• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Do Dubstep and LSD mix well together?

How well do they mix? TOO WELL!
nothing like hearing a mind-blowing drop while your mind is being blown the fuck up on some LSD.
at dubstep concerts it gets kinda weird though... i'm not really a fan of dosing in public myself though...

Didn't really enjoy it much personally at Shambhala, but I think it had a lot to do with the insane volume (120,000 watts), and that it was less 'dub'-step and more mid-range bro-step robot farts.

Wandered into a geodesic dome playing psydub/IDM and was in heaven though.

I think ketamine goes better with dubstep personally...

Disregard if you don't like Dubstep! (Listen to Cracks by Flux Pavilion if you're a sceptic).

I have my first tab of LSD and I want a fun first trip. Dubstep music by itself, when it's good, gives me brain tingles and makes me feel kind of like being shocked. I love it. It's like a drug in itself, but I've never dropped acid before and want to know if mixing the two is a good idea. I've heard you *have* to listen to Jimi Hendrix and the like, but I'm just not into that. I will however download a song just to see, so don't worry.

Anyway, anyone have any experience with mixing intense music like Dubstep and LSD?

I just listened to that song and I have to say it fucking sucked.

Personally I think dubstep is retarded but whatever music you like best will be good for your trip. There is no real answer to this.

personally i prefer 2c-x for dubstep... the somewhat metallic feel of a 2c-x experience trickles my serotonin receptors just in the right way for the noise that is dubstep (don't get me wrong, i love them woops :D )

but yeah acid for psytrance, 2c-x for dubstep, oh and don't forget the towel, ehh weed that is :)

yes yes yesss

finally some1 knows good time, this combo is amazing sir/madam, i spent all night tripping on cid playing my decks, and recorded 1 of the best dubstep mixes to date .

def good time if u expereinces shall i say with psychs

if your not it might freakl you the fuck out, be safe :)

peace

Firstly, Cracks by Flux Pavillion is an absolute banger.

Second, I love dubstep while tripping, but I do tend to avoid the darker realms of the genre. Some of it can be real menacing, while some can be just insane rave-inducing joy. This isnt advice or anything, just my own personal experience, but I tend to want positivity in my music when tripping. A personal favorite is Animal Collective. VERY multi-layered.

I find it weird that everyone's saying any music you love sober HAS to be better tripping. My music taste seems to change when I'm tripping. I love hardcore/metalcore sober, but on lsd i just felt such a dark/evil vibe from it and had to turn it off. I was too scared to even TRY my dubstep collection. I prefer softer tempo music on acid like deerhunter, psychedelic layering at it's finest. Also can't understand how people can listen to "psytrance/goa etc." on acid. Feels like i'm being raped by clowns

Flux Pavilion is awful music in my opinion - I adore dubstep by Pinch, Mala, Quest, Peverelist, Ramadanman, Pangaea, Coki, old Skream and Benga, El-B, Skepta, Terror Danjah, Kode9, Loefah, James Blake, Swindle, Falty DL, Ikonika, Brackles, Burial, and Joker to name a few.

However, the thing I find about acid is the ability to subscribe to a particular aesthetic and really indulge in it. So it's just as awesome to listen to soul and funk by James Brown or Isaac Hayes as it is to listen to queezy electronica by Massive Attack or Aphex Twin, or the beautifully considered hip hop of Madlib or J Dilla.

Listen to whatever you enjoy, and it'll be just fine (as long as you genuinely enjoy it when you're sober.)

I dunno about acid but Nitrous hell yes. Nitrous gives you a chorus effect (audiory hallucination) sommthing similar to WOMP bass. So imagine that and Dub, its a dream come true

I really think the suitability of any music for tripping purposes is entirely up to personal taste and mindset. I've on some occasions enjoyed fast death metal immensely while tripping heavily on acid, while some times I can't handle even the most mellow stuff :)

"It's not like it will come out of the speakers and eat your face on a dose"

actually, when i dose at dubstep shows thats exactly what Im expecting to happen!
when the bass eats your face, its a sure sign of a good time.

~all you need is a little wobble

Sounds like you'd like dubstep on acid if you liked it on dxm... never tried the combo personally but if it does prove to be too overwhelming then i highly recommend some minimal techno.
Minimal on LSA caused the most intense synaesthesia of my life!

If you DJ, I suggest DJing your favorite tunes on LSD rather then just listening to a song.

man do you really have to ask this, can't you just turn the song off if you don't enjoy it?

i love dubstep, but i can't really see myself listening to a whole lot of it while on LSD. i prefer more "feel good" music with a little bit more "soul" to it if you know what i mean. i can see dubstep being potentially distracting too with all the whomps and wobbles, and potentially not allowing my mind to think or wander as much as i'd like it to as i would be focusing on the beats and drops more.

idk.. that's just me though. to each his own. different stroke for different folks. if i were to listen to a type of electronic it would probably be some soothing trance, like oceanlab for example (check out these: sirens of the sea, satelite, on a good day, clear blue water). there's a whole lot of good trance out there tho.

also don't be afraid to mix up your music on your playlist and include several different types of varieties. Tool is pretty cool to listen to as well.

well, you can't just generalize what dubstep is, since there are many artist that just drop totally different... but the best tracks for me on acid are "Skrillex - Make it bun dem" and "Jacob Tillberg - Soldier on Acid" (even though it's drumstep, but i never got the difference) and other great artists, if you don't know dubstep that well, are TroyBoi, EH!DE, Spag Heddy and Midnight Tyrannosaurus... there you have a diverse mix of drops and melodies, have fun :D

Skrillex isn't dubstep. But us Americans have been confused about what dubstep is since it's earliest days.

All I can say is I miss the bass-centric stuff of the late 2000s, the kind that Skream pioneered. Before all the treble came in...

Skrillex == brostep. Nothing wrong with that inherently, and he actually is super talented, but totally agree that most people in n. America have the wrong idea of what dubstep is!

That aggro brostep flavour is parallel to what happened to d&b in the late 90s early 2000s, kind of competitive testosterone music that sows the seeds of it's own destruction.

Luckily d&b is back in much more interesting, deep and musical forms, and dubstep is simmering away in the background and there's still people doing cool stuff with the genre.

Anyways, LSD is great for whatever music you're into be it baroque harpsichord quartet, Egyptian goth metal, or electro jazzcore.

But yeah it's really good for dubstep.

Generally speaking, LSD and other psychedelics make music with lots of midrange very interesting to my ears, its almost juicy. Music thats just lows and highs can feel a bit lifeless and without a strong leading focus, it quickly becomes background music.

i fucking love dubstep sober or on LSD. Seriously, its something about the tempo, anything from skrillex to kromestar I can't get enough of it. Theres just enough room between the drums for all these crazy sounds to really be expressed. Been on a huge dnb stint as well lately, spor is my favorite i think.

I'm in NA and have a quite large circle of friends that enjoy and listen to electronic music together and I'd say we all enjoy brostep as much as "real" dubstep; its really not as different as people make it out to be. That said, it's much easier for a brostep tune to be absolutely horrendously bad than it is for a deep dubstep tune, just sort of the nature of aggressive music. As time goes on I see a greater blending of the styles, its not so polarized anymore. Hell, truth is the biggest name in deep dubstep and releases on a brostep label.

IDK if LSD would MAKE anyone like any type of music they don't normally, but it might make them more open minded to new things. Most of the time, music you don't like has a lot to do with not understanding it, psychedelics can certainly help with that.

And, I just realized how old this thread is lol, guess this should just be moved to the music forum at this point.