• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Do men really believe that women are their equal?

that's why it's important you fact check, read many sources. in short, inform yourself. it seems like a pipe dream in american in 2016 but the best recipe for good government is an informed, engaged electorate.
it's your vote and you get to decide how to cast it and why but that just seems a little sad and reactionary. it's crazy to think that women have only been able to vote for less than 100 years but i guess it's not that surprising in the context of opinions like yours.

call me crazy/idealistic/whatever, i think that a vote for president is a vote for the person you believe can lead. you're free to believe that only men can lead but it seems a little dated and it's an idea that the rest of the world has embraced.

alasdair

I like how polite you are as you put me down for my views. I don't call you sad for having a different opinion than I do. Do as you wish but seems a bit petty and childish to me.

OT- if women are so equal then why so few female 4 star generals in the armed forces. How many females have commanded a battalion during war time. If my way of thinking is so muddled and/or limited then why aren't there many of them leading in other high power positions?

I like how polite you are as you put me down for my views. I don't call you sad for having a different opinion than I do.
i don't describe it as sad simply because it's different to my opinion. i literally think it's sad.
OT- if women are so equal then why so few female 4 star generals in the armed forces.
because the military is guilty of institutional misogyny and is a great example of an organisation which treats women unequally.

alasdair

i don't describe it as sad simply because it's different to my opinion. i literally think it's sad.
because the military is guilty of institutional misogyny and is a great example of an organisation which treats women unequally.

alasdair

You don't think it could be possible that the military might know something about the women's psyche that you don't?

You don't think it could be possible that the military might know something about the women's psyche that you don't?
i don't believe i said - or even implied - that's not possible. of course there are other possibilities.

i just think that holding up an organization which is a great example of institutional misogyny as proof that women don't succeed because they're weak makes my point better than it makes your own.

alasdair

ahhh this thread is making me lol.

men are told they will be leaders its social conditioning reinforcing the alphamale idea from when we were monkeys.

thats a time when leading was based around individual physical strength, warriors. now is very different

I see some women as equals, same was I wouldn't say some guys are equal! I work in a male dominated industry but have met a couple of females on the way and I don't see them any different.

My first instinct was to say yes, but when I thought about it a bit more, I realized that no, men and women aren't equals.... women are superior to us.

ahhh this thread is making me lol.

men are told they will be leaders its social conditioning reinforcing the alphamale idea from when we were monkeys.

thats a time when leading was based around individual physical strength, warriors. now is very different

brains!

BRAINS!

I think men and women, males and females are different.

It just is what it is.

Equal but different imo. I've known chicks that were a lot more hardcore than a lot of guys.