• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Do not mess with 25i, my roomate tried to kill me last night

While titration is certainly the way forward, I think the responsibility lies with all those vendors offering >1mg blotters. You can't really blame someone for assuming a single blotter would just be a light trip, especially not when with LSD more often than not a single blotter just isn't enough.

But again, taking extra care with these is just really important. Titrate your doses, don't go too far, check your vitals frequently when you do go "out there", etc. There's just an upper limit with these chemicals (with 25i for me it was 1.2mg or so), you don't really want to go beyond that

Nah, psychosis is only present in a tiny minority of the population - that's why millions of people can take them without running down the street naked. This guy was obviously a fruitcake and an accident waiting to happen. It would probably have happened if he'd never taken drugs.

Not true. I've seen completely normal people take 500 ug+ of LSD and turn into batshit crazy lunatics, attacking paramedics and their family, screaming and running naked through the woods, etc etc.

Correct way to approach psychedelics: Titrate the dose carefully and know your own limits
Incorrect way to approach psychedelics: It won't happen to me

It all started when he took two tabs of what my friend called "Devil's Acid" at 815.

We went and smoked a little weed to mellow out.

What the hell could have caused this?

simple answer.
1. (probably) high dose of unknown substance you call "devil's acid" [c'mon..] to make sure you have a nice trip.
2. THC causes freakouts when mixed with psychedelics. not necessarily but reliably. especially with higher doses and/or inexperienced users. I'm increasingly amazed that people don't take note of this phenomenon. scroll through trip-gone-wrong-reports in here; often you'll find this pattern: "everything went fine" or maybe "things were a bit uneasy" and "then we smoked a little weed to mellow out"....then a few sentences of random activity and then suddenly "from this point on - I wonder why - things went terribly wrong."
imo THC while peaking on strong 5-ht2a psychedelics is dangerous and should be avoided. even by experienced trippers.
it took me a psychotic break on acid (stayed sane enough to get myself an IM-shot of risperidon but it was still traumatizing) AND a panic attack on 2c-b to finally figure out that connection...

@OP: time will heal those wounds! :)

^Plus, psychedelics really make me a feint for weed. More often than not I end up smoking through multiple grams during a trip, expensive and not really helpful with panic-attacks either (so far I have had none, but yeah)

simple answer.
1. (probably) high dose of unknown substance you call "devil's acid" [c'mon..] to make sure you have a nice trip.
2. THC causes freakouts when mixed with psychedelics. not necessarily but reliably. especially with higher doses and/or inexperienced users. I'm increasingly amazed that people don't take note of this phenomenon. scroll through trip-gone-wrong-reports in here; often you'll find this pattern: "everything went fine" or maybe "things were a bit uneasy" and "then we smoked a little weed to mellow out"....then a few sentences of random activity and then suddenly "from this point on - I wonder why - things went terribly wrong."
imo THC while peaking on strong 5-ht2a psychedelics is dangerous and should be avoided. even by experienced trippers.
it took me a psychotic break on acid (stayed sane enough to get myself an IM-shot of risperidon but it was still traumatizing) AND a panic attack on 2c-b to finally figure out that connection...

@OP: time will heal those wounds! :)

This is a really good point. The mild parranoia that THC can induce is amplified 10 fold when mixed with a psychedelic.

OP here,

I added a little picture proof on my original post
We honestly have no idea what the potency was for this. I've taken 2 before about a year ago, and it wasn't intense as this time on 1.
Our friend we bought it from said they were more potent than the previous batches. And the person he got them from got this online, so we'll probably never know

The blotter had a metallic taste to it, and it was very bitter borderline burning. My roommate on 2 tabs really did not like the taste and actually spat out the tabs ~25min in. He switched from gums to sublingual and did not chew the tabs. He had about ~20 trips under his belt before this, one being a 10hit LSD trip. He hadn't tripped in about a year tho

My experience on this drug from prior experience was that smoking weed levels you out. When it got too intense, I smoked and would be coherent again.

He's in jail actually right now, and will probably get bailed out tomorrow by his parents. I'll update once I get a chance to talk to him

Metalic flavor doesn't sound like 25I to me. It just tastes well very mediciny and it numbs, not really Burns '

20 minutes is enough time for full absorbtion IMO. with no need to chew or swallow anything (though I dose the powder not paper)

Not true. I've seen completely normal people take 500 ug+ of LSD and turn into batshit crazy lunatics, attacking paramedics and their family, screaming and running naked through the woods, etc etc.

