• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [DMT Subthread] Preparations & Expectations

Its only been about a year since I finally got up the nerve to extract DMT

I have gone through a few kilos of mimosa since then, so its not like I havent been very far out... I know that you can smoke enough to not know the experience will be over in a few minutes, but when you get that far usually you arent really able to consider anything bad or good (at least I can not really do much more than observe in awe no matter how negative whats happening may have normally seemed to me)

Another thing is that Even the worst experience I have had on DMT is no where near the difficulty to deal with of any of the typical difficult trips from other psychedelics.... For me the closest thing I have had to a difficult trip on DMT is being in an environment that I didnt like the looks of.

I guess maybe its different for me, but on sub breakthrough doses my normal thought process is 100% unafected, its more like ive teleported somewhere with all kinds of awesome beautiful scenery of psychedelic neon wonder than it is like I have taken a drug because my mind is still 100% normal.

Also the physical body high from DMT is always almost orgasmic.

couple those facts with how short it lasts and its a perfect , no brainer, first psychedelic choice IMO....

Now that said, I still get preflight anxiety before smoking DMT just about every time, but its never justified and it seems like it has the power to cause a nightmare of a bad trip, but in reality, it never has for me... maybe im lucky, different, or who knows what. But thats how it is for me...
After a lot of DMT trips I've only had one completely full-blown bad trip. A few other times afterward I felt it starting to go that way, but managed to steer it in a safer direction and more or less salvage the experience, and I've had trips with good and bad parts mixed together. Thankfully the clear-headedness of DMT does let you "steer" the trip to some extent, but a first-timer certainly wouldn't be able to do that. Also while the physical body high has never been painful or terribly unpleasant, it has never been anywhere close to "orgasmic" to me, usually just incredibly weird, sometimes in a good way and sometimes in a decidedly uncomfortable way. It's important to keep in mind that there's a lot of variation with this stuff. I guess a very small, sub-breakthrough dose of DMT wouldn't be a terrible introduction to psychedelics, but compared to tasteless LSD, DMT smoke is some really harsh shit.

The experiences vary a lot depending on where you are, who you are with if anyone, method of smoking or consuming with maoi.

If you want to get your feet wet, get like 2 or 3 friends together and throw like 150mg into a blunt and smoke it until your good, spread it throughout the length of it when you roll it. Its surprisingly functional if that's where you want your mind to be.

The experience of breaking through in
watch
is about as close as i feel you could manage to capture in film. Its a few minutes in. The movie is worth buying, its intense...

But sometimes its just a lot of fractals, but people end up in these spaces that are inhabited by these elf creatures. I am one of these people, whenever i do it alone. It starts off at nothing and then you feel the harsh smoke hit the back of your throat and then you try to inhale deeply and hold it. Within a matter of seconds the experience starts to escalate in intensity, you try to hit the pipe again and manage to do so, hold for 10 seconds or a little longer, try and hit it again and get a good one, hold it in for as long as you can, eventually you will lose conscious control of breath shortly and start to do it regardless. But if not, try and hit the pipe again. Really just go until you cant.

But from the first hit, i get these lines that flow through the open space around me, light radiates from them, the flame of the lighter and the pipe to my mouth separate and double as my visual field is distorted, depth perception and familiar geometry in your home can break and rearrange. This gets to a point where you are no longer consciously in the same room you smoked it in. Ever elf trip has gone from a typical dmt experience into this bright white light and then i was in somewhere far less visually chaotic. The first time they showed marked curiosity in my being there, but in the end i am the alien in their space. The curiosity resulted in being molested (not in a sexual manner, just touchy), they seemed curious and benevolent. Since then, it happens whenever i do it alone naked in my bed.

If you like the smell, and im sure not all people will, but i think its comforting. I have taken a hit and gotten under my covers and exhaled. It sticks to stuff, but you start to associate it with the experience, and it just feels so comfortable. Its such a strange place, but at the same time something just seems so very familiar about it.

But i have been dealing with more problems than i want to be in the past few weeks and it has lead me towards being significantly depressed. I decided 100mg of DMT in a bat (its a lot, but i smoke until i cant and then come out of it to hit it again) with some spice on top and bottom would probably be very productive and smoked it alone in my room with shpongle on. As i fell into the void there was this intensely bright light radiating nothing but positivity, and i felt a warmth that is best described as being embraced in the arms of god. There was a good deal of introspection and working through a lot of things in my life. Also guidance on how to improve my life through my own actions.

I came out of it crying from the sheer beauty that i had just witnessed.... Hit the pipe again and fell back into the space.

