• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [DMT Subthread] N,N-DMT vs. 5-MeO-DMT

No dose of any other psychedelic can produce the state of mind DMT in high doses brings about and the experience it self is pure terror and although your so far gone that it would be nearly impossible to express this fear it is still there and part of the experience.

rolie: im sorry but DMT is most definately cool ;p

not for everyone.. but if the universe conspires to land some in yrou lap... boulie for you.

5-meo- is fer sure a different experience.. and tends to make me a bit queasy.. but then i liek the hardline crystaline reality nn gives me.. wheres as the body load and euphoria of 5-meo feels a little too loved up..

if anyone wants to know the full facts chek out

DMT The spirit molecule- By Dr Rick Strassman

http://www.rickstrassman.com/dmt/

Dexter666 said:
No dose of any other psychedelic can produce the state of mind DMT in high doses brings about

I don't even consider DMT and 5-MeO-DMT psychedelic drugs to begin with. They are well beyond that. They are truly gateways to other dimensions.

Thats why i said no other psychedelic drug can ever produce the experience DMT gives although i consider 5MeO-DMT a very nasty mild substance although i've read reports of it being mind blowing, it did nothing for me.

I don't know how anyone can call 5-MeO-DMT mild. Either you got bad material or some strange tolerance. But that is not the norm.

I've posted on this before and i can tell you the only effects i got from 99.95% pure 5MeO-DMT were a mild trippy feeling, a panic feeling that is similar to DMT's, a large headache and a great deal of naseua with vomiting even from doses as high as 50mg the effects were just a little more intense also i went through almost 800mg of the shit before giving up because i figured if 50mg was'nt gonna do it for me than i might as well just give up on 5MeO-DMT.

5 meo mind blowing? hell no

I guess I am one of those strange cases where 5 meo doesnt do much. I've tried it dozens of times over the span of about 6 months (smoked). The best experience I had was my first time, but then it was only a 5 minute mushroom high. The rest of the times I felt sick and nauseous.

N, N dmt however is by far the craziest chemical i've been blessed to come across. Ingest it , smoke it , do whatever. If you get enough in you you will flip. But most of you cats already know that. Someone tell me if they've tried pharmahuasca with added 5 meo orally as well. I imagine that would be cool.

Re: 5 meo mind blowing? hell no

king_kremit said:
Someone tell me if they've tried pharmahuasca with added 5 meo orally as well. I imagine that would be cool.

It can be very toxic. Erowid has a number of reports on 5-MeO-DMT (orally) and harmala alkaloids and it was considered a toxic mix. I believe in the "Big and Dandy 5-MeO-DMT" thread, I discussed this in more detail and had some links. I'm not going to retype what I did before, so use the search engine to find it. But at this time, it is not considered "safe" to use 5-Meo-DMT in conjunction with harmala alkaloids.

N,N-DMT vs. 5-MeO-DMT

So i need some opinions & perceptions (if you dont mind) of the difference between the two highs and of course some personal opinions and/or beliefs on the topic.

meo is more of a body high yes i know but does it still come with open eyed visuals or what?

DMT: is a profound & amazingly awsome tool and should be treated with respect just like any other tool.

also, which do yall prefer, thanks

~Frosty

5-MeO-DMT isn't 'more of a body-high.' On a full dose of 5-MeO-DMT, there is no 'body' to feel anything. It causes complete ego annihilation, so I don't understand what you mean.

There really are no 'visuals' either during the peak, because there is no ego to be aware of the room/surroundings...much less to see visuals. Coming down, visuals are like a gram of mushrooms.

DMT was amusing... but largely worthless to me. 5-MeO-DMT is THE ultimate mystical experience.

DMT was amusing...

You clearly need to smoke it more brother. Fuck the elves and all that :) A full 5-Meo-DMT breakthrough (10mg~ for myself), of which I've endured quite a few times begins with a massively nnDMT-like body-rush, with less visual components. I get a lot of parathesia at this point which I don't like very much, and the futile grasping for self is useless, but I find I instantly panic with 5-MeO-DMT, at least until "I" no longer really mean much. To speak of visuals here is useless because nothing remotely visual seems to be relayed to your visual cortex, except what appears to me as a strange pale fabric- however, it is unbelievably psychedelic, in the completely observable disintegration, death and resolution of the self. I haven't used it enough and recently to really judge it, and now only mix it with nnDMT, as I am concerned about 5-Meo-DMT's MAOI properties.

