• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines DMT Dosing (totally new to DMT)

I see. Thanks! Yeah, my wife will almost certainly want to get a reagent test kit. She loves shit like that, she's a geek and extremely thorough too. Always on the hunt for some new scientific geekishness to be doing.
sounds like you got a good trippin partner! i'm off to bed now but good luck and godspeed soldier...

Thanks, sounds like it's probably really good advice. Is there some way I can tell, other than trusting the vendor? Appearance, odor, etc?

Googling it now...
Get a Hoffman reagent or send it to a lab. If you are in Canada or the EU, I can send you information for a lab that offers free testing. You only have to pay them postage or go there in-person.

Last edited:
Genuine question here: What’s the point/benefits of consuming microdose or non-breakthrough doses of NN-DMT?

One last thing I typically like to tell people before their first DMT trip is about “breakthrough”, McKenna says take 3 large hits and hold each one it, that does work but I notice there will be a point where your brain tells you to not take another hit, at that point take one more huge rip and that should help get you to “breakthrough” territory, have fun

DMT it’s not as much about realizations of the logical sense, ones you can write down. It’s this complete subconscious understanding of the world. You can’t bring it back but you know the answers are there, you know everything is still within the realm of possibility. Because for those brief moments all the answers of the world are at your fingertips, it’s all so simple and easy.

Hamilton’s Bufo/5-MeO-DMT experience while not DMT, I think that shows a good example of what it gives to someone. Everything is so easy because the only thing that matters is love and gratitude. When I view problems in the light of DMT they are laughable, they are inconsequential, because again when one holds love in their heart they can’t do much wrong. It’s the vague frustrating answer to all our problems, the umbrella term for kindness, giving to others, gratitude for what we have, understanding for what we don’t have, and so much more.

DMT can vary in potency, but by 3x I too would be worried you have 5-MeO instead of regular DMT.

-GC

Last edited:
DMT it’s not as much about realizations of the logical sense, ones you can write down. It’s this complete subconscious understanding of the world, every answer is at your fingertips. You can’t bring it back but you know the answers are there, you know everything is still within the realm of possibility. Because for those brief moments all the answers of the world are at your fingertips, it’s all so simple and easy.

Hamilton’s Bufo/5-MeO-DMT experience while not DMT, I think that shows a good example of what it gives to someone. Everything is so easy because the only thing that matters is love and gratitude. When I view problems in the light of DMT they are laughable, they are inconsequential, because again when one holds love in their heart they can’t do much wrong. It’s the vague frustrating answer to all our problems, the umbrella term for kindness, giving to others, gratitude for what we have, understanding for what we don’t have, and so much more.

DMT can vary in potency, but by 3x I too would be worried you have 5-MeO instead of regular DMT.

-GC
Well put, I always kinda looked at it as it shows you the universe or universes/ everything is essentially one giant living being that we are just a small part of but connected too, however I don’t think it’s so much that all the answers are at your fingertips so much as it shows how not important the question and answer actually are in the big picture, the only thing that really matters is the relationships we create in this life,love, friendship, family…it’s hard to put into words

Last edited:
I prefer to weigh one dose on the scales and pack it into a bong and rip the whole thing and hold it in like regular weed smoking. I find it no different to ripping a large bong into me on a normal day. I find the problem people have with breakthrough is that they treat it like its a joint or a meth pipe and never actually get a dose in one hit. Your kinda meant to hit it like a regular bong in my opinion, you cant fail that way hahah
My best breakthroughs have been from a huge weed bong with a bunch of DMT packed on top a bowl like kief and just taking the whole thing to the face, I would make it so I wouldn’t really about waste and put like 250mg on the bowl…, when using a oil rig with a banger it’s harder to get that breakthrough experience..but I think slot of people trip hard and think they had a breakthrough, but dmt trippin and a breakthrough are totally different things

250mg of DMT?! fuck hahahah that would be a ruthless experience
Well it’s hard to say how much gets burn or sucked through the bowl, but yea a massive dose, i don’t think a breakthrough is even possible just putting 60mg down, I would assume is really happens around the 100-150mg area, but who knows as I sure you know things get a little funky when smoking DmT

I think it depends how good your technique is with your flame and bowl, if you're using 100mg you are wasting most of it by burning it.