The rest of it was a pretty standard non elf trip, they had shown me all i needed to see. I went into it looking for guidance and answers on how to feel some significantly positive emotion and it was exactly what i needed.

Oh and if you do it alone and naked, your own skin will feel really really nice to touch. It has something to do with the detachment from your body or at least partially, but it has an awesome body high.

The space it puts you is going to be completely new, but something about it will probably seem familiar, you will probably be surprised by the remarkably clear thought pattens, its very lucid until you break through and then your just in your own head.

It is indescribably beautiful, or it always has been to me. You may think im full of shit for talking about elves, but others will probably agree with me on experiencing it. I didn't believe it until it happened to me. Its great to be receptive to the idea at the very least, because they often offer you wisdom and answers if that is what you want. I went into it with the desire to feel positive emotion and figure out how to grow as a person, and i was given as much as i needed.

Best of luck, treat it with the respect it deserves, it will give you a glimpse of something you can not even begin to fathom.

Last edited:
just a side-note, to those people that say mushrooms are very close, that makes total sense. Psilocin (the chemical that psylocibin breaks down into in your system) is chemically named 4-hydroxy-dimethyltryptamine...or 4-HO-DMT <<< see the DMT?

Whenever I've mentioned this before I've had several people claiming that psilocin cannot act as DMT in the body because it's impossible.

A lot of people talk about an MAOI "potentiating shrooms" but I think they must be people with no experience with DMT. What an MAOI does is change a mushroom trip into a DMT trip. Not sure how an MAOI like moclobemide has this effect tho.

I would to take oral DMT, but sadly I think it is just too much of a risk for me. As a diabetic, psychedelia already presents a certain risk factor in that I have to maintain a certain level of control at all times to check my blood glucose levels at appropriate times and keep check of my body. With most psychedelics, I can adequately do this and even if I can't - via ego loss - I usually prepare by elevating my blood sugar levels a bit higher than normal to assure that they won't go too low in that time frame. However, with oral DMT, the sheer force of the vomiting combined with the intensity of the hallucinations and the time frame is dangerous. Not only would I be likely unable to keep check of myself, but the vomiting would present some serious dangers with my blood sugar levels and could cause them to dramatically drop...

The experience sounds fascinating to me, but I don't think it's really an option. The only thing I could really do is have a friend who is very aware of all of this and has knowledge of my equipment, check me at regular intervals and take appropriate action. And I'm not sure this is really desirable..

Alot of what I experience has already been alluded to but Ive noticed compared to other hallucinogens I've done its much more structured and precise with both open and closed eyes. Besides the first 5-10 seconds or so nothing is really wavy/runny to me like acid or mushrooms, very distinct boundaries between patterns and objects.

im yet to see elves on DMT. ive seen some entitys made out of colors and light though

Ive done it all but DMT ive been to festivals been in all the circles still never managed to get it unfortunately I gave up, guess it just wasnt meant to be.

I would to take oral DMT, but sadly I think it is just too much of a risk for me. As a diabetic, psychedelia already presents a certain risk factor in that I have to maintain a certain level of control at all times to check my blood glucose levels at appropriate times and keep check of my body. With most psychedelics, I can adequately do this and even if I can't - via ego loss - I usually prepare by elevating my blood sugar levels a bit higher than normal to assure that they won't go too low in that time frame. However, with oral DMT, the sheer force of the vomiting combined with the intensity of the hallucinations and the time frame is dangerous. Not only would I be likely unable to keep check of myself, but the vomiting would present some serious dangers with my blood sugar levels and could cause them to dramatically drop...

The nausea is something I've struggled with for a long time. Even with pure moclobemide and pure DMT freebase, 20 minutes after you take the DMT there's an almost primeval urge to throw your guts up. I can't think what causes it but it's almost unescapable. Even tho oral DMT could be the most precious psychedelic experience in my life I can't face the nausea for it.

Mushrooms and moclobemide are something else. A very, very special treat. I don't think you'd have any problem with nausea but the psychedelic peak does last for 4-5 hours pretty much peaking the entire time.

Whenever I've mentioned this before I've had several people claiming that psilocin cannot act as DMT in the body because it's impossible.

A lot of people talk about an MAOI "potentiating shrooms" but I think they must be people with no experience with DMT. What an MAOI does is change a mushroom trip into a DMT trip. Not sure how an MAOI like moclobemide has this effect tho.

I never said it acted as DMT, just that they were chemically related...same reason MDMA and MDA feel similar.

Also, MAOI will allow more of the psylocibin to be converted as opposed to being destroyed in your digestive tract.

I'm not arguing with you, for me the psilocybin acts exactly as DMT when you combine it with MAOI.

