• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Do you have skin art?

no regrets, my tattoos grow with me in meaning and become more rich and poignant in symbolism as i age.

sometimes its best to put ur brain in the backseat and feel like u wanna fuckin go for it because it brings you joy.

for me the best exp is getting tatted by someone i know and trust and dig, or do it myself or get a close friend to do it.

u can do simplistic designs with stick and poke and its a bit less intrusive than gun can be in intensity imo

Has anyone here who got tats regretted them? I want to get one but I am so afraid that in a few years it's going to be an eyesore.
great question, i did, would love to hear of others

oh it is truly a work of art, whew stealing a deck, bad juju, reminds me of a recent theft of a family catalytic converter stolen while gramma was at her church service, do what yah gotta do i suppose, but seems every time i do something wrong BAM! so im a good girl not only because of virtue, i just dont want karma to run over my dogma
the funny thing is that its my devout catholic mother who stole my tarot deck because she thought it my bring demons and entities into the house, or i would become possessed, was the impression i got from her rationale.

so the roles got reversed in a way

the funny thing is that its my devout catholic mother who stole my tarot deck because she thought it my bring demons and entities into the house, or i would become possessed, was the impression i got from her rationale.

so the roles got reversed in a way
whew, that hit home, similar experience

Has anyone here who got tats regretted them? I want to get one but I am so afraid that in a few years it's going to be an eyesore.
Nope 🙂
I've got 6 tatts so far.
1 on each foot.
1 on each shoulder blade.
1 on my left wrist.
1 on my bikini zone

i have four tattoos.

on my right shoulder:
tattoo1.jpg

when i lived in london, my girlfriend at the time and i bought each other tattoos for each other's birthday one year. i went along to dennis cockell's shop in soho one afternoon to get mine inked. i ewalked in and the man himself was standing right there. i asked about getting my tattoo done and he said they were probably too busy. then he thought for a second and said "i'm not doing anything right now. i'll do it". and so he did.

so i guess i have something in common with steve jones of sex pistols, brian setzer and others :)

on my left shoulder:
tattoo2.jpg

this was a doodle i drew while on the phone one day at work many years ago. i liked it so i took the post-it note on which i drew it and taped it up inside my front door. i walked past it on the way out of my house maybe a couple of hundred times and one day it just said to me "it's time" and i went and got it inked.

on my right leg just below the knee
tattoo3.jpg

this is what happens when you get drunk and lose a bet with a norwegian on a scotland vs. norway world cup qualifier :)

on my right arm below the first one
tattoo4.jpg

that is my mum's, my dad's and my sister's initials and birthdates. my sister has a matching tattoo with my mum, my dad and me. that is her handwriting.

that one is pretty recent - maybe two years ago and the photo was taken just a few days after i got it inked. you can see how faded the other tattoo above is in comparison (it's 31 years older!)

Has anyone here who got tats regretted them?

not i. i look at mine every day and love them more.

alasdair

I'm tripping too much for this now but I'll get back with you soon. Maybe even now

My avatar is on my right calf. It's an android assasin from Ralph Bakshi's wizards named necron 99 aka Peace.

Left calf Judge Dredd apprehending an armed perp.

I have a memorial tat for hunter Thompson on my chest. He's pointing a pistol and it has his initials, birthday and death date.

Four leaf clover for luck

Ex wife's name on my wrist

I want more tats!!

i have four tattoos.

on my right shoulder:
tattoo1.jpg

when i lived in london, my girlfriend at the time and i bought each other tattoos for each other's birthday one year. i went along to dennis cockell's shop in soho one afternoon to get mine inked. i ewalked in and the man himself was standing right there. i asked about getting my tattoo done and he said they were probably too busy. then he thought for a second and said "i'm not doing anything right now. i'll do it". and so he did.

so i guess i have something in common with steve jones of sex pistols, brian setzer and others :)

on my left shoulder:
tattoo2.jpg

this was a doodle i drew while on the phone one day at work many years ago. i liked it so i took the post-it note on which i drew it and taped it up inside my front door. i walked past it on the way out of my house maybe a couple of hundred times and one day it just said to me "it's time" and i went and got it inked.

on my right leg just below the knee
tattoo3.jpg

this is what happens when you get drunk and lose a bet with a norwegian on a scotland vs. norway world cup qualifier :)

on my right arm below the first one
tattoo4.jpg

that is my mum's, my dad's and my sister's initials and birthdates. my sister has a matching tattoo with my mum, my dad and me. that is her handwriting.

that one is pretty recent - maybe two years ago and the photo was taken just a few days after i got it inked. you can see how faded the other tattoo above is in comparison (it's 31 years older!)

not i. i look at mine every day and love them more.

alasdair

Thanks a lot for sharing you body art. I like the idea of putting up the picture somewhere that you'll see it every day, to help you make the decision. That was a good takeaway.

Just one. On my left shoulder blade.

Was at a Halloween party back in the late 80's. After most of them went home there were a few stragglers. Guy pulls out his tattoo gun and asks if anybody wants one. I was drunk enough to say yes. He asked me what I wanted. I said some sort of flower would be cool. He made it a single long stemmed rose. He did a great job.....not too big, not too small.

Since I lived in FL at the time it got much more sun than it does here now in MI but it's still pretty colorful.

4 total.
1 music note on my chest.
2 hearts symmetrical where each kidney is.
and a nautical star that used look better. lower front torso.

After I got the hearts, I realized they're kind of trashy. But i don't mind.

yes!!

i love all my tattoos and want more. my first i got for my 18th birthday is a fairy on my back, its a bit meh but part of me. just above that i have the time independent schrodinger equation.

i have an arrow pointing to my crotch.

on my back calfs i have kinda hatching not matching circular tattoos. one of an astrolabe and one of the ptolomeic system of the planets - links are approxmate.

i have the relationship between angle round a circle and phase of a wave on my forearm. i can't find a good example online.

on my thigh i have a large piece for the 10th anniversary of my cat maxwell, she is still going strong. its her looking through a window with arabic style design. i'll get one for every pet i have on our 10h anniversary. this and the fairy are my only coloured pieces.

on one upper arm i have a kinda half sleeve with a lot of negative space, japanese style waves at the bottom, then a black strip with white birds, then brds flying upwards. its a nod to M. C. escher. at the time i thought it was original but i've met two people with similarly inspired pieces since.

finally i have green tara on my other upper arm, and intend to have that made into another kinda half sleeve with avalokiteshvara giving people the tools they need to practise metta

tattoos are expensive. i think people who spend a lot of money on their looks are dumb, but here i am.

I have a cross on my left arm and a crown of thorns on my right. I got them to display my Christian faith, and ironically, I've had church members tell me that it's actually a sin to "defile" my body!

Oh well, I do what feels right for me and try to ignore the judgmental, hypocritical freaks out there!

Peace. Love & Faith,
Dreamflyer
✝️