View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Do Dubstep and LSD mix well together?

Delta Xray Mike

Greenlighter
Disregard if you don't like Dubstep! (Listen to Cracks by Flux Pavilion if you're a sceptic).

I have my first tab of LSD and I want a fun first trip. Dubstep music by itself, when it's good, gives me brain tingles and makes me feel kind of like being shocked. I love it. It's like a drug in itself, but I've never dropped acid before and want to know if mixing the two is a good idea. I've heard you *have* to listen to Jimi Hendrix and the like, but I'm just not into that. I will however download a song just to see, so don't worry.

Anyway, anyone have any experience with mixing intense music like Dubstep and LSD?

I think any music you like would be good on LSD.

It's not like it will come out of the speakers and eat your face on a dose

=D

I cannot imagine what kind of music it would not mix well with, except maybe something like polka but even people who like polka and who also like acid would disagree with me here.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it 'mixing' but yes I have listened to it on acid and also gone to events with it and with 'electronica' (man, that sounds much more generic than the term IDM), braindance then?
The feeling of the bass shaking you is indeed a special type of experience but the only thing to "worry" about is getting overwhelmed in general if you do not have much tripping experience.
Still, just don't worry about it lol. Just let go.

I cannot imagine what kind of music it would not mix well with, except maybe something like polka but even people who like polka and who also like acid would disagree with me here.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it 'mixing' but yes I have listened to it on acid and also gone to events with it and with 'electronica' (man, that sounds much more generic than the term IDM), braindance then?
The feeling of the bass shaking you is indeed a special type of experience but the only thing to "worry" about is getting overwhelmed in general if you do not have much tripping experience.
Still, just don't worry about it lol. Just let go.

The overwhelming is mainly what I'm asking about I guess. I already feel pretty overwhelmed listening to dubstep, and I wouldn't want to the experience to multiply too much. I can just see myself having a seizure because the experience is too intense...

Obviously not the same thing, but I have experience with DXM and Dubstep is amazing on a good 2nd lvl, but I have felt myself almost lose complete control of my brain if that makes any sense.

Hahaha. =D

I agree. Psychedelics basically amplify the enjoyment you already get out of music.

I will say, however, that psyches work well with music that's really intricate and multilayered. If it's really complex, it's like jumping into an entire world of sonic magic. I don't much enjoy really simple and one-dimensional music on psychedelics.

http://vimeo.com/20800127

Endearing dubstep alert ^

Totally agreed on the multi-layeredness. LSD will just make you too consious thereby not letting you be too lazy and superficial as a spectator but really feel alive, participating, interacting it, feeling it. At least IMO.
I still think everyone has a development curve and a personal range of potential. It's not like everyone will suddenly appreciate the craziest noise and post-industrial as well as classical masterpieces, but I think it has the propensity to make people reach and be as open as they can bear to be at that moment.

Hell yeah it does, when those grimy basslines melt your face you wont be able to pick up the pieces.

Just don't listen to music so loud that you damage your delicate ears! You only have one pair, and your cochlear hairs don't ever grow back!

I've never tried acid but omg when I listen to dubstep on 2c-e at a party I feel like i'm just completely melting.. and grimier than ever before. I believe I leave a trail of grime behind myself as I melt away dancing.

I've never tried acid but omg when I listen to dubstep on 2c-e at a party I feel like i'm just completely melting.. and grimier than ever before. I believe I leave a trail of grime behind myself as I melt away dancing.

That sounds really awesome in an odd sort of way! I know the feeling though. As everyone else has said, it will almost definitely make for a good time. Will it enhance the sound and depth of the music for the day? Definitely. Will you have the time of your life and the best experience ever? More than likely but that's not guaranteed. I'd recommend having plan A's, B's and C's to fall on during all that time. I mean you're gonna feel altered for over 10 hours. My best recommendation would be to have at least a trip sitter to hang out for the night (best to have a trip buddy), sober or not, just to have a companion to relate to. Emotions can get pretty intense at times so I wouldn't count on just chilling in your room the whole night, there's gonna be lots going on and lots to do. Enjoy your Dubstep/LSD experiment. I'd recommend some STS9 but that's just my style. Peace.

I dropped around 7:30pm and when I left the club around 2:30am I could tell I was coming down. Maybe it was just the environment I was in and the griminess of the place but after I left I felt a bit more clear headed. Just felt like I needed a shower really badly lol. If I had not been around a bunch of other people who were tripping I would have had a pretty shitty time though. So make sure you are with friends and/or people who are also on your level.

Dropped 3 hits at the Excision and Downlink show last friday. It was nuts. At times it was overwhelming, but when I felt like it was too much, I just told myself to stay positive and shortly after it was awesome again. Definitely an epic night. You might want to keep the dose on the lighter side if you're at a concert, but if you've got control of the speakers, you can always turn it off. Acid will tend to go well with any music you like, e.g. I'm a death metal fan, and for me they go well together.

Dubstep + LSD

I think any music you like would be good on LSD.

It's not like it will come out of the speakers and eat your face on a dose

=D

Lol dont tell him that man, What are you tryin to do to the poor guy? Anyway. Dupstep is bomb on sid bro! seriously do it ! Just make sur that your really into it and in a good mood when you do it so that it will carry out through your trip. :)

Hello there - this is my first post here. Glad to be here:)

I'm going to dissent a little bit from the consensus here, based firmly on my own experience (which might or might not be relevant).

For sure you will probably have a great time, as most of the replies have suggested. However, it is also possible for some people to find that some music they love while straight just doesn't work for them while tripping, and it's important not to get too hung up if this happens to you, I would say.

Some of my early experiences involved trying to listen to music that was very intense and that I just couldn't get into on acid: heavy dub, extreme free jazz, etc. I would feel that I was somehow failing to open myself up properly because I didn't enjoy this music that I normally loved so much. Eventually I had a much better time when I just let it go and listened to music that seemed to work in the psychedelic state (including some stuff that I would be embarrassed to admit to and couldn't listen to the rest of the time - Wyndham Hill new age music etc. ). That really helped me get into the whole thing and achieve some incredible peak experiences. Eventually after much more experience of tripping I found I could explore those other musics on acid in a different way and really get into them.

The moral of the story is just that if you find yourself not into it, then don't let that become a hang-up. But you probably will like it anyway. Lose yourself in the warm embrace of the earth-strong bass and you'll probably be fine;)