I've managed to breakthrough with 30mg in a vapouriser. Probably cost efficient to buy one if you're burning lots of your DMT!

I think it depends how good your technique is with your flame and bowl, if you're using 100mg you are wasting most of it by burning it.

I've managed to breakthrough with 30mg in a vapouriser. Probably cost efficient to buy one if you're burning lots of your DMT!
Which vaporizer are you using? I have an Apx Volt but I've been having trouble inhaling properly or getting any significant effects beyond a mood boost, body high, and light visuals due to residual coughing and mild lung issues from Covid.

This might manifest into an interesting subject. I would also would like it in my alerts with this comment reference post. Hope to be able to have a good referencing read thread. ♡
Fascinating Topic !!!

This might manifest into an interesting subject. I would also would like it in my alerts with this comment reference post. Hope to be able to have a good referencing read thread. ♡
Fascinating Topic !!!
I agree, there's a lot of great discussions here. I'm finding them very useful as someone who is experienced with taking psychs orally/sublingually but very new to DMT. In the future, you can always use 'Watch' on a thread (button on the top-right just above the first post of the thread) if you would prefer not to leave a reply.

I agree, there's a lot of great discussions here. I'm finding them very useful as someone who is experienced with taking psychs orally/sublingually but very new to DMT. In the future, you can always use 'Watch' on a thread (button on the top-right just above the first post of the thread) if you would prefer not to leave a reply.
Watch. The eye ball. I think I saw that and I will try. 👁 Thnxx. Really ! 😉

My best breakthroughs have been from a huge weed bong with a bunch of DMT packed on top a bowl like kief and just taking the whole thing to the face, I would make it so I wouldn’t really about waste and put like 250mg on the bowl…, when using a oil rig with a banger it’s harder to get that breakthrough experience..but I think slot of people trip hard and think they had a breakthrough, but dmt trippin and a breakthrough are totally different things
Top. Right. It already says it's being watched. Oh well.

I hope !!!

Which vaporizer are you using? I have an Apx Volt but I've been having trouble inhaling properly or getting any significant effects beyond a mood boost, body high, and light visuals due to residual coughing and mild lung issues from Covid.
I'm also using the Pulsar APX Volt. I agree there's a bit of a knack to it but once you've got it figured out it's great.

I think a lot of it can be in getting the right heat, others seem to suggest 2.8v for anything under 20mg and 3.2v for anything over.

There is more suggestions on reddit at

Last edited:
I'm also using the Pulsar APX Volt. I agree there's a bit of a knack to it but once you've got it figured out it's great.
What should I look for to make sure I'm not premelting for too long and burning some of the product or not doing it for long enough and not inhaling much?
Also, which voltage are you using?

What should I look for to make sure I'm not premelting for too long and burning some of the product or not doing it for long enough and not inhaling much?
Also, which voltage are you using?
Some suggest pre-melting until you see vapour coming off the DMT, then hitting it. I don't think you can go far wrong doing this, otherwise you might start inhaling but not get much, and have to start inhaling again. It's better to get it all in one if you want to breakthrough.

I use 3.2v because I normally have about 30mg in there.

I use either a GVG or a one hitter. I can blast off on ~30, sometimes less. While the GVG is more efficient, I often go with the one hitter.

Make sure it’s sandwiched between cannabis, then try to hold the lighter just far away as to not touch the flame to the material but close enough to ignite the cannabis. (Use dry fluffy weed, ground is best.)

I usually need 2-3 hits, but sometimes I get it in 1.

To me properly vaporized should be 25-30, most people’s technique though requires 50-60mg. If it’s impure you could be looking at even more.

-GC

DMT it’s not as much about realizations of the logical sense, ones you can write down. It’s this complete subconscious understanding of the world, every answer is at your fingertips. You can’t bring it back but you know the answers are there, you know everything is still within the realm of possibility. Because for those brief moments all the answers of the world are at your fingertips, it’s all so simple and easy.

-GC
Holy shit!! I've always felt the exact same way! Goals.