• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Does acid give you gas?

Haha, after every blotter I've eaten, I've always had gas as I was coming down, and sometimes the day after.

Creakle said:
but if you fart a lot, there's something wrong.

Come on man, theres something wrong with most all of us bluelighters =D And I think we figured out the problem......We have gas attacks....

OMG a flatulence thread in PD! :D

LSD doesn't give me more gas than, say, a bean-rich meal. Like bluedolphin, I would tend to believe that the gas is due to decreased peristalsis causing a backup rather than generation of new gas due to the LSD. Generally I find that mushrooms and phenethylamines are worse in this regard.

I Have never encountered farting on any drug. Or, maybe I have, and haven't noticed, in which case it couldn't have been that bad anyway.

C'mon, you crazy fuckers -- this farting pandemic has gone on long enough. log off of bluelight, and eradicate that smell by installing a fan inside of your ass.

We're soon going to overtale the cows in methane pollution. Batten down the hatches!!

But seriously, kratom makes me fart too, one big one right as it starts to come up. Just like stimulants.

Very weird.

I'm just going to have to pretend I never even heard this mountain of illogical insanity.

pin: I think you nailed it right on the head about anxiety. Part of the body's fight or flight response is to lighten the load so you can run faster or fight without encumberance. So your bowels and bladder will loosen to get rid of whatever waste your carrying. This is why kids and animals urinate when they're scared. I think it's perfectly conceivable for LSD to cause flatulence like you describe as a psychological response.

I know for a fact that it causes the fight or flight response in me as sometimes I feel like I'm about to die or be seriously injured. I've also noticed flatulence but I've never linked the two until now.

I just want to thank everyone for their input. I'm glad to know i'm not alone. Does anyone think taking a product like Beano or some other anti-gas medication, before the trip would prevent this?

gher said:
pin: I think you nailed it right on the head about anxiety. Part of the body's fight or flight response is to lighten the load so you can run faster or fight without encumberance. So your bowels and bladder will loosen to get rid of whatever waste your carrying. This is why kids and animals urinate when they're scared. I think it's perfectly conceivable for LSD to cause flatulence like you describe as a psychological response.

I know for a fact that it causes the fight or flight response in me as sometimes I feel like I'm about to die or be seriously injured. I've also noticed flatulence but I've never linked the two until now.

Nice, thats a good possible explanation for it.

did a wee search for this as it happened to me. Had a heavy lsd trip on thursday/friday and today i'm blowing my guts out..

the anxiety things makes sense

maybe it's also that you haven't completely digested food, so especially after many hours of tripping etc, gas needs to get out...

acid definitely gives me gas more than most drugs. kinda part of the deal for me. though i am probably on the high end of the "average farting range" anyway, if such a scale exists.

This reminds me of hypnic jerks shitting on lsd thread. Good times.

I also get gas while tripping. About 6 hours in when I let it go it makes the trip so much better.

a common coping technique can be to swallow air,
not really to swallow air deliberately,
but to move on past the conflict or confusion
and while doing it some gulping and peristalsis follows.

given an hour or two
the pressure of gas will begin to build and peristalsis can even become a big part ofthe trip.

then the inevitable fooffing begins.

not always, but in many cases,
if air swallowing occurred during the come up,
then farting will happen during the post peak.

rightio LSD if in combination with left over start material or degraded product on the blotter can indeed give gas and worse (pain like I never want to experience gain ) only one type of blotter did this to me mind you !

It was not psychological in origin or due to swallowing air (a practice I discourage whether tripping or not , it's downright ungentlemanly practice;) )

It was due to some other componment being in/on the blotter a wellas the LSD
!

Talking with F & B about this very subject only last night ! he says ergotomine causes the gall bladder to secrete gloop (paraphasing) but you catch my drift !

so no LSD cannot give you gas in a physical sense BUT LSD + impurities can do !

zophen