• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Does “double dipped” acid have any legitimacy to it?

In the late 80s/early 90s, we called a hit a “double” and 2 squares (2 hits) a “quad.”
“Pop a quad and go to the concert.”
That was because we were eating NS’ WoW, and half a square was fine - a full tab was perfect.
Never knew the ug, but always strong, always lovely 🥰

"Double dipping" is just bullshit dealer-speak for "yo, buy my shit, it's better than everyone else's". Depending on the dealer (ie, some dumb kid), they might even believe it because their supplier told them the same thing. But either way, avoid dealers like this. "Double dipping" acid is not a thing.

My absolute favorite was "If you take LSD more than two times you'll be certified insane".

When I was a kid, it was 7 times, and it was always worded "clinically insane". But that urban myth survived. I THINK that it's finally gone the way of the dinosaurs, what with all the talk of Silicon Valley tech geniuses microdosing at work to aid in their creativity.

The funniest one for me was always that in any group of people, someone knew someone whose friend's brother's cousin took too much acid and now believes they're a glass of orange juice, and refuses to leave their room because they're afraid of being spilled. I've had a shocking number of people tell me that one and seem to be entirely serious.

Oh, and lest I ever forget... "red rock opium". Anyone else experience this myth as a kid? In high school, literally everybody was always on the lookout for anyone selling "red rock opium". The prevailing idea was that it was opium, except in the form of fragrant red chunks. It supposed had to be smoked with weed to work, but it made the weed way stronger (because after all, what is opium, really, but super-weed??). I paid $80 for a little tiny bag of it once, and was sure that I got much higher than I would have if I had just smoked my weed. Oh yeah, 90% sure. :rolleyes:

In reality, it was dragon's blood incense, a specific variety, sold wherever you could get incense, pretty much. Totally inactive, but a tremendously successful scam-myth.

"Double dipping" is just bullshit dealer-speak for "yo, buy my shit, it's better than everyone else's". Depending on the dealer (ie, some dumb kid), they might even believe it because their supplier told them the same thing. But either way, avoid dealers like this. "Double dipping" acid is not a thing.

When I was a kid, it was 7 times, and it was always worded "clinically insane". But that urban myth survived. I THINK that it's finally gone the way of the dinosaurs, what with all the talk of Silicon Valley tech geniuses microdosing at work to aid in their creativity.

The funniest one for me was always that in any group of people, someone knew someone whose friend's brother's cousin took too much acid and now believes they're a glass of orange juice, and refuses to leave their room because they're afraid of being spilled. I've had a shocking number of people tell me that one and seem to be entirely serious.

Oh, and lest I ever forget... "red rock opium". Anyone else experience this myth as a kid? In high school, literally everybody was always on the lookout for anyone selling "red rock opium". The prevailing idea was that it was opium, except in the form of fragrant red chunks. It supposed had to be smoked with weed to work, but it made the weed way stronger (because after all, what is opium, really, but super-weed??). I paid $80 for a little tiny bag of it once, and was sure that I got much higher than I would have if I had just smoked my weed. Oh yeah, 90% sure. :rolleyes:

In reality, it was dragon's blood incense, a specific variety, sold wherever you could get incense, pretty much. Totally inactive, but a tremendously successful scam-myth.

Yeah dude a couple older kids in high school were selling that Red Rock at one point, cant remember if i tried it or not tho. Mean when they say you have to use another drug with it so it will work is kind of a flag, lol. Cant imagine how terrible for your lungs it must be to smoke fucking incense right. They got off so much bullshit back in the 90s before places like Bluelight existed.

You could just tell a person whatever and if it sounded convincing enough someone would just take your word for it. Id bought prescription pills off people alot back then and got sold a bunch of bullshit so many times. Once those websites cameout that had the Pill Id function it was a gamechanger for me.

I've heard double dipped often referring to alleged 200 mic dosing, though it's often a term only used by the same kind of clown who will argue "fluff vs needlepoint".

I used to be one of the editors of "The Chicago Seed" underground paper back in the day and helped prepare the "Dr Epod" page on the back page which listed drug prices so I was exposed to the market flow. Folks would send in reports from the entire Metro area. It's amazing what differences in what people were getting and how it was represented.
Did you know Abe Peck?

I've bought acid dozens of times from the 90's till now, and every single time someone claimed it was really strong, it wasn't

except that one time
I'd grown so used to peoe saying that, I discounted, even though it was from a trusted source

I took it, ran a bath and disapeared into the void for an eternity or two. came back and the water was cold, couldn't figure out how to operate my body for another eternity

now i only buy in bulk and test a quarter tab to see how strong it is first

So although double dipping isn't a thing, sometimes it can be really strong

Generally, when people are laying LSD onto paper they make a concentrated solution. Typically 100mg of LSD that goes onto pages of either 900 or 100 tabs of LSD equaling 110 or 100 ug of LSD per tab.

It depends on the consistency of blotter or how much the blotter can absorb.
So it can vary.

Double dipped to me is instead of 100 mg of lsd dissolved into a that is liquid absorbed into papet. Instead, 200mg dissolved into the SAME amount of liquid that a page can absorb, which 8s generally 9-11 mL solution/page, while carding up the edges. (Watch out for edges btw)

Seen people lay many pages kinda routine. No one double dips, they just lay it harder. Even US tabs which are generally sold more for design than LSD capacity can take about 2mg MAX, which NO ONE does.

I want to dispel a lot of stupid LSD mythology and want to learn and share the truth.

Double dipped just does not make sense from a chemist's perspective, though it probably did happen in the 60's as we were learning.

There are heavy dosed LSD tabs out there, I think I've seen 700ug tabs (ecstasy data) in europe out there which is kind of ridiculous.

But I guarantee anyone reading, that no one double dips their pages. They make extra concentrated solutions and then lay their LSD onto the paper.

Double dipped is one of the several LSD street marketing mythologies that I can dispel.

I hope to learn and share more.

Last edited: