Do you ever disconnect?

• Never have the time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wouldn't even wanna

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

thujone

Bluelight Crew
Just wondering do you ever get away from it all? Do you need to?

Life pressures and stuff, vacations are fine but not always that relaxing...

Where do you go, and what do you do when you need to get away from it all?

I often feel a need to just get away from people and be alone, lately it feels like I never have any time alone and it has become very stressful. It's frustrating that people seem to disregard this as a psychological (spiritual?) need and act like I'm just being silly and need to snap out of it. I mean you don't yank a fish out of water and scream at it to breathe while it's flopping around gasping on dry land, right? People don't assume the fish could breathe on land if only it really put its mind to it.

I go about 100 miles south and spend a weekend in the country/woods, or if in the city devote a day to eat a hit or two of lsd and go frisbee golf, bowling, etc, both of which I'm overdue for

Will probably do camping soon because of weather. If I find enough people to camp with maybe trip one of the nights but it's pretty relaxing just on its own

I go about 100 miles south and spend a weekend in the country/woods, or if in the city devote a day to eat a hit or two of lsd and go frisbee golf, bowling, etc, both of which I'm overdue for

Will probably do camping soon because of weather. If I find enough people to camp with maybe trip one of the nights but it's pretty relaxing just on its own

We are twins, I do the exact same thing lol. Got a place in Oklahoma I go were my only neighbors are black bears.

And LSD and regular golf at a shitty course.

I often feel a need to just get away from people and be alone, lately it feels like I never have any time alone and it has become very stressful. It's frustrating that people seem to disregard this as a psychological (spiritual?) need and act like I'm just being silly and need to snap out of it. I mean you don't yank a fish out of water and scream at it to breathe while it's flopping around gasping on dry land, right? People don't assume the fish could breathe on land if only it really put its mind to it.
Fuck 'people' - can;t control what they think (or why they think it)

For many people time alone is a mental/physical/sprirtual health neccessity. Simple as. Take your time when you need it, make time for it as you would for eating or similar.

Absolfuckinglutely. I go to my boat. Either I’ll try to get some work done (boats always need work)
Or sometimes I’ll just sit up on the bridge and take the sights and sounds in.
If I really need to unwind I’ll go and take her out overnight for some solo striper fishing and reflection time.

It doesn’t matter what’s going on in my life, a day or weekend on the boat washes everything away for me.
It’s the one constant in this crazy life of mine. Like the sun, whether I’m living in darkness or the light, I know it’s always there for me.
It’s the one thing I’ve managed to hang onto over a 17 year opiate/opioid habit where I didn’t give a flying fuck about what I threw away (everything, literally, and a few metric fuck tons more thrown in for good measure.)

It’s my place of peace and many amazing memories, I wouldn’t trade the world for it.

Stay good y’all
Always, fair winds and following seas

Last edited:
Hmmm..
100% disconnect.
Seems right.
I do but miss my babies when I do.
Get the best rest, too.

It doesn’t matter what’s going on in my life, a day or weekend on the boat washes everything away for me.
It’s the one constant in this crazy life of mine. Like the sun, whether I’m living in darkness or the light, I know it’s always there for me.

yeah that's the stuff, boats are awesome.

golfing and bowling are fun to unwind but more social in general. i don't think i could handle tripping on a golf course, i'm always walking the wrong way even sober. well, i guess it beats dodgem on shrooms

Gotta take like half or less as you usually would and it's pretty fun. Kinda like coke, where you can do a line at home and it's fine, but a tiny bump in a public place feels stronger due to the surrounding environment, at least with me

Gotta take like half or less as you usually would and it's pretty fun. Kinda like coke, where you can do a line at home and it's fine, but a tiny bump in a public place feels stronger due to the surrounding environment, at least with me

either you guys get weak cid or our measures of half as much are far apart when you're fuckin with the jesus on 2 hits and there's tripsitter exploring the universe pants-on-head off his face on 5

come to think of it, almost all the acid i've ever had came from one guy. i don't remember what his actual name was, probably because he discouraged anyone using it. i called him joseph because he always wore some kind of technicolor dreamcoat made of hemp, i bought some stuff off him here and there and one day he just appears in the street, slapped a sheet of the usual blotter in my hand and i never saw him again.