I don't think it makes more psilocybin available because if you try and take it twice in a week you get no effects whatsoever - nothing from the psilocybin. It's either a full-blown DMT trip or you get nothing. Oral DMT has a strong tolerance effect and mushrooms and moclobemide have a very strong tolerance effect - literally takes a month or two (preferably 3 months) before you can trip on it again and get the same effects.

I've not yet broken through, but I've always found it to be like swimming through a beautiful palace. All color and pattern and I see a ceiling, and it feels like I'm on my back swimming backward through this beautiful 3D place.

Maybe that's because I lay down on my back it feels like a "backstroke". But yea, swimming in a colorful, crystal palace.

Had a good few lungfuls of DMT after partaking of (quite frankly obscene) quantities of 2C-B and 2C-D all night and a fair bit of yesterday for brekky today and I probably couldn't have described it better. Achingly pretty, euphoric to almost painful degrees and all round uberlushness on all sides. Yum <3

Still never quite broken through after a fair bit of practice now but the journey ain't half bad. Suspect the destination is pretty sweet too. But doubt I'll be meeting that destination in this life. But will have fun trying no doubt.

DMT = Yum and pretty things and more yum and maybe just a glimpse of something truly awesome and then a lil more yum and a few more pretty things to send you home afterwards with a smile on your face and wanting more. Good stuff, I'd say. And yummy too. Did I mention it was yummy? And kinda pretty too...

DMT = Win from all sides and a few you never knew where there before. Imo, ime, lsd, xtc, dmt, oobe, etc, etc.

DMT <3

At low doses, DMT can cause slight feelings of anxiety or paranoia. At larger doses, once the visuals start becoming far more complex, the anxiety is very small. At breakthrough doses, visuals and reality meld into one beautiful existence, and there is no anxiety at all.

I don't care for small hits of DMT - so if you are thinking of trying it out, taking a small hit to "test the waters" will not give you a very good image of what DMT really is. To really experience it is best to start with a moderate dose, as the euphoria and magic is far more powerful than any anxiety you could be feeling.

It is nearly impossible to describe it in words that will do it any sort of justice. It is just pure magic.

No to sound like some weird guru or anything, but a breakthrough dose of DMT showed me god. In the right mindset and dose, DMT is by far the most magical drug (over all psychedelics or entactogens which I have tried) in my experience.

Don't let the possibility of a uncomfortable experience scare you away. Don't be afraid of fear! DMT is VERY kind to you, and I feel that you can really trust it.

Mostly DMT is just incredibly euphoric... but not because the DMT intoxication causes euphoria... it leaves "you" pretty much untouched... but what you SEE is so completely unbelievably fantastic that it has the power to inspire a profound wonder, and awe, and disbelief.

I disagree that it's the strongest hallucinogen, what about ibogaine, or salvia. ?

Also, 10 grams of mushrooms and a big bong of black hash will get you to the dmt world too.

i agree,i tried savinorin A pure and that was as close in power as i have had,to smoked nn dmt'nowhere near as 'nice'tho.orally with maoi's i suppose 10g psyciloby and a gram o black could come sorta close but i've tried 5g cubensis mixed with a'teaspoonish'amount of syrian rue seed steeped as a nice space tea and it honestly was nowhere near any of my oral tryptamine experiances.terrance m.said boomers n rue are practically ayahuasca,not to my experiances.i can honestly say nn dmt and5 meo are about the most profound FUN substances ive ever loved.first timers be warned,it can be brutal at the right dose,ive seen people freak out on 10ml.i dont know many virgin shroomers that would handle 10g either tho!im workin on some nn dmt extract today and the butterflies are a flappin! peace and happy liftoffs¡!

I highly doubt that you can compare mushrooms + cannabis to DMT.

Also, when you're comparing the "power" of psychedelic drugs, you have to first define how you measure "power". Is power the ability of the drug to cause lasting psychological damage? Is power the ability of the drug to cause you to lose connection with consensus reality? Or is power the ability of the drug to give you insight into reality? -- the polar opposite of the former. The list goes on. So what is it? I CHALLENGE anybody who uses the word "power" to give me their definition. I DARE you.

I've read many many people compare even the nature of DMT to psilocybin, even certain themes within the trips are similar such as the carnivalesque themes you can sometimes bring about.

has anyone ever ripped DMT out of a fat bong?
because you know how much higher you get smoking weed out a bong compared to a pipe so like a bong its probably heaven

power=strength,potency,the ability to affect/effect somthing through usage at determined dosages?im betting that this is pretty close to the use of the word 'power' was intended.how,d i do?