So what? I could link you to a thousand cases where perfectly normal people break up with their girlfriend and then go round with a hammer and beat her to death. People respond to stressful situations differently - if you respond in a psychotic way that means you belong to a very, very small percentage of the population that have psychotic tendencies.

No matter how many trips most people take they will never try to attack and murder policemen. It isn't going to happen.

This is crazy.. but its not the drug its always the user.. some people can do this crazy shit on other drugs too or even alcohol. Lsmene is right. Good luck.

This is crazy.. but its not the drug its always the user.. some people can do this crazy shit on other drugs too or even alcohol. Lsmene is right. Good luck.

Some people don't even need drugs do they - how often do you hear of fathers taking their kids and strangling them because the wife wants a divorce. Does that mean there's a danger that we'll all strangle our kids if the wife leaves? I don't think so. Some people are simply batshit crazy and a little stress brings it out of them.

I could take twice as much 25i as this guy took, add 500 mics of LSD and throw some DOM on top to take the edge off. I can guarantee all I'd do is lay on the couch and giggle.

My friend and I just did 25i-nbome again Saturday night (1000ug) and had the best trip ever.
/some people can't handle certain drugs

He's in jail actually right now, and will probably get bailed out tomorrow by his parents. I'll update once I get a chance to talk to him

Aw how cute! Mommy and Daddy coming to bail this major fuck up out. I don't give a shit what drugs this dude took, if you end up trying to stab people, fight cops, run around in traffic and smash random windshields, naked, drugs or no drugs, your ass deserves to be in jail for a long time. There's no excuse for that kind of behavior. I can't stand people who get intoxicated in any form and act like 3 year olds, thinking they can do anything they want. Actions have consequences. Learn your limits.

your point is valid ismene but at least with LSD there is some evidence that it develops dopaminergic activity, which is closely linked to psychotic symptoms (e.g. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21352832 ). you wouldn't doubt amphetamin-psychosis I guess...
my subjective evidence is that I did definitely develop psychotic symptoms under the influence of mid/high dose LSD (and cannabis) without being prone to psychotic symptoms. I have extensive experience with major depression though and I was in a very bad spot in my life during this experience. but I never before and never after felt that profound loss of integrity like under the influence of LSD... (btw: I'm a clinical psychologist and hereby claim that I know enough about psychopathology to judge... ;) )

You can't argue that 25i has a worse safety profile than LSD. Sure I have seen plenty of people lose their shit over the years on acid but you only have to look around BL the past 12 months to see a disturbing rise in these sort of incidents. You used to only have to worry about your tabs being too weak, being stored incorrectly or a bit of gut ache from some "dirty" LSD. Now you not only have more severe psychological responses you also have a far greater chance of cardiovascular and respiratory problems and seizures.

I don't know who thought it a good idea to manufacture these tabs at such a high dose, particular with an obvious side effect of people on selling it as LSD. The same people who were "fine eating a ten strip" are typically the ones that push the envelope and end up like this poor bastard, in jail. The drug may well be safe for most people but in the interest of HR I would not recommend it to my friends. Perhaps I am old school but thankfully I still have realisable access to LSD and see these new family of psychedelics as a blight.

I have a steady source to LSD and liquid for that matter.... I just like doing 25i-NBOMe sometimes because its a different high. I don't get why so many people talk badly about it... if someone is practising HR they shouldn't run into as many mishaps or any at all. Trust me, it isn't that hard to test shit and it isn't that hard to realize that the tab you just put in your mouth is not lsd. 25i has such a distinct taste imo that I would immediately know I took it and not acid. People need to be more careful... and know their limits. Psychedelics isn't like popping a molly or smoking a joint.. its serious business. Yes, its fun and all, but its not for everyone.

And by the way my friend is a straight noob... took the tab I gave her... 1000ug and had the best night ever. She smiled the whole time and thanked me. We also both have some mental health issues.. but I know what I'm doing and I know what to do if I start having a bad trip. I've been there. The first week of august my friend was selling 250ug of very strong liquid l... she accidentally dropped four hits of that into my hand. Lets just say I lost my mind and it was scary, but I still knew how to contain myself and tell myself everything will be okay... this is temporary. That same night my sister had to spend time with the ems and get oxygen so you know that freaked me out...

