• Guest, Welcome to FESTIVUS

Do you get smashed at christmas?

I think I'll drink ink octopus style and when someone upsets me I'll vomit Milton's Paradise Lost.

That'll show em'

Usually for me the past few Christmas eve's have been opiates like morphine and hydromorphone mixed with cocaine and usually benzos too. Christmas day starts with a fat shot of morphine or dilly and that get's me through all the family bullshit. I'll toss back some beer or wine during dinner but i don't get drunk these days. I might drink a 4 pack of Guinness but that's about it. Needless to ssay i smoke a fuck of alot of Cannabis during Christmas as well. I also like shrooms, LSD, ketamine or whatever else i can get pretty much for going out or just getting fucked up with the family and since everyone is half drunk noone notices :)

I very much enjoy getting drunk with my family... it's especially fun when my father, who typically doesn't drink, gets a little wild and drinks a Bud Light or two... :D

For seven years every Christmas was spent on heroin for me. It was nice but not anymore.

Not "at christmas" but for the whole christmas season. I made an advent calendar out of white muslin drawstring sacks and stamped the numbers 1-25 in thick red ink so every bag had a date, and I hung a green ribbon above the mantle and clothespinned the bags to the ribbon with clothepins I stained green.... every sack has a day's supply of medicinal cannabis.

I never get smashed with alcohol though. I hate being hungover so bad that I'd rather somebody just shoot me. I stopped drinking almost two years ago. I've had a glass of wine or champagne a couple times. Certain events, you gotta. But that's it. I wasn't ever a huge alcoholic, but I have been hungover so many times, it's like I was retarded and couldn't stop from totally wrecking myself four or five times a year. I'm too old. Kneeling on the bathroom tile to hug the toilet bowl kills my knees... I can't handle that shit anymore.

Highly Happy Days to you, Lone Wolf. Have a candy cane on me.

No. You hear what you feel. Not what I say. There is no such thing as real communication. I thought Kant said that but now I can't remember and can't be arsed to look it up.

Always accept candy canes at Christmas time. Candy canes are a christmas treat... these are the only days out of all the other days of the year when candy canes are fun to get. And fun to give. And fun to share.

I always get fucked up one way or another, but it's never on purpose. I just...go with the flow and try to spend some quality time with everyone else around me. I never get so fucked up to ruin the mood / party though, that would suck.

Now that I have kids, I usually spend most of Christmas eve awake, wrapping presents and faking the Santa thing, so when they wake us up at 6AM or so, I feel like total shit. Smoking a few hits of weed (or, if I am in a place where the penalties are too severe, of legal synthetic cannabinoids) every few hours all day makes me feel much, much better. I don't feel tired, and can get really silly, playing with my kids, singing, playing drums, and playing with new toys... I don't drink much, and I don't have access to any other drugs that might be appropriate for such an occasion. So, "smashed" = no. "Stoned" = yes.

I wouldn't say I get smashed but I usually am high. My plan..... Not high on Christmas this year!

I usually just get stoned on some quality buds after kicking it with the family, if it was my way i would have some mdma+ketamine for the holidays but that isn't going to happen. I will probably eat/chill with family this year then go do some mxe or Acetylpsilocin afterwards if i feel up to it, might do a combo with them.

Reading this gets me all nostalgic. The old days when we grew up in Michigan making that three hour trek to Newaygo visiting my mom's parents. Grandma had her special cordial in a mason jar which was vodka aged with cherries. Had to sip it slowly not gulp it! The snow is what I miss the most because it doesn't seem like a good Christmas without snow.

New Years we would go to my stepdad's parents where the liquor was ever flowing. All the grownups were drinking except Grandma. One time my step dad got so wasted when it was time for supper, his face fell into his dinner plate. He had mashed potatoes all stuck in his beard with Grandma shrieking "Richard, wake up!" That was more than 30 years ago and sometimes I still tease him about it.

Being an ozzy, its kind of expected of you to drink on xmas day while seeing the family for lunch (any occasion really), even drivers have at least one. I drink a lot on xmas day as a social lubricant, not seeing them often (once a year) mostly for Cousins/Grandparents/Aunties ect makes it that much more awkward sober.

I generally avoid drinking in excess as it is so taxing on the body, but xmas day is the one exception I make to drink as much as I please. I couldn't do drugs in front of them as I would get shit for it on the drive home, funny that.

hmm. part of the last time i almost spent a christmas with family is a funny story. the other side to it is just grim. there is no way fair enough to me to summarize it. bleh.
the funny version involves me just being an idiot and them being police, the dark side is their involvement in how i came to be that way in that particular place (my living environment) and how they conveniently turned it all around on me.
hmm. a lot of my past is better remembered through a lens of slapstick comedy as opposed to reality.
it's just my way of dealing, but i want to stop selling myself short.

~*happy holidays~*~