• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Do Dubstep and LSD mix well together?

Skrilly's is not dubstep... Is that dude still alive?

Nowadays Dub is becoming popular again it seems in the underground.

As for LSD and Dubstep. Like bread n butter baby.. Like PB n J.. But then again I love heavy eye rattling bass so take that with a grain of salt. Honestly bass heavy music (most genres) on some F1's is like a drug to me.. Last festival I went to, I was so depressed the last night/morning, not because I had to leave the festival but because I knew I wouldn't get to see Funktions again for almost another year lol. I danced in front of some boxes until they shut it down.

A few weeks back I took the largest LSD dose I've ever taken to date, the come up was so intense all I could do was focus on dancing and the music. When my favorite artist finally came on the peak had settled out and I was dancing hard, mind was completely blown away, it was beautiful.

Also I haven't heard the term "brostep" in at least five years lol thought it was extinct.

I like both brostep and dubstep however, brostep brings me back to 2010 era of my life when I was wading through pools of piperazines trying to find some semi-ok MDXX lol good times..

-GC

Last edited:
Skrilly's is not dubstep... Is that dude still alive?

Nowadays Dub is becoming popular again it seems in the underground.

As for LSD and Dubstep. Like bread n butter baby.. Like PB n J.. But then again I love heavy eye rattling bass so take that with a grain of salt. Honestly bass heavy music (most genres) on some F1's is like a drug to me.. Last festival I went to, I was so depressed the last night/morning, not because I had to leave the festival but because I knew I wouldn't get to see Funktions again for almost another year lol. I danced in front of some boxes until they shut it down.

A few weeks back I took the largest LSD dose I've ever taken to date, the come up was so intense all I could do was focus on dancing and the music. When my favorite artist finally came on the peak had settled out and I was dancing hard, mind was completely blown away, it was beautiful.

Also I haven't heard the term "brostep" in at least five years lol thought it was extinct.

I like both brostep and dubstep however, brostep brings me back to 2010 era of my life when I was wading through pools of piperazines trying to find some semi-ok MDXX lol good times..

-GC

OMFG ahahahahaha as an avid consumer of brostep, there is a specific era of brostep that reminds me of EXACTLY that. Like Kickstarts Bar9 remix and Flux Pavilion Cracks. There was this one night i got drunk at a house party and took a blue dolphin press without thinking, and i found out later it was pipes, the UKF mix they had on repeat all night were burned into my brain.

Interesting everyone here feels brostep is dead, even in NA, in the last year theres been multiple entire festivals started for pretty much that style alone. I'm not exactly pleased with direction its heading, but its certainly growing in popularity within the electronic music scene.

Last edited:
Hahaha oh I know you know ;) I loved Flux. I started taking MDMA around 2005, but didn't get into the "dance scene" culture until 2010 so that time is engrained in me too man. Used to listen to sooo much UKF. Bassnectar was how I found it all, Wildstyle EP had just dropped I'm pretty sure and it was definitely a different time for me back then.

I swear people used to be so much more hyphy back then, and this last festival proved it... I saw Jantsen for the first time in at least 5-6yrs, and his set brought me back hard to those bassnectar days. The part that struck me though was how nuts the crowd was going, I miss that shit. They called it "raging" for a reason, although I don't here that word much these days either.. The dancing style for brostep is a lot more hyped up.

Maybe I'm just getting old or my scene has changed but either way it was cool to relive it.

Brostep is definitely still alive and well but do people still use that terminology or is it just those that have been around for a few years? I just never here it anymore until this thread but it could just be the people I'm around.

-GC

Hahaha oh I know you know ;) I loved Flux. I started taking MDMA around 2005, but didn't get into the "dance scene" culture until 2010 so that time is engrained in me too man. Used to listen to sooo much UKF. Bassnectar was how I found it all, Wildstyle EP had just dropped I'm pretty sure and it was definitely a different time for me back then.

I swear people used to be so much more hyphy back then, and this last festival proved it... I saw Jantsen for the first time in at least 5-6yrs, and his set brought me back hard to those bassnectar days. The part that struck me though was how nuts the crowd was going, I miss that shit. They called it "raging" for a reason, although I don't here that word much these days either.. The dancing style for brostep is a lot more hyped up.

Maybe I'm just getting old or my scene has changed but either way it was cool to relive it.

Brostep is definitely still alive and well but do people still use that terminology or is it just those that have been around for a few years? I just never here it anymore until this thread but it could just be the people I'm around.

-GC

term brostep went through the whole "own it" thing that happens with purposefully negative slang, like its a kinda joking-endearing term now. I think everyone just realized the real bro music is trap, edm and hip hop alike ;).

The thing now is just purely headbanging/moshing, so much to the point that it looks cringey and seems forced. Any brostep show or set at a festival pre-2016 there was none of that really. I certainly miss people just moving and wilding out how they feel (which was what i liked about brostep) rather than getting into this competition of who can mosh/headbang the hardest. It's moving in a more metal direction these days, for better or for worse (IMO worse).

^^^Interesting you bring that up. You know me a bit and know that I've moved to an area kinda closer to you. Back "home" though there was/is never moshing, but after moving out here I noticed it.

I used to love to mosh don't get me wrong but there's a specific scene and culture already for that. In my opinion i agree it has no place in a subculture focused on love and good vibes, I have my beliefs as to why this is happening but I won't go conspiracy theorist right this sec.

When I first saw it I just stood there laughing until I watched some girl get straight dropped right in front of me. I felt like Dad out there picking people up cuz no one else was...

And that was another thing that bothered me, no one was helping people that fell. I used to be into the metal scene when I was a kid and rule number 1 is pick people up. I remember back then you wouldn't even fall cuz someone would catch you before you even hit the ground. It's sad that a culture which prides itself on love and peace and respect has to display acts of aggression with zero help when people fall or get hurt..

I notice Riddim seems to create the moshing and it's really popular out here but not so much back where I'm from..

(Side note: Funniest mosh memory is of dude getting knocked the fuck out right in front of me, his head hit my shoe.. We pick him up and I starting slapping him to wake him up. Soon as he regains consciousness he went right back in lol couldn't believe it..)

Your right though back then brostep was a negative term and those annoying people would always have to make sure everyone else knew that what they were listening to wasn't ACTUALLY dubstep lol. Then trap came...

Ah it's fun to reminisce but I'll stop majorly derailing the thread now :)

-GC

This belongs in the electronic music forum, most of this kind of question belongs to matters of opinion and not any universal effects of psychedelics on humans.

I can only bear a part of dubstep to begin with, post-dubstep moreso.... on acid I am more particular, more sensitive and closer to my native self.

In my opinion artists like Vaethx are superior to dubstep with regard to fat sound design. But you do need to be comfortable with broken beats.

Last edited:
I guess, as one of the older folks in here, I have had some synesthetic mind melting times on some seriously dark Drum and Bass....

I have to say that as I am positive LSD will make all music better to the one who loves it, I think there is something different about what electronic music does to your sense of sound and vision on LSD and other synesthesia producing psychedelics.

For example, Pink Floyd, while amazing on LSD really hits its stride the best on the song "On the Run". Which is a bunch of synthesizer loops and what not.

There is absolutely no comparison to the visions that electronic music produces in me to those that rock music produces. Its like a totally different ballpark... nay... totally different sport.

I seriously bet dubstep would be like watching robot aliens creating an alternate universe with 5 dimensional bricks on acid.