View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [DMT Subthread] Preparations & Expectations

Ian224

Bluelighter
This thread is meant for those wanting to try DMT that may be anxious or scared and don't know what to expect and how to prepare.
Basically it is very similar to the first time DMT thread but with a slightly different focus.

[original post:]

I know DMT is the strongest hallucinogen but what is it most like? I have done LSD, Shrooms, DXM, LSA, and a small dose of PCP. Which of those substances is it most like?

Last edited by a moderator:
it's like waking up in a completely different dimension.
a dimension so unbelievably weird, no one could ever imagine before trying dmt.

most of the people i've seen smoking dmt for their first time started repeating "oh my fucking god" on the transition to hyperspace, including myself.

it's just sooo much stronger than everything one has ever experienced before.

Is it enjoyable? And I'm assuming you'd probably do this while laying down so you dont fall over, am i correct?

it can be neutral, very enjoyable or utterly terrifying, besides it can also be something in between or all at once.

most of the time it's very enjoyable, but in a way one has to experience to know how it feels.

dmt is just indiscribable.

edit: i'd say high dose mushrooms are the closest match (while i'm speaking about a dose of at least 5g)

I disagree that it's the strongest hallucinogen, what about ibogaine, or salvia. ?

Also, 10 grams of mushrooms and a big bong of black hash will get you to the dmt world too.

And I'm assuming you'd probably do this while laying down so you dont fall over, am i correct?

yes, typically one smokes the pipe, puts it down and then closes ones eyes while laying back.

i don't know if i'd fall down if i'd smoke it while standing upright because the connection between consciousness and body is completely split apart during the peak.

I disagree that it's the strongest hallucinogen, what about ibogaine, or salvia. ?

Also, 10 grams of mushrooms and a big bong of black hash will get you to the dmt world too.

Never had a chance to try ibogaine or salvia but I just looked up ibogaine so it sounds good

i know and i've never said it's the strongest.
many tryptamines can trigger such out of body tryptamines, but dmt has a totally different feeling to it. sometimes you nearly feel sober while under the influence - with mushrooms it's a completely differtent cup of tea, no one could say he's feeling sober on "normal" tryptamines.

ad salvia: i would'nt say it's stronger, because in my experience the salvia space is much less believable as the dmt-breakthrough.
salvia is just total psychosis, instead of a functional world, with the addition of heavy feelings of fear in most cases.

never tried ibogaine, but i highly doubt it's anywhere near dmt.

yes, typically one smokes the pipe, puts it down and then closes ones eyes while laying back.

i don't know if i'd fall down if i'd smoke it while standing upright because the connection between consciousness and body is completely split apart during the peak.

So its closed eyed visuals and not open? And yeah I heard conciousness goes away

ideally your eyes are closed during the experience, if you are not breaking through it can be quite unpleasant if something is moving in front of your eyes.
for example: once i opened my eyes dirtectly after the breakthrough and a friend of mine moved his arm while saying something like "yeah dmt!". the result was an environment full of hands (a world made of these evil hands actually) trying to grab me....

if you break through it doesn't matter if your eyes are closed or not.

ideally your eyes are closed during the experience, if you are not breaking through it can be quite unpleasant if something is moving in front of your eyes.
for example: once i opened my eyes dirtectly after the breakthrough and a friend of mine moved his arm while saying something like "yeah dmt!". the result was an environment full of hands (a world made of these evil hands actually) trying to grab me....

if you break through it doesn't matter if your eyes are closed or not.

Wow. That sounds interesting. :D

I've not yet broken through, but I've always found it to be like swimming through a beautiful palace. All color and pattern and I see a ceiling, and it feels like I'm on my back swimming backward through this beautiful 3D place.

Maybe that's because I lay down on my back it feels like a "backstroke". But yea, swimming in a colorful, crystal palace.

There are both closed and open eye visuals, though personally I have nearly always kept my eyes open during DMT trips. If your eyes are open, the setting does dramatically affect the character of your trip even if you feel like you're completely out of your body and in some alternate dimension, and I would recommend doing it in the most aesthetically pleasing conditions possible. Say, outdoors on a beautiful day, or at least looking out a window. For example one time I intentionally propped myself up on my bed before smoking so when I tripped I would be looking out of the window, and when I left my body the walls pulled away from the window and I flew out over a vast beautiful field with hippies dancing around, but they were dicks to me because I'm kind of uptight in real life. :( The trip's way of telling me to loosen up, I guess.

