• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Do you feel it is your responsibilty to spread the experience?

Do you feel it is your responsibility to facilitate the availibility of psychedelics?

• Yes

Votes: 53 66.3%
  • No

Votes: 27 33.8%

• Total voters
morninggloryseed said:
I no longer desire to turn on new people unless they come to me. If those who want to trip will seek it out on their own. If they seek it out, I am happy to be a guide but I don't push them on anyone. I don't want the responsibility anymore.

well said

If people know where to look for it, I really can't bring myself to try to gut them. Otherwise, I try not to delude myself with any sense of social responsibility.

Solidly-here said:
It would seem to me the ONLY people to NOT want a steady supply of Psychedelics are friends of Nancy Reagan: the "JUST SAY NO" crowd.
You would be wrong, of course. You might ask what I'm doing in this forum (just browsing, actually) but I don't care for psychedelics myself. Therefore, I want no supply of them, steady or otherwise.

I certainly say "yes" to any number of other substances, however... I use chemical substances to have fun and be entertained (a noble enough reason IMO, unless all you guys ever do is sit around with serious expressions, pondering the universe).

Of course. I would love the guarantee that x chemical is without a doubt x chemical. Not for myself, just cuz I'm crazy and I like the "guessing game," but to anyone I would want to bring in to the "circle" for the sake that they have a real concrete understanding of what is to come and a real dose scale. Not just what some guy said.

This is a tricky question, I think. Do you ever feel tendencies to share psychedelics with others? Sure, I do. Do I feel it is my responsibility to share psychedelics with others? No, definitely not. Responsibilty connotes a moral obligation....I do not think I have a moral obligation to spread psychedelics.

yes and no (considering everything is relative i can't choose just one side), depends on the person and where they currently are in there spiritual/mental development, selling psychedelics is needed and people who can get them should help spread them(considering there is always people who want/need them), but as for who should do them... well that's up to everyone out there isn't it?... i usually won't try and pressure people into trying LSD or DMT but i'll always give information and correct any misunderstandings about anything they have heard(it surprises me how many people still believe LSD is stored in your spine forever, and the whole after you take X amounts of hits your declared legally insane, which both are complete anti-LSD propaganda the US Government started in the 60's to do just as they always do, which is scaring people to manipulate them) and at the same time let them know how much i enjoy it, and usually most people can tell that it's something im pretty passionate about and become interested and try it and love it as well, but it all depends on the chemical and the person, i think the best psychedelic for a first trip is 2ce because its pretty mellow and almost impossible to have a bad trip on, but as for my favorites DMT and LSD are at the top of my list... and muscling K + LSD = :D

LSD is not actually nature-made, but many psychedeics are, DMT is vey common in nature, and even produced naturally in the human brain whie sleeping. LSA, Psilocybin, Mescaline, and Ibogaine are also nature-made. All of there are illegal in the US, but the plants that produce them are usually not. But even illegal items can be widely available commercially. Coca leaf tea and dried opium poppy pods are good examples. In my own expierence, law enforecement of drugs exists to collect money for the government, and is frequently ripe with corruption. My personal opinion is that noone should use any drug without first researching it fully. I have found that recreational drug use can very easily be resposible drug use, if people just use common sense, ie, not taking larger doses than one can handle. and not causing problems for others (this is key) Psychedelics do have medicinal value, as they are serotonin receptor agonists, they can be used to treat a number of mental conditions.

morninggloryseed said:
I no longer desire to turn on new people unless they come to me. If those who want to trip will seek it out on their own. If they seek it out, I am happy to be a guide but I don't push them on anyone. I don't want the responsibility anymore.

I now take this position also. Nicely put MGS.

Formerly I was very pro" LSD for everyone" and undoubtedly miscalculated, basing too much on subjective experience.

samadhi_smiles said:
DMT and 5-MeO-DMT have the strongest drive for spreading the experience.
Personal opinion.
I am extremely afraid of 5-MeO-DMT and do not know if I will ever dare smoke it again in spite of the solid +4 first and only time.

For that same reason I don't & can't "spread the experience".

I would like to be able to obtain any psychedelic whenever I want but I don't know if that will ever happen, en there doesn't seem to be much I can do about it.

Last edited:
A bit o/t but I actually have some erowit fungus growing on some rye in a field near my house!

Oh and an obvious yes to the OP's Question.

And I also agree with mulberryman, some of my friends dont know the first thing about drugs and only do it if the people in their social circle do. Most of them have ended up with almost no short term memory and depression from abuse of too many drugs.

I love turning people on to the psychedelic experience. Watching that light click on behind their eyes is a wonderful experience in and of itself.

I don't try to persuade people to use them though (anymore)...mostly my friends will express a curiosity about the chemicals I'm planning to ingest. I try to give them objective information about the chemical and allow them to decide for themselves whether to sample it or not.

My best friends trust that I would not expose myself to a chemical before thoroughly mulling over it's safety and the set and setting in which I intend to take it, and that's usually enough to convince them to go along for the ride.

I have learned the hard way that persuading someone to take a psychedelic, or introducing them to people who are interested, but ill-informed, is asking for disaster. I am not making a sexist comment when I say that, in my subjective experience, I have observed females to react negatively to psychedelics more frequently than males.

I wish we could have more legitimate scientific studies of the effects of psychedelics in man...argh, come on governments of the world!

spacefacethebassace said:
I am not making a sexist comment when I say that, in my subjective experience, I have observed females to react negatively to psychedelics more frequently than males.
I haven't. If anything, males tend to have more internal struggles though I cannot recall witnessing real negative experiences.
Strange though. Perhaps we tend to "pick" different kind of people?
I wonder how others feel about this.

^I wouldn't be surprised if that comment comes off as offensive to some. However, that is not my intent.

You bring up a good point though, it's definitely based on the individual regardless of sex/gender. It's just that, I've seen more girls go through difficult psychedelic experiences than guys, which certainly isn't enough information to make a generalization about either sex.

Not really, no. I don't even like telling people I enjoy using psychedelics for fear of how they'll view me.

^ Hmmm, yeah I can imagine that. Personally I don't mind so much but it's pointless telling those who have no idea or interest in the experience.

but its great to meet a friend and discover both of you love psychedelics.