• P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Do you ever get away from it all?

Do you ever disconnect?

• Never have the time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wouldn't even wanna

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
usually involves playing piano or creating music in general (even if the finished product is rubbish🤣) Walks in nature and acrylic painting. I do need to prioritize more time to just chill - away from everything and all the online crap etc. Ideal total escapism would probably involve camping/staying somewhere nice and calming and having peace and quiet without expectations think log fire, sauna 😆(fantasy) surrounded by nature in just experiencing not such a fast paced existence as here 🏕️

I was going to go to med school but I am not sure it's feasible. Really I am at a cross-roads. I just want money at this point because poverty has been hard. I almost don't care what kind of job it comes from as long as it's not so stressful or risky that my illness gets reactivated.

It seems like every job I come across that is remotely appropriate has hundreds of applicants. The job market in Canada is abysmal. At least I have an ungrad degree and licensure in acupuncture. So on paper I don't look useless. But I am mostly useless now.

iirc you returned from teaching in asia, isn't that something you could return to? i've always found the stories interesting, i know someone else in a similar situation and wonder why they don't just go back to asia where there's a job waiting.

Engineering is a good trade. I took it eons ago but an accident and drugs killed that for me. I could go back to work but have to get myself sober first.

True about men though, when my boyfriend and i meet new people they always ask HIM what he does, not me. Society is to hard on men. A woman can be a cashier and that's fine but a man is expected to be the bread winner still.
Good luck @Foreigner , the job market is awful here. I've applied for part time jobs, just to slowly get back to work and every job has over 100 applicants. They see a degree on my resume so you'd think i would be overqualified but i also have a 7 year gap, so that doesn't look good. Can't put " i was hit by a car and got into drugs bad"

I wish I had words of wisdom but the job market does seem pretty scary today. Even my normally safe F500 employer has been quietly doing layoffs, rattling the cages... I keep hoping this is not the start of a worse crisis than COVID and pandemic life