• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

doctor wants to put me on some sort of ssri!!

My doctor tried many times to put me on an SSRI for my anxiety but I told her I would not take the pill. She knows I am a drug addict and is cautious about giving me benzos, but yet gives me Klonopin and temazepam. I would tell your doctor that the SSRI's make you suicidal or just be honest with your doctor. If the doctor doesn't understand that you don't want to take them then find another doctor.

Something that's even scarier is when psychiatrists prescribe Abilify. A doctor gave a friend of mine that and now he gets tremors and spasms, has a hard time controlling how fast he talks (as in he talks a bit too quickly), etc. permanently, even after being off of it for about a year.
Mirtazapine is horrible. I have a brother who has autism that is prescribed that. Ever since being on it the effects of his autism have been gradually getting worse and worse. I think it's causing some degree of psychosis even; soon after he started taking it, he became very OCD and much more irritable, and after he was on it for a while, he then started mumbling things to himself and laughing randomly, and now he talks at full conversation volume to himself and laughs. This happens constantly.
In the past I've been on Effexor XR, Lexapro, and Cymbalta. Effexor gave me some weird somatic side effects, for example it felt uncomfortably difficult to breathe, not to mention I would still get very depressed. I was switched to Lexapro afterwards, had the same thing but not to as large of a degree, but my thinking seemed hazier than with the Effexor. Cymbalta was worse yet. Clouded the fuck out of my mind, and gave me anxiety attacks every damn night I was on it. And the doctor tried prescribing me that shit for anxiety. I stopped taking it quickly, but the withdrawl was very, very harsh.

Having said that, I believe there are some extreme cases where antidepressant medications are applicable. Some extreme cases. Not half of all the people who are living. Unfortunately, many/most psychiatrists like to be way, way too overzealous in their prescribing of antidepressants.

Last edited:
Xorkoth, you sound just like me, They want to give my fiance SSRIs for pre menstrual disphoric disorder, isnt that the biggest cock of pharmaceutical peddling shit youve ever heard in your life! I though ADHD was the worst they could do.

I have always viewed any mothers little helpers with deep suspicion, but different things DO work for different people. Information and caution are good tools. I was prescribed Lexapro for PMDD and it truly saved my life...I also made charts and enforced certain mental habits/lifestyle/excersise until I gained understanding and navigational abilities through the condition. I waited 20 years until I felt mentally stable and grounded enough for LSD. At the moment I am on bluelight researching SSRI interactions with psychadelics and also stomach pain/nausea with LSD, but felt I had to add something to a subject I have experience in though it is not the forum subject as such.