• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Do you think it's possible to just try heroin once?

I'm sure it is. My first time I wasn't high at all and only experienced the bad side effects (vomiting, itchy). I was extremely disappointed with the results and didn't want to do it again. And I probably would have never done it again if my boyfriend didn't tell me to try a few more times to see if it works. Actually, I would have never even tried h in the first place were it not for him. He's a bad influence lol oh well.

I hear ya, man. I was equally as surprised, but it makes sense when you really think long and hard about it. I think that it's hard for us to admit the weakness is in ourselves.

"it wasn't my fault, man! it was the heroin, the almighty, all powerful, irresistible heroin! no one can handle that shit!"

I like to point out to board members and friends that, yes, heroin is addictive and I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone, but that heroin is also much, much more comparable to other substances than we'd like to think...

Thanks Verso :) I'd always jumped to conclusions - not because the substance is bad per se but because of the effects and the various social and psychological factors often seem to go hand in hand with heroin addiction. But I suppose those without the adverse social/psychological factors are more likely to be the invisible people who try heroin and don't get hooked; it's the visible addicted minority who often have problems which make addiction more likely to occur. And alcoholic people often have similar factors in their lives.

Of course, you can get addicted to heroin or alcohol without having any problems at all as well - as you say, it is important to be aware of our own weaknesses..

I live in a very small town in Louisiana and H has never been around my town, which is a pretty good thing because i have always wanted to get my hands on some. so for me i can say i wouldn't be able to do it just once. I really think it comes down the the person and what is going on in there life at the time of trying H or any other drug.

i have 2 friends who have tried heroin only one time each. but they have done oxy and hydrocodone and morphine several times. neither of them are even close to being addicted tho.

I have tried heroin like 5 times?

how bout this though::Is it possible to smoke fentanyl ONLY ONCE?

I dont think so to be honest.

Most people I know who did heroin once or truly use it very infrequently (as in maybe once a year over the course of 5+ years) are addicted to other opiates. They prefer their respective pharms of choice over a street drug like heroin.

Heroin addicts, IME, become so consumed by junk to the point where non-H opiate addicts look down on them. The nature of heroin begs you to do more. I don't know how to explain it very well....

For example, if cocaine was primarily sold in pills of varying and questionable purity, and users crushed and snorted it, I don't think coke would be so popular. It is the powder that draws users in to coke and heroin; its so easy to separate another line and do it up. The varying potency of the powders also encourages users. You're always looking for that next big-time score.

I consider myself lucky because I have done H about 3-4 times, and shot up twice, but I don't crave it. It is not that appealing to me to risk my money on a powder in 2011.

It is possible, but everyone Ive seen try it and they say they just wanna try it once, they always continue to use it. They may not become full blown addicts but they will still resort to recreational use of H just like any other opiate.

They may not become full blown addicts but they will still resort to recreational use of H just like any other opiate.

that's my situation right here, I'm not addicted, I don't have withdrawals if I don't use, I consider myself to be a chipper. But if I can get my hands on some really good H for a decent price then I would go for it ya know what I mean? but I definitely wouldn't do it every day even if I did have a constant hookup

I'm sure trying heroin a lot of people go into it consciously or subconsciously believing that they will end up an addict, I bet that plays a big role.

Also a lot of people may try it once but turn to it as an escape later in life (it is renowned for being an escapists drug) as well as people in those stages may not care about turning into a junkie so much.
For a lot of people it is easy to stick a needle in your arm and forget about the world for 8 hours and then do it all over again, we all have problems and this just gets to some people. Those people are usually looking for that easy way out.

dont do it!!! i did it for a week strait when i was 16 i had lots of it it was GODLIKE. THan i wake u 25 yrs old a heroin addict it will catch up with u i promise u then the methadone or suboxone will be needed. Askk ur self this when u wd from sub or done o my just please rethink this..........................what if its raw not cut at all and u croak not fun....peace bro please look at ur local addicts 1st.

I would just stay away from it if I were you. Chances are you do it once and like it, you will try it again. You'll start reasoning with yourself. Oh just one more time and eventually you'll be hooked.

At least that was kind of how it was with me.

To the people who are addicts and the people who are saying you can't do it once. When you tried it did you truly believe that trying it once was possible? I mean 100% were sure of it, no slight doubt in the back of the mind, nothing?

I think a lot of people are brought up to think like euphoricc and that thought process is really hard to change.

If you try it, there's a damn good chance your going to look back 3 years from now at the post you just made and say "fuck,im a dumbass". Don't do it brother (imo)

uhm,, yeah, after doing it for about 3 or 4 months straight now and i also am i guess one of thoes addicts, i thought i could do it a few times without falling to it's grasps. shit now i can't even go a day or two without it.. if you can i deffinatly say stay away. the feeling is amazing, but in the end its just not worth it..

If you try it, there's a damn good chance your going to look back 3 years from now at the post you just made and say "fuck,im a dumbass". Don't do it brother (imo)

Ironically I did try it once but its only been 2 years. I have abused other opiates in that time, IV and other routes. I IV'd Morphine for around 2 months straight and then stopped with mild withdrawals. I like pushing myself to the point off addiction and stopping just to prove I can do it. I haven't done any opiates since then except some codeine 3 times, only cause I wanted to experiment with evaporating a CWE.

Last edited:
Yep.

I was hooked once, been 3 years since I got off, almost 4 now.

Since then i've done it a few times, but i've played with fire before...and been burned that's why i don't have the urges to do more.

It was a big mistake imo, it's like a door you don't want to go through because the other side of it is so beautiful and perfect you won't want to leave. Ignorance is bliss,

I had a boyfriend about 20 years ago who got me some and I snorted it once. The next day, I was literally begging him to get me more, but he refused (luckily). I didn't know anyone to get more from, so I never did it again. So glad now. But I definitely don't recommend even trying it. It's really true that you will be dying for it the next day, even if you're not addicted yet.

As someone who snorted their first bump of heroin as a try over 3 years ago, loved it and have seen it numerous times since.. I can say that I love it to this day.
But I haven't given myself another chance to love it like it did the first time. I know that it will go the same route my bloodline makes easiest to take.
Find it, want more, get it, want more, get it. Process repeats.
I don't want to do that with a new drug. I lost myself on alcohol and meth before, it could happen again.
I know that H would do that for me, but that alone has been the reason I have done it only one time.

So is it possible to try it only once?

I did it once but for 2 weeks straight. Wouldn't touch it again or I would be addicted. Depends on personality