• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [DMT Subthread] N,N-DMT vs. 5-MeO-DMT

More water analogies;
From what i've read and understood DMT is like being the waterfall that feeds the lake; somewhat chaotic but smooth, too.
From my experience 5-MeO-DMT is the experience of being one small drop of that waterfall that plummets into the depths below and then becomes one with the lake.

^Either way, it seems that water and the NNDMT and 5-MEO-DMT chemcicals are friendly. My first DMT smoke was besides a lake at midnight....cuckoocukcoo...

Oral nn-DMT is pretty spectacular. The 5meo has never appealed to me that much.

I am so scared to smoke 5-MEO-DMT 8o

My salvia experiences have been so intense. Never have I felt such fear and total loss of control. Not to mention the feelings of being "forced in" and then the feeling of "oh god I feel like a dunce" as the aliens ask me "what the hell are you doing here son...".

I can only imagine what 5-MEO is like......:\

Comparing Salvia and DMT of whatever thing, be it 5-MeO or nn-DMT, is not a fair comparison.

5-MeO-DMT, DMT are like what salvia would feel like if it didnt completely suck. if that makes sense.

Well, I personally don't find 5-MeO-DMT to actually feel like 'possession' or anything as implied by killo- salvia is way m ore terryfying and intense then either of the two IMO, and totally different.

^Well, I wasn't trying to be offensive, I think its a valid point. I do think it is challenged by the users overall experience, but I don't think you can judge something like a psychedelic with only a few experiences. That said, I'm sure I've done it; AMT for example. I don't like it, yet I've had it twice.

The best thing is laying in a meadow(preferably near water) in the early AMs under a sky beaming with stars with a few close friends and a good few lung fulls of nn dm.

^Hmmm; Nice as anything really, still I would suggest that DPT would be equally as beautiful.

I've been smoking DMT a lot lately, and I did 5-MeO-DMT maybe ten times in 2002 and 2003. It seems to me that the 5-MeO is a lot more challenging - relatively small doses completely blow my mind. With DMT, I can smoke quite a lot and still feel pretty much normal, but with coloured dancing visuals. Usually "intricate" patterns that form faces and all that stuff, it's not scary and it lets me remain "normal" further in to the experience.

Btw, as for the naming of the chemicals, you could just call DMT DMT. And call 5-MeO-DMT 5-MeO-DMT. The "n,n-" prefix is redundant and even 5-MeO can be called 5-MeO-n,n-DMT - it just means that the methyl groups (of dimethyl-) are in the amine part. Thus, it actually doesn't make the distinction between the chemicals any better than just using or not using the 5-MeO prefix.

5meo DMT is OK like & quite beautiful outdoors actually
it's a bit like saying "going on a trip on the other side of the universe is more beautiful if you leave from your garden than from your kitchen" :)

and now i propose for more dmt/5-meo metaphors and analogies. i can't get enough of them :)

one that i have is that on 5-meo, i don't feel that i reach the state of absolute bliss, but that i become this state
i am not a consciousness in a state of bliss, i am the very essence of bliss. and nothing else

I dunno what you guys think, but were it not for the names of the drugs I don't think I would see much connection between them. Sure, there are similarities, but DMT and 5-MeO-DMT are really quite different. I have a 'feeling' 5-Meo-DMT is found ind smaller quanitites in a given DMT-containing plant for a reason- perhaps that it is a very worthy partner of plain DMT.

Could someone post up a list of plants/materials that contain more n.n.DMT and things that contain more 5-meoDMT?

their is a list floating around on a certain well known to the average joe sight you are fully aware of.

Last edited:
You can talk about plants containing drugs here. And you can also metnion erowid if thats what old frosty is referring too.