Good lsd can be just as scary sometimes... shit I tripped on 2000ug of 25i-NBOMe the day before and had the best night of my life. Did very strong acid the next day (around 1000ug because she stupidly dropped more than what she was suppose to in my hand) and had the worst trip ever at first but it was because of my sister freaking me out.... but as soon as I knew she was okay my trip turned into the best experience ever and I had a spiritual awakening.

So it all depends on who you're... the situation... dose... ect. Any drug research or not can fuck you up.

You had the bad trip the day after no doubt because you were fatigued and scattered from the 25i.

I have taken LSD for over twenty years and never had to give some one first aid or seen them convulsing on the floor.

You had the bad trip the day after no doubt because you were fatigued and scattered from the 25i.

I have taken LSD for over twenty years and never had to give some one first aid or seen them convulsing on the floor.

No... the trip was amazing at first... I later found my sister in the tent dissociated from some unknown chemical. She made me so worried and she was crying... we tried to talk her out of it and she would not snap back. She was talking as if she was someone else. My friends were working ems at the festival so I took her there. I had to walk away after she had oxygen because she was having such bad anxiety she couldn't breathe.

I was tripping hard at this point and to see my sister that way was so scary. I didn't know what to do... I knew she would be okay.. so I walked away because it was too much to see. So at my campsite I ended up being stuck in a loop about my sister. I was afraid she would be like that forever because I seriously thought she had a psychotic break (the shit she was saying was crazy!!).

So my friends an hour later got me to go see if she was fine. She was back at her campsite still tripping, but okay. I ended up feeling relieved and all the worry was gone. My trip went from bad to good...

It was just scary seeing my sister that way because we are so close (even 13 months apart) and there was nothing I could do to make her feel alright... we laughed about it the next day. However, she now knows her limits and not to take unknown chemicals. Some research drug with pcp on the end of it was going around as "acid"... and three more people had the same bad effects like my sister.

Edit: I would like to add that even sober I would have felt the same way about my sister... the lsd didn't help with these emotions. This is why I didn't want my sister to trip in the first place. I know her too well and I know that she can't handle drugs like these... it was her first psychedelic experience and I don't know if she'll ever do it again.

Last edited:
Having worked in a psychedelic emergency setting and having sat with people who were really (and I mean REALLY!) far out, kicking and screaming, hitting people and babbling very incoherently for hours on end, and also having talked to them afterwards, I can assure you that I feel this could happen to anyone. To perfectly rational, experienced, easy-going people. Really.

A lot of people who respond are very quick to blame *this* or *that* but fail to take into account that a psychedelic experience is primarily characterized - by definition - as a unique, individual experience. Isn't one of Bluelight's credos 'Your Mileage May Vary'? Well, there you go. Besides, coined in the holy triangle of 'drug, set & setting' are so many variables that are impossible to judge from some second-hand story over the internet, that I for one find it rather pretentious that some of you seem to know for sure what's what. It's not that simple.

A dude had a bad reaction, and no one's arguing that the safety profile for the NBOMe-series is a lot sketchier than that of the classic hallucinogens. And still, major freak outs also happen on LSD, mushrooms, DOB... you name it. And with seasoned travellers as well. Doesn't mean you shouldn't be very very careful with unknown substances somebody gave you for free because they didn't like the effects. And even less so if they're called 'Devil's Acid', probably. But mind you, as someone before me said, these adverse advents come with the territory. Psychedelics are serious substances and to be taken seriously as well. This is one such possible reaction, which indeed is thankfully much less common than positive trips.

Okay. So there's some factors here that nobody really has mentioned:

OP: You shouldn't have been doing drugs when you hadn't the idea what they were, didn't know the dose, didn't know the source, etc etc. Does taking something as stupidly ridiculous and patently obfuscating of true identity as 'devil's acid' *really* strike you as a good idea? No, it's so, so not a good idea. I'm not gonna ride you about this because its over and done with, and you probably learned your lesson about fucking with random chems of unknown dose and provenance just fine last night.

May I ask why you went ahead and ate this stuff?