European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Do you play??

KingOfWessex

Bluelighter
Hey dudes. Just wondering really if any of you lot play any instruments?? I remember FUBAR saying he did......

So what do you play? how long have you been playing??

Nosey cunt ain't I :)

You cunt! I even thought about putting a disclaimer on the thread about you and your inevitable sexual deviance :) skin flute is still an instrument

You made the band :)

I can play God save the queen on the piano and also living on a prayer on the recorder. I can also fellate to this tune.

I can play 'Living on a prayer' on my guitar. I'm currently looking for someone to blow my recorder... ;)

You were always in the band zephyr. It was the picture of your jugs what did it :)

I play many instruments. Clarinet and trumpet being my favoured ones.

I've been playing guitar for ~18 years. Play a bunch of other stuff too - drums, keys/synth, various other types of percussion.

I saw a band which featured a hurdy-gurdy last week. I fucking want one of those!

Haha im teaching myself guitar from the ground up progress slow but in time I will get there!

I'm now easily able to change between all the main chords and use a variety of strumming patterns which has taken ages!

Hey nice! That's the hardest bit, i reckon.
Once you're good with the hand coordination of strumming/picking and got the open chords down, it gets easier and more rewarding from there.

Learned any songs or riffs of note?
I think the first 3-chord song i learned was "the lion sleeps tonight" (or whatever that song is called).
"Come as you are" was probably a riff i learned early on too. And a bit of Black Sabbath :)

Next step barre chords. Then 'Smoke on the water' is just round the corner...

My mother had an electronic organ when we were kids, and she decided that as it was an expensive instrument, my sister and I should learn to play it properly; so we had lessons, from a tutor who visited us at home at first, then in the classroom above the organ showroom once we reached the next level. Got home from school one day, the organ was not there and there were no more visits to the music school after that. She said she had sold the organ, though I now suspect it was bought on credit and had been repossessed. Anyway, I never got to take the examination I was going to. My sister later took up the flute and joined the school orchestra.

I could probably still pick out a tune if you stuck a keyboard in front of me, and maybe even put some chords with it .....

Or horns. Or strumming the banjo. Or pink oboes ..... And it's important to work on your embouchure .....