• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Do you name your smoking device?

My pipe's name is Rose--named after the word 'rose' not the flower.

All of my friends that smoke pot haven't named their peices, and noone ever tries.

Oh yes, me and my friends all name our pieces.

My handblown bong: Bud The Bud Baron.
My deceased bubbler: 3-Wheel Drive (Acid trip + the fact that it sits on 3 points)
My dry pipe: the Clown

Let's see.. Corey's pieces (for the hell of it, heh)

Big handblown bong: Grassroots
clear small bong, hits like a mother: Darkside
Bubbler 1: SARS (SARS KILLS, MAN!)
Bubbler 2: One-Eyed Monster
Dry piece: Dave (Full name: Dave Grohl Bowl)

Can't remmeber his steamroller's name..

Chris' pieces:

Bong: Homey-O (has a donut in the middle)
Dry: Homey-G (Has a G-theme to it.. G's all over it)
Deceased bubbler 1: Duddits! (Anyone who saw the horrible movie Dreamcatcher gets this.)
Deceased bubbler 2: I don't remember the old name, but when it broke we renamed it Phil Hartman.

lol, there are some funny names here...

Then again, I'm not a smoker and all the people I know that smoke regularly name their pieces. So I don't know. But I think it's pointless to name something that will probably be broken in three weeks.

Yeah it's true that most people go through their pieces in a couple weeks. But I've had my 3 footer, billy bong, for over 3 years. Most of the times its the bowl that breaks. Anyways I hope you know that assigning numbers or callsigns is the same thing as naming it a number or a callsign.

Here are the pieces i have of current

dent = 3footer, triple thick glass, straight pipe (the glass is so thick I literally swing it like a bat at anything wooden and it makes huge dents) 3years now

cherokee = 1foot double chamber jerome baker glass (has a little native-indian feather design on it) had for almost 2 years now

mona lisa = old glass 1.5 footer, looked nice, but hit like crap (was given to me and i haven't used it for a year or so) had for 4 years, but out of commission

james bong = small glass bubbler (a popular name) about half a year

Wesley pipes = small glass pipe (got that from the movie half-baked), about a year and a half

Anyways i guess it's all in good fun, and easy to refer to when you want to distinguish between the pieces you have.

mine was named oshka.. like osh-kosh bigosh, you know the little kids clothes... because i thought it sounded cool (i was high, duh) and then i forgot that... then i named it something else, bumper maybe? its sortof just "my bowl~!!! <3" now anyway

oh yeah. its a little glass spoon bowl, about 3.5 inches long

i had a big fat heady bowl for such a long time... all my friends and I affectionately named it " The Thug"... because it really was more of a cudgel than a smoking apparatus :) ... lets see... my buddy's pipe we called "the hammer"... and the community bong is known as the "peace bong"

I like to keep it short and simple, "The Big Mother Fucker".

Althought it isn't THAT big, its a 2ft glass bong, and is 1 of the biggest and most used bongs within my group of friends

hehe

I named my glass pipe "Cosmic Pipe". My friend named his 3ft glass bong "Q-Bert".

we often name our waterfall/gravity bongs the "GRAVITRON!"

or the GRAVITRON2004! :p whatever name suits

My friend has an really nice blue ceramic bong we got for $5 from some guy. Someone started calling it blues clues, so everyone else just kinda picked up on that. :\

I'm bringing this back to the dead.

I have a pipe named Blue Wounder. The more you smoke, the more blue it becomes. Its got some swirls in it that don't change color so you have a blue pipe with some non-blue swirls.

kbee said:
...and "cones" (heh), etc?

Most Australians would find that so funny! Naming a cone-piece! Any Aussies agree. That said, I know a certain dude on this site who calls his cone-piece "Heath Ledger" (has a defined ledge/rim around top).

but im just a n00b

%)

yeah my bongs name is the 'Big Red Machine'
my pipe is called 'The Implement'
previous smoking devices -
pipe #1 - 'ManPipe'
pipe #2 - 'NewMan'

various home-made novelty bongs -
5L water bottle - 'v8'
2L coke bottle - 'Zoltan'
Powerade bottle - 'Powerbong' (one bong could change it all for you)

Naming a cone peice???? What the? ;) Man, they only cost about 2 bucks so you don't bother naming them. For ages and ages my bong was named the ´*Billy* because I think thats just something Aussies do. My new one is called Cracker Jack because my nick name is cracker and when ever i smoke out of it i just crack up at the stupidest shit. lol 8(

Names for your piece?

This may be kind of dumb, but I have always felt a sentimental value for the various pieces I've had, whether it be a pipe, etc. And since I have a lot of friends who also smoke, it gets kind of redundant to say "your pipe" or "his bong".

Instead we come up with original (and often geeky sounding =D) names, like Mr. Bojengles or Shadowfax. Many have meanings behind them, like my friend's metal pipe called "Whistler" because it whisles (I have no idea how to spell that) so much. I have a friend who names all of his pieces after various mythological gods, like Morpheus and Haites.

Do any of you have a name for your smoking apparatus'? Any stories behind these names?

I think you spelled whistler right.

Me and by best buddy are stoners and we name all our stuff. We made a 2 liter breadbag vacuum bong out of a sprite bottle and called it the green blaster, we had a bong we made out of rediculous shit called the solar enhanced, and our most trusted pipe, a black, beat up little guy we named Nikolai.

Another reason naming is good is you can refer to the paraphenalia in public discretely. "Hey man, make sure you pick up Nikolai before you meet me at the MAX station," etc.

It's also just fun, and also, like you said, it kind of expresses a fondness or sentimental value the object holds.

º¡§?mike

my last pipe was named Chiefer Sutherland.
one of my freinds bubblers is called THE HULK-because it will DESTROY you.
i had a bubbler once named Mr. Bubblesworth