Also, something people seem to rarely talk about that really freaked me out my first time were the physical hallucinations, namely how fucking weird your body feels. I don't know if they happen for everyone but generally when I come back into my body it feels profoundly alien, like I don't even recognize my facial features by touch or anything. Once I really scared myself because it felt like there was something wrong with my dick, and when I put a hand down there to check it out it felt like it snapped right in half - it wasn't painful, but I almost shit myself anyway. Another time while exploring my mouth with my tongue I found a dragon in there, so they can be pretty cool too. The main thing is to tell yourself that nothing is permanently wrong with your body or your memory (which goes away too). It'll all come back to you just fine.

Of course, YMMV.

There are both closed and open eye visuals, though personally I have nearly always kept my eyes open during DMT trips. If your eyes are open, the setting does dramatically affect the character of your trip even if you feel like you're completely out of your body and in some alternate dimension, and I would recommend doing it in the most aesthetically pleasing conditions possible. Say, outdoors on a beautiful day, or at least looking out a window. For example one time I intentionally propped myself up on my bed before smoking so when I tripped I would be looking out of the window, and when I left my body the walls pulled away from the window and I flew out over a vast beautiful field with hippies dancing around, but they were dicks to me because I'm kind of uptight in real life. :( The trip's way of telling me to loosen up, I guess.

Also, something people seem to rarely talk about that really freaked me out my first time were the physical hallucinations, namely how fucking weird your body feels. I don't know if they happen for everyone but generally when I come back into my body it feels profoundly alien, like I don't even recognize my facial features by touch or anything. Once I really scared myself because it felt like there was something wrong with my dick, and when I put a hand down there to check it out it felt like it snapped right in half - it wasn't painful, but I almost shit myself anyway. Another time while exploring my mouth with my tongue I found a dragon in there, so they can be pretty cool too. The main thing is to tell yourself that nothing is permanently wrong with your body or your memory (which goes away too). It'll all come back to you just fine.

Of course, YMMV.

Wow, thats fucking intense. I gotta try it sometime. :D

As far as open eyed or closed eyed visuals.. if you do enough DMT you won't know you even know you have eyes..

As far as open eyed or closed eyed visuals.. if you do enough DMT you won't know you even know you have eyes..

So I would be tricking my body and mind that I am some spectral being of some sort?

Just smoke it already. DMT Is the most user friendly psychedelic I have ever came accross.

It doesnt fuck your head up at alll, at least not for me.

I can smoke breakthrough doses of DMT durring emotionally traumatic times in my life and I have yet to have a bad experience.

I have had difficult ones, but the thing so great about DMT is that unlike other drugs, if you are really not enjoying the experience, your still yourself enough to know, "Its only gonna be another 10 minutes tops...."

I feel like DMT should be EVERYONE'S FIRST psychedelic.

especially changa, I dont see how its possible to have a bad experience with changa... sooooo friendly, its like take one puff, wait 20 seconds, start to feel good, then take another puff, get some minor visuals, then take the third puff and ease yourself into a very intensely beautiful experience.

Just smoke it already. DMT Is the most user friendly psychedelic I have ever came accross.

It doesnt fuck your head up at alll, at least not for me.

I can smoke breakthrough doses of DMT durring emotionally traumatic times in my life and I have yet to have a bad experience.

I have had difficult ones, but the thing so great about DMT is that unlike other drugs, if you are really not enjoying the experience, your still yourself enough to know, "Its only gonna be another 10 minutes tops...."

I feel like DMT should be EVERYONE'S FIRST psychedelic.

especially changa, I dont see how its possible to have a bad experience with changa... sooooo friendly, its like take one puff, wait 20 seconds, start to feel good, then take another puff, get some minor visuals, then take the third puff and ease yourself into a very intensely beautiful experience.
I would hit it already but I dont have my hands on any right now. I need to get some first, I was just doing some research before I decide to do it.

I've always preferred taking DMT orally. It's very psychedelic, similar in some ways to mushrooms but a lot more psychedelic. There's crystals overlaying your vision and it has an intense affinity for music - while all psychedelics have that I think DMT is probably the peak. There's also a beautiful bodyhigh if you can get past the nausea.

The problem with oral DMT is the nausea - you usually throw your guts up even with freebase DMT and moclobemide. My solution is to take moclobemide with mushrooms which gives an experience exactly like DMT but with no nausea and a peak that lasts 3-4 hours longer.

I've always preferred taking DMT orally. It's very psychedelic, similar in some ways to mushrooms but a lot more psychedelic. There's crystals overlaying your vision and it has an intense affinity for music - while all psychedelics have that I think DMT is probably the peak. There's also a beautiful bodyhigh if you can get past the nausea.

The problem with oral DMT is the nausea - you usually throw your guts up even with freebase DMT and moclobemide. My solution is to take moclobemide with mushrooms which gives an experience exactly like DMT but with no nausea and a peak that lasts 3-4 hours longer.

Is oral injestion better than smoking it? I know you have to take an MAOI to have it active.