half a hit of that stuff and trees would be melting..

either you guys get weak cid or our measures of half as much are far apart when you're fuckin with the jesus on 2 hits and there's tripsitter exploring the universe pants-on-head off his face on 5

come to think of it, almost all the acid i've ever had came from one guy. i don't remember what his actual name was, probably because he discouraged anyone using it. i called him joseph because he always wore some kind of technicolor dreamcoat made of hemp, i bought some stuff off him here and there and one day he just appears in the street, slapped a sheet of the usual blotter in my hand and i never saw him again.

half a hit of that stuff and trees would be melting..

Haha. Yeah, my old connect had some fire blotter back in the day. I miss the days of being a space cadet. I wouldn’t mind hopping on the magic carpet for a ride if I could find some good clean L. His shit was like that, 1/2 to a whole hit and you would absolutely lose your face. Good times.

yeah that's the stuff, boats are awesome.

golfing and bowling are fun to unwind but more social in general. i don't think i could handle tripping on a golf course, i'm always walking the wrong way even sober. well, i guess it beats dodgem on shrooms
was trippping at night on a golf course with 4 mates in England, we were all on 5 or 6g, we lost a companion, found him sat in a sand bunker playing with the sand, "whatttthe fuuucckkk are you doin here"? all wide mouthed and astonished he was, as he believed himself to sat on the beach in is home country, Australia., and thought we hd turned up there too lmfo...al ended up literally rollin round in the grass literlly screaming with unstoppble laughter gen thought I'd die from the laughing

Another time w stood for aaages on the edge of a green on the fairway. Couldn't tell what the greem was, looked like water, or ice, or perhaps a dimensional portal, or maybe just massive hole. Eventually someone, recklessly, "jumped in" to find nothing but 3 inch shorter grass , phew!

Golf coursed - awesome places tripping!

Golf courses and shrroms, its a winner trust me.

I pack my tent and go camping for a couple days, weather being decent. I live inside a national park in North Wales, so I'm spoilt for the great outdoors.

A fave place of mine is practically in my back yard (just about 7 miles from my house). It's called Cregennan Lakes, one large and one much smaller mountain lake. The larger one has a little picturesque islet with pine trees in it. There's several routes for hiking in the surrounding uplands.

Unfortunately the lakes have turned from a bit of a secret tip among walkers some time ago to a much-frequented touristy beauty spot in recent years, so I tend to steer clear at the height of the summer holiday season. Outside the peak times you can still go for miles and hear nothing but the wind and the bleating of distant sheep. True silence, it's so relaxing. The place just takes me right out of myself and I love spending time around there.

PS still haven't figured out how to post pictures, so if anyone wants to take a look at the location , see online. It's a beautiful piece of earth.

Last edited:

Acceptance of the moment is all that is needed.
You think too much in Duality.

Going camping / fishing on the weekend with my daughter, then the following weekend I'm going up (by myself) to the country for a 5-meo-DMT ceremony. Probably going to drive up through the mountains afterwards to meditate, then maybe drive interstate to hang out in the desert with some LSD Jim Morrison style.

Zopiclone bandit said:
Acceptance of the moment is all that is needed.
You think too much in Duality.

I get this... I'm happy wherever I am (more so than ever) but that doesn't mean I'm going to curl up inside a box for the rest of my life.

Having time away from people is healthy. Nothing wrong with it. People will inevitably distract me from meditation. If I want to go really deep, it's best to construct an environment where I'm not self-conscious at all.

I get very loud when I meditate. Way too loud for the suburbs. I do it in the suburbs sometimes, but I'm pretty sure my neighbours don't like it because I MAX out the volume of my voice.

Having said all that, I'm not a fan of the hermit / guru lifestyle. It makes it easier, but at what cost? (And should we be making it as easy as possible? Is that the best way to grow?)

Last edited: