopes of "things" getting better eventually in our world?

Future "Betterment"?

• Total voters
WE need true equality to stop it imo
We need God man...Idk what's that mean,but must not fall down so easy.You know ......seven mortal sins,all the cruelty.,greedness.etc.From where it came from?Can we overgrown ourselves?AI brings a lot...open horizonts,but also dominate over capability to think.The bigger part of humanity.Somehow it steal from us our human essence.....and the man is same idiot like a thousand year before....You need more than you,me or AI...vut this is constantly search....it's a hard work-to change ourselves.....but is possible.That is my hope

We need God man...Idk what's that mean,but must not fall down so easy.You know ......seven mortal sins,all the cruelty.,greedness.etc.From where it came from?Can we overgrown ourselves?AI brings a lot...open horizonts,but also dominate over capability to think.The bigger part of humanity.Somehow it steal from us our human essence.....and the man is same idiot like a thousand year before....You need more than you,me or AI...vut this is constantly search....it's a hard work-to change ourselves.....but is possible.That is my hope
it came from standard ethics?

do you think people without religion just murder and torture each other?

China has been about 50% atheistic for a long time, do you think they don't have rules like "don't hurt" "don't steal" etc.?
Do you think we need religion not to behave like animals?

That's what you got a brain for

The one thing we don't need to advance technologically, morally, or spiritually is religion.
Most religion dictates what you have to believe, that's not spirituality, that's cult following.

Did you know that until not that long ago, there was a passage in the bible,
that when you want to marry a woman, but do not have her parents blessing,
you may kill them, shave off the womans hair and lock her up for 4 weeks to mourn her family,
and then you can marry her.

or was it when you want to marry a prisoner taken in war/during a raid?
I'm not a 100% sure on the details anymore, I read it almost 20 years ago in a very old bible

Grrreat values, srsly
Without Christianity we'd be 3 to 500 years more advanced technologically and spiritually

Last edited:
I have an almost infinite amount more faith in machines than in humans.

It's because humans are great with theory, but we suck at the practical

it came from standard ethics?

do you think people without religion just murder and torture each other?

China has been about 50% atheistic for a long time, do you think they don't have rules like "don't hurt" "don't steal" etc.?
Do you think we need religion not to behave like animals?

That's what you got a brain for

The one thing we don't need to advance technologically, morally, or spiritually is religion.
Most religion dictates what you have to believe, that's not spirituality, that's cult following.

Did you know that until not that long ago, there was a passage in the bible,
that when you want to marry a woman, but do not have her parents blessing,
you may kill them, shave off the womans hair and lock her up for 4 weeks to mourn her family,
and then you can marry her.

or was it when you want to marry a prisoner taken in war/during a raid?
I'm not a 100% sure on the details anymore, I read it almost 20 years ago in a very old bible

Grrreat values, srsly
Without Christianity we'd be 3 to 500 years more advanced technologically and spiritually
Hi December flower:)Don't in mood to disquess...too hot...Shprechen not ietz...how many grammar errors:)?
P.S. Too stoned to read&answer something"mindful"right now;)

Last edited:

I'm off to read about a French female philosopher Camus described as "the only great spirit of our times". I may have to report back after that.

we are fucked, half my life has been shadowed by solastalgia and fear of the path our species has taken and seems to not change coherently. Only to end catastrophically and I don't even know if I want to see that.

That is root of lot of my self-destructive behaviour; if you are really going to fuck everything up, so am I gonna fuck myself. Vicious and leads to morbid results.

It's my belief that history is a wheel. "Inconsistency is my very essence" -says the wheel- "Rise up on my spokes if you like, but don't complain when you are cast back down into the depths. Good times pass away, but then so do the bad. Mutability is our tragedy, but it is also our hope. The worst of times, like the best, are always passing away".