DMT is bliss to me; pure visionary magic, highly amusing, entertaining, meaningful, life-affirming, frightening, humbling and elevating. It is the psychedelic that means the most to me. I sought it out from the moment I heard of it for some reason...I find its worth is greater then 5-MEO-DMT, for me, because it is easier to manage, and thus extrapolate some very interesting concepts from. DMT seems to be more of a tool for personal knowledge of the universe then self-reflection of change, but it can equally be used for that. As said, a mix of the two drugs- usually a small amount of 5-Meo-DMT ontop of naturally plant-extracted nnDMT is the way I take the 5methoxy counterpart. Though I prefer DMT on its own.

Xorkoth said:
How many times have you tried DMT, MGS?

I've tried DMT three times, and 5-MeO-DMT three times.

I always find it amusing that DMT fans simply cannot except that I do not find DMT to be the holy grail. They either say I have not smoked enough, or I haven't done it enough times. It only takes me one or two tries of most psychedelics to know what they do for me. By the third time, I know what it does. And I smoked plenty. I just find 5-MeO-DMT better. :p 8o =D

Maybe oral DMT will be different, but that's for another day.

That's cool... I have still not tried 5-MeO-DMT. I'm fine with your preferences, but I just think you may have not given it enough of a chance yet. I myself don't know that for sure yet. I have tried DMT about a dozen times now, and it gets better each time. I am having a lot of trouble breaking through because I cannot stop "grasping for self" (to quote Willow) at the point where I am about to cease to be myself. I was like "that's it?" for my first probably half dozen times... but I believe I will get there soon and have glimpsed what was on the other side of that veil.

When I'm "grasping for self", it's like I begin to become Everything, and then some errant line of thought begins instinctually and I watch/feel it move along a matrix of triangles and it pulls me back as it reaches a point that convinces me I am still "me". It's almost always that if I'm either breathing, or that I haven't breathed in too long and my lungs are burning. The closest I got was by breathing in very, very slowly, and when I couldn't anyway, I kept up the motion of breathing, but by then the act of doing that caused my thoughts to come back. The time I did that, I reached oneness for a moment right at the surface of the veil, had some really serious mental glossolalia, and started to feel a rush of things enter my mind, but then the thoughts of keeping my lungs open kicked me out of it. :( That was the last time I tried as of yet.

meo is more of a body high
a body high, no
but in many cases, it could called a soul high

here is my trip report
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=249869

as for DMT, it depends on how you ingest it and who ingests it
i've heard reports of smoked dmt rather similar to my 5-MeO-DMT ones, whereas for me, although amazing, my smoked dmt experiences (breakthroughs) are almost ridiculous compared to the 5-MeO-DMT ones

however, eaten dmt is another world altogether for me
some of my experiences with it are absolutely unvaluable
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=265739

nnDMT everytime.<3 :D

5meo DMT is OK like:p ;) :D & quite beautiful outdoors actually:) but for connection with ******* nnDMT<3 is the one, IME =D

Last edited:
Comparing the 2 I would describe n,nDMT as more visual and dream like and 5-meo-dmt more intense and dramatic.

I love them both I do some n,nDMT when I want a mystical self reflection session and I do 5-meo-dmt when I want to go to the edge of existence and see life beyond life.

Maybe an comparison like n,nDMT would be like having a cup of tea in the ever-changing garden and 5-meo-dmt would be like going to the lake and jumping off a 60 foot cliff into the water.

^ Sounds incomparable to me then, which they are ! I just know which I prefer, I would still smoke 5meo if I came across it again like.

morninggloryseed said:
I've tried DMT three times, and 5-MeO-DMT three times.

I always find it amusing that DMT fans simply cannot except that I do not find DMT to be the holy grail. They either say I have not smoked enough, or I haven't done it enough times. It only takes me one or two tries of most psychedelics to know what they do for me. By the third time, I know what it does. And I smoked plenty. I just find 5-MeO-DMT better. :p 8o =D

Maybe oral DMT will be different, but that's for another day.

I don't expect you to think its the holy grail- but if you'fve smoked DMT and 5-Meo-DMT only three times a piece, how can you judge it really? How can you know the full extent of the effects when you haven't actually done it very much? Not having a go at you MGS, just that I find it "amusing" that you think "It only takes me one or two tries of most psychedelics to know what they do for me. By the third time, I know what it does."- it seems very unfeasible. If you know what they 'do to you' can you explain it to me? :) I;ve smoked DMT several hundred times at varying ratios and I still don't understand what it does.

I've had mescaline 4-5 times (4 i think)- I wouldn't even begin to pretend I know what it does. I have a hint but its still a mystery....that I inetend to explore.

Maybe an comparison like n,nDMT would be like having a cup of tea in the ever-changing garden and 5-meo-dmt would be like going to the lake and jumping off a 60 foot cliff into the water.

DMT is like having that cup of tea; 5-Meo-DMT is BEING that cup of tea, and being drunk in one thirsty gulp, and later vomited out....