• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Do men really believe that women are their equal?

what are you trying to prove by asserting that males are the more dominant? are you trying to put us in our place... or just reassure yourself that you're actually important?

what are you trying to prove by asserting that males are the more dominant? are you trying to put us in our place... or just reassure yourself that you're actually important?

I'm not sure what the big deal is. Like Noodle says, men and women complement eachother. However, one (and yes sometimes it is the woman - especially in America - land of the emotionally castrated male, lol) in the relationship is naturally the leader. To idealistically say that in a relationship it is 50/50 is so ridiculous I am not sure if people are completely brainwashed by what society expects or they are just too busy fighting for dominace in the relationship that they don't even realize it.

I feel kinda sorry for guys who are in this "male dominance" headspace all the time. I'm so much happier when I don't feel tension surrounding my relationship with half the population of the world. Treating people equally, and believing that they are my equal, is just way more comfortable.

I'm not sure what the big deal is. Like Noodle says, men and women complement eachother. However, one (and yes sometimes it is the woman - especially in America - land of the emotionally castrated male, lol) in the relationship is naturally the leader. To idealistically say that in a relationship it is 50/50 is so ridiculous I am not sure if people are completely brainwashed by what society expects or they are just too busy fighting for dominace in the relationship that they don't even realize it.

Yin and Yang compliment each other and neither is the leader or greater than the other. The big deal is that you are drawing the conclusion that one must be better than another because they are not completely equal. That is not a logic-based conclusion. Two times six is twelve, and you cannot make twelve out of two or six without both two and six, but is it two sixes or six twos? Is one puzzle piece inherently better than the one it fits with?

Evolution does not develop two sexes that are not completely dependent on one another for survival of the species. Otherwise reproduction would be solely asexual or hermaphrodite-based because it's much more efficient. While hypothetically possible, it is practically not - the only species that do go through parthenogenesis (and keep in mind, males CAN'T do this, so maybe females are better? [insert rolly eyes here]) do so when sexual reproduction is not advantageous, disadvantageous, or impossible. So purely biologically, it is impossible to draw the conclusion that one sex is better, stronger, greater, more important, or anything-er than the other. Each sex is better AT CERTAIN THINGS and those are usually things that the other one is bad at, so even then it's pretty damn difficult to come to the conclusion that one is better than the other. And this doesn't even begin to touch the concept of gender. A MTF female will be much physically stronger than a biological female, but they will also possess all the best psychological traits of women, so I suppose if you ever decide to go the Hitler route, those can be your Aryans. :p =D

I'm seriously confused at how you can say that men and women complement each other and then come to the conclusion that one is better than the other. No, they are not equal, but again, there is no reasonable way to draw a distinction of superiority. What exactly is it in your eyes that makes men superior? That they are typically more domineering? Because that's social engineering, not natural behavior. (And your assertion that being more dominant is a reflexively positive trait and/or quantifies as "better" is dubious too. Not to mention, have you ever seen what happens when you get between a female bear and her cub? It's hard to argue that there is much more dominant behavior than that on earth...) Men are more AGGRESSIVE than women, but being domineering is NOT a natural tendency, especially with men in relation to women. Males fight for DOMINANCE, and they do so AMONGST EACH OTHER, and they do so in order to spread their seed most effectively, not for the "benefit" of being dominant - it's only in order to have as much sex as possible, which is not dictated solely by male behavior.

On the flip side, females are selective about who they will let inseminate them because successful procreation depends on survival of the offspring which requires selection of the genetically healthiest mate, and in humans and many other higher-order animals also the selection of the best resource provider. If anything, that negates the value of dominance, because even the most dominant man isn't guaranteed the possibility of mating with the healthiest female because he may not necessarily be the best resource provider, and in large-group pack species like humans, being overly aggressive is actually a detriment because being an asshole gets you separated from the group, and getting separated from the group means death (biologically, without the fancy aids of modern technology).

And even this black-and-white biology aside, which should stand pretty well on its own to completely discredit your leadership/dominance argument, what about males that have less "typically male" traits and females that have more "typically male" traits? Not all men are at one far end of the bell curve, and neither are women. If one of each of those got into a relationship with each other, the woman would by default be the "better" one in the relationship by your definitions because you assert that male qualities make men superior. Or what about one man and one woman that do both fall exactly in the middle of the "typically male trait" curve? Then, by your assertions, they SHOULD be EXACTLY 50/50 in their relationship.

So really there's no way your argument can hold water because humans are not binary beings. And even when you strip things down to the most biologically basic, closest-to-binary concepts, the traits you have chosen to hold up as the most important are not even relevant. It's all about having sex, and it takes both men and women to have sex.

And really, if you don't want to even consider anyone's arguments, why do you keep asking?

Last edited:
The big deal is that you are drawing the conclusion that one must be better than another because they are not completely equal.

It has nothing to do with one being BETTER or WORSE than the other. It simply has to do with dominance. It is the natural order of things. For whatever the reason, in any group, there is an individual that is looked upon as THE LEADER. I realize that this is a hard concept for many of you to grasp, but it has always been this way, and I'm sure it will always be this way.

PS - Still not sure what all the fuss is about. I did not ask you to write an essay for me. You could have kept it clear and concise instead of rambling on and on trying to (indirectly of course) justify your insecurities as a human being.

It simply has to do with dominance. It is the natural order of things. For whatever the reason, in any group, there is an individual that is looked upon as THE LEADER.

The best leaders don't dominate, though, they support. A leader only needs to dominate if they perceive a threat from within their own ranks. If everyone's actually all on the same team, a dominating leader is probably not going to be very effective. The best leader is the leader that most effectively encourages cooperation and mutual support, and "dominating" people is just not the best way to do this unless you're already scared that they'll try to take your social status and position.

If men and women treat each other as allies, "domination" is simply not a wise goal to have. It's only the best approach if you're living in constant conflict with those around you, and that's something that the lucky among us can simply opt out of.

Make women have to sign up for the draft! Like men. Equal pay also means Equal work! Then we are truly equal.

I just watched a documentary on a couple that decided to live with and study wolves: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y9uHiJG2k0, and the relationships between males/females, alpha vs. beta vs. omega, is actually quite complicated. Rather than a "winner take all, loser dies alone" natural order of things theory that seems to get thrown around the internet alot, surprisingly, all these fuckers need each other and the pack can't survive if one of these elements are missing.

As for the original question, I do think that men and women are both important, but you have to acknowledge that going off of physical biology, males/females excel by in large excel in different areas (men as protectors, women as caregivers, going off of their default physical attributes). We compliment each other, like ying & yang. In a world this big and varied, you'll always find an example(a tiny tribe somewhere usually) where the roles are reversed, where a Matriarchy dominates, or where men and women don't have a concept of being "different" and by default, treat each other equally, etc. etc. or here in the modern world, where a single mom has no choice but to take charge and take care of 7 kids because the dad is gone. This doesn't invalidate the fact that the majority of men & women in this world gravitate into roles that fit their respective natural biological make-up.

Old thread but I would be interested to know how many men here would be comfortable voting a women in to office as president.

We have voted in at least two female prime ministers and have a Queen as head of state
Haven't been to war in 40 years so there might be a correlation

i'll probably get a chance in november :)

while a female president is obviously a first in the u.s., it's hardly a novel thing on the world stage: List of female heads of government

alasdair

I hate to say it but I admit I could not vote for a women and I'm from the south so you know it damn sure won't be Hillary.

I'm trying to come up with logical reasons why I couldn't but nothing is coming to mind. I guess it's just hard for me to put my confidence into a women to make the hard decisions that she would need to make while in office.