• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Does “double dipped” acid have any legitimacy to it?

JimmyInNOut

Bluelighter
The guy I’m buying from is telling me the acid he’s getting is “double dipped” - to my knowledge, physically double dipping tabs is as pointless as double dipping kleenex in water (if the goal is to saturate this kleenex with as much water as possible…). At the same time, a fair amount of people seem to talk about this double dipped business like it’s a legit thing. Is this just a catchier way of suggesting the acid is more potent than what’s considered standard? Anyone have experiences with so called “double dipped” stuff, and if so, was it in any way notable compared to tabs which weren’t being marketed as double dipped? Thanks

It’s bullshit but in fairness, if one were to double dip a sheet of LSD it would be more potent. I just think he’s full of shit still..

As Aussie said, why do all extra work when one can get the ratios right the first time?

-GC

but if they checked and it needed a second dipping,
well then it's nice to think they checked and then added some more with a second dipping.

It’s bullshit but in fairness, if one were to double dip a sheet of LSD it would be more potent. I just think he’s full of shit still..

As Aussie said, why do all extra work when one can get the ratios right the first time?

-GC
Wouldn’t that just make the acid in the sheet prior to the 2nd dip dissolve back into the solution, resulting in the same final dosage? My thought is that they are doing what Aussie said, but calling it “double dipped” cuz it sounds cooler than extra strength or whatever. Though that’s mostly just my wishful(/delusional) thinking since that would mean I’m getting a better bang for my buck…

Wouldn’t that just make the acid in the sheet prior to the 2nd dip dissolve back into the solution, resulting in the same final dosage? My thought is that they are doing what Aussie said, but calling it “double dipped” cuz it sounds cooler than extra strength or whatever. Though that’s mostly just my wishful(/delusional) thinking since that would mean I’m getting a better bang for my buck…
Not all of it. But, yeah, it's a marketing ploy.

"phat, kind, veggie, doses"

Yeah. No one does that.

And if your dealer is telling you this, they are either lying or just extremely misinformed. Regardless, not the person I would choose to source from.

Granted there is so much myth and mystique in the LSD world, it can be difficult to know what's real and not. I been in the world for 20 years and I'm still deciphering fact from fiction.

I assure you though, 100%, double dipped sheets are not a real thing.

doing so would make every next sheet more potent than previous, so yeah, no one does that.

When someone tells you now he has “double dipped” that’s more than likely he’s just saying “more potent from what you usually get” in a urban myth way

Nope. A bit will but not to the extent you are thinking. When you soak a sheet it’s a quick dip then dry, the solution soaks in over time. Only the lsd on the very outside will potentially redissolve.

-GC

Dealers from the very beginning have been trying to use marketing to try and convince people to buy from them. I remember for a while in the 60's it was popular for dealers to call a hit "4-way" implying one could cut them four ways and still get a full "hit'" of acid. These claims seldom if ever panned out, If I had someone who continually "puffed their wares" that way I would seriously be looking to find someone else who was more honest.

Last edited:
Dealers from the very beginning have been trying to use marketing to try and convince people to buy from them. I remember for a while in the 60's it was popular for dealers to call a hit "4-way" implying one could cut them four ways and still get a full "hit'" of acid. These claims seldom if ever panned out, If I had someonewho continually "puffed their wares" that way I would seriously be looking to find someone else who was more honest.

Same. It shows a sense of arrogance that will likely result in them trying to pull one over at some point..

-GC

ive never even heard of this before

:shrug:
I used to be one of the editors of "The Chicago Seed" underground paper back in the day and helped prepare the "Dr Epod" page on the back page which listed drug prices so I was exposed to the market flow. Folks would send in reports from the entire Metro area. It's amazing what differences in what people were getting and how it was represented.

Had a curious google of the Chicago Seed ...there were quite a few other underground publications in the usa as well ...also in other countries ...the counter culture stretched far and wide

Had a curious google of the Chicago Seed ...there were quite a few other underground publications in the usa as well ...also in other countries ...the counter culture stretched far and wide
Yeah, the seed was small compared to the local CC papers in LA and Frisco. But we did our best to get the word out.

Dealers from the very beginning have been trying to use marketing to try and convince people to buy from them. I remember for a while in the 60's it was popular for dealers to call a hit "4-way" implying one could cut them four ways and still get a full "hit'" of acid.
Yeah, even in the 70s and 80s people were calling a lot of blotter "4-way."

I did a lot of so-called "4-way hits" and, while it was very good, the trips were NOT 4× as intense nor did they last 4× longer.

I always took this marketing ploy about as seriously as "acid stays in your spinal fluid for years."

Yeah, even in the 70s and 80s people were calling a lot of blotter "4-way."

I did a lot of so-called "4-way hits" and, while it was very good, the trips were NOT 4× as intense nor did they last 4× longer.

I always took this marketing ploy about as seriously as "acid stays in your spinal fluid for years."
My absolute favorite was "If you take LSD more than two times you'll be certified insane".