• Guest, Welcome to FESTIVUS

Do you get smashed at christmas?

I love xmas drinks so much- mulled wine and sloe gin just aren't the same at any other time of the year..

I love xmas drinks so much- mulled wine and sloe gin just aren't the same at any other time of the year..

i do enjoy some mulled wine on christmas. my fiance and her mom make a nice batch of it every year. :D but, like i said, i never do more than get a buzz from it. not a fan of being drunk, myself. i do love beer, though. luckily, i live in Oklahoma, so your gas station swills here are never above 3.2%. i can drink it all day and just buzz. most people complain about this but as a former heavy drinker of whiskey and vodka (one handle to myself ever 24-36 hours for 10 years), i don't mind it at all. having seizures 8 hours after your last drink in front of an entire college class is not cool.

I am not allowed to drink in front of my family. Has to do with the antidepressants & stuff that I take (Cymbalta, synthroid, adderrall and klonopin). I am allowed one glass of champagne to toast at the table.
(and I'm in my late 30's!!)

BUT, I am on heroin, which reduces craving for alcohol. So I don't mind. And if my family thinks I'm "cool" for going along with doctors orders, all the better. My dad died recently and the better I get along with the rest of them, the better.
Gwen

i do enjoy some mulled wine on christmas. my fiance and her mom make a nice batch of it every year. :D but, like i said, i never do more than get a buzz from it. not a fan of being drunk, myself. i do love beer, though. luckily, i live in Oklahoma, so your gas station swills here are never above 3.2%. i can drink it all day and just buzz. most people complain about this but as a former heavy drinker of whiskey and vodka (one handle to myself ever 24-36 hours for 10 years), i don't mind it at all. having seizures 8 hours after your last drink in front of an entire college class is not cool.

making it yourself is half the fun.. I made some sloe gin as well, it took ages so it felt like an achievement! I completely agree about just wanting a buzz especially for an all day, family thing like Christmas day

Gwen- so sorry about your Dad :(

My family is loaded with highly (and a few not) functioning alcoholics who look down on drugs even though I know a few of them live on prescribed Valium and Xanax. I have an aunt whos a Dr who last Christmas hugged me and says "I see your still doing Heroin". It took all my self control to not rat out her 16 year old cokehead son who is still begging me for a dope connect, I wouldn't do that to him but she needs to be knocked down a peg. Damn and I'm not nodding off in my soup im no more mellow then the boozers.

making it yourself is half the fun.. I made some sloe gin as well, it took ages so it felt like an achievement! I completely agree about just wanting a buzz especially for an all day, family thing like Christmas day

Gwen- so sorry about your Dad :(

Thanks skin - very kind of you to say. Do try to have a lovely new years in the Jolly Old Empire. I once lived in the Brockley Section of London. Was like living in a hip area of Chicago, but without guns! Loved it. Cheap too!
all the best,
Gwennie

Not smashed, but I got tipsy with my mom and her boyfriends family with a morning cup of coffee, creamer, kahlua and rum, then like 2 beers, I'm a tiny lady with a medium to small alcohol tolly. Then I couldn't drink with my dads side of the family, I'm 19 :/.

I did however smoke bth both nights, and take some barbs during christmas to make me a little more sociable and like myself.
:)

i used to get drunk/smashed before every holiday. including xmas. I used to be an alchy. I traded that addiction for pills though. So i probably won't be drinking at all on christmas. I may have a little egg nog, since i've never had it before and im almost 30 years old. I doubt ill be getting lit up though.

Yea I get trashed at Christmas IDGAF....I fucking lunch around a pig and still get faced around that dumb fuck off drugs and beer. HA fuck him.

I like to get really stoned, lots of weed & then eat everything in sight, but I'm careful not to drink too much too early, got a lot of eating to do.

you be your ass i get throwed on christmas, usually by christmas morning i'm so fuckedup from the night before passed out in the backyard.

Fuck nos, don't want to puke from the ketamine I'm gonna slam when I come home tonight. Plus, I'm gonna celebrate with friends from the Philippines and China... None of them are big on drinking. ;)

Mellow holidays for me
Lots of weed and wine, cognac, port wine
Fondue, fancy chocolate, everything will be delicious