-

Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius

The most pressing problem I perceive is that there are many "good" people, or at least people who are not bad. But there are also many bad people and they are much better organized than the good people. They don't have morals nor self-control.
Good people tend, on the other hand, to be quite self-centered (some) and trusting and naive (others) so they don't organize themselves in the form of a war machine which is the only thing they could do to positively influence the world, and create justice.
By war machine I mean an aggressive form of organization so that they would be very clear that there IS an enemy and that enemy must be destroyed or at least controlled.
It is not necessary to exercise violence but to defend themselves from the violence that is always exercised by the bad people, the psychopathic Elites.
As long as a good group of good people do not organize themselves as if we were living a war, and above all begin to set up an alternative society, starting from the economic point of view, nothing will change.
For the time being I think everything will get worse, because the level of consciousness of the people is quite poor right now, thanks to the various vices and worries of modern life.

they have been saying that same shit for 50 years, no reason to believe them now.

I think worst case is sea levels rising 4m. Well, yes their are a few places where that will be a major issue.... but visit The Netherlands. Their entire country is below sea-level and yet it's all dry land. It's the people from the Marshall Islands and places like that who will find their home disappearing under water.

The Dutch have 400 years experience in keeping their land dry - the technology exists.

I think worst case is sea levels rising 4m. Well, yes their are a few places where that will be a major issue.... but visit The Netherlands. Their entire country is below sea-level and yet it's all dry land. It's the people from the Marshall Islands and places like that who will find their home disappearing under water.

The Dutch have 400 years experience in keeping their land dry - the technology exists.
The Netherlands is quite an exception, as well as Marshal Islands and all of the alike.
We are talking always about the worst case, but it seems that the Earth has self-balance behaviours, not only biologically but also geologically. If the artic is getting warmer and smaller seems than antarctica is getting colder and bigger...
so what's the point of getting crazy with things that we don't have serious evidence of?
how many centimetres (I don't even say meters) have the sea risen in the last 100 years?

If you think or see China as a moral example of how things could behave being atheistic I think you're seriously deluded. I wouldn't live in China, not for a million bucks I would go there,
I've seen videos of people dead in the street, even corpses of children getting rot and no one even looking at it. It's well known that some of the political dissidents are killed to get their organs for free. They put anti-suicide nets in some buildings because people are too exhausted to keep going and they throw from the buildings...
They only worry about wealth and power, accumulating more and more. I could stay for months writing terrifying facts about life in China, IMO they are the worst of the worst, not to speak about the academic and industrial spionage web they have,... well, thousands of shit they do, and they don't revolt, for years, their horrible technocracy is getting tighter and tighter and people prefer to suicide instead of organizing themselves to destroy their totalitarian state, basically because all it's too controlled to even start organizing themselves... it's Hell on Earth, I don't know how you could put that country/civilization as an example.
Only now with Falung Gong (which is a spiritual driven philosophy/religion) things could change.

They only have to change a few degrees to cause a snowball effect. It's also been going up steadily for the last 30 years. It's also accelerated in the last 10

If you think or see China as a moral example of how things could behave being atheistic I think you're seriously deluded. I wouldn't live in China, not for a million bucks I would go there,
I've seen videos of people dead in the street, even corpses of children getting rot and no one even looking at it. It's well known that some of the political dissidents are killed to get their organs for free. They put anti-suicide nets in some buildings because people are too exhausted to keep going and they throw from the buildings...
They only worry about wealth and power, accumulating more and more. I could stay for months writing terrifying facts about life in China, IMO they are the worst of the worst, not to speak about the academic and industrial spionage web they have,... well, thousands of shit they do, and they don't revolt, for years, their horrible technocracy is getting tighter and tighter and people prefer to suicide instead of organizing themselves to destroy their totalitarian state, basically because all it's too controlled to even start organizing themselves... it's Hell on Earth, I don't know how you could put that country/civilization as an example.
Only now with Falung Gong (which is a spiritual driven philosophy/religion) things could change.
I'm talking about civilians, wise guy.
Governments are all shit, big whoop.