• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines DMT Dosing (totally new to DMT)

Pandamonia

Greenlighter
I'm going to experiment soon with microdosing on DMT, and that's one I've never tried. Totally naive to it. Done acid a couple dozen times, shrooms more times than I can count, peyote a few times.... so I'm not new to psychedelics in general, just never used this one.

Before I start with it, I wanted to get a sense of how to dose with it. We got a gram from a guy who warned us it's the strongest DMT he's ever used, as much as 3 times what he's used to. Whether that's bullshit or not, who knows, but it doesn't really matter much. All I care about is whatever the potency, I don't take more than I can handle the first time I try it, because it's been many years since I full-out tripped. Being experienced and being acclimated to it are two different things.

What would be a reasonable dose to start at with DMT, assuming it really is unsually strong? The first time or two that I take it is just going to be about evaluating the potency, not so much getting a good high. Although to be honest, as long as we have a full gram of the stuff, I definitely plan on taking it out on the higjway and cracking open the throttle once or twice fairly soon, and see just what it can do, but right now I just want to get a feel for how it runs.

Thanks in advance, I apprecaite any advice.

First off, make sure it is DMT and not 5-MeO-DMT - which is significantly less safe than DMT due to respiratory depression risks and requires far more careful + lower dosing.

Thanks, sounds like it's probably really good advice. Is there some way I can tell, other than trusting the vendor? Appearance, odor, etc?

Googling it now...

DMT shouldn't really vary in strength tbh, could just be dealer's marketing

DMT should either be pure white crystals or orange/yellow sometimes even red, with the color salt version, deep orange color is the most pure

it has a very distinct smell to it... the closest resemblance might be moth balls or a dusty old attic... distinct - one of those smells you never forget once you smell it

assuming you have real DMT you're going to need some sort of MAOI? otherwise you have to snort/smoke/IV it

it's not active orally by nature, snorting is a horrible option if at all possible, I'm not sure how one would go about microdosing vaped DMT but I guess it's doable

personally it seems like it might be the most difficult psychedelic to microdose simply due to how easy the body metabolizes it

I guess some combination of MAOI + oral DMT? but the MAOI will dirty the microdose and produce it's own effects?

vaped microdoses would only work for a few minutes before they are completely gone from your brain

Last edited:
What would be a reasonable dose to start at with DMT, assuming it really is unsually strong?
after some tests runs like you mentioned, i think 10-15 mg of well smoked dmt would be good. then try 20-30 mg or so if you're up for it.

Thanks, sounds like it's probably really good advice. Is there some way I can tell,
i'm unsure if the common reagents can identify 5 meo dmt vs dmt. i'll let the more experienced chime in here. that said, if you can afford GCMS testing through a service like drugsdata.org (US) or energy control (international, based in the EU) that's the gold standard

other than trusting the vendor?
lol never do that

Appearance, odor, etc?
DMT is typically small yellow crystals/powder. 5 meo dmt is typically a white goo/tar if it's from a natural source like the infamous toad. unfortunately, i'm not sure what synthetic 5 meo dmt looks like

after some tests runs like you mentioned, i think 10-15 mg of well smoked dmt would be good. then try 20-30 mg or so if you're up for it.

DMT is typically small yellow crystals/powder. 5 meo dmt is typically a white goo/tar if it's from a natural source like the infamous toad. unfortunately, i'm not sure what synthetic 5 meo dmt looks like
This is some weird stuff. It looks like crystals, and it looks like powder at the same time, and it akso looks like dust of some sort - it's really, really tiny and fluffy, but reflects light like flakes or crystals. The color... damn, it's hard to describe. If you painted the walls of an apartment white, and then a heavy cigarette smoker lived there for 10 years, this is what color the walls woukd be. Not white anymore,. not really yellow, not really beige.... you could almost say it looks orange, or like it really wants to be orange if it only knew how.

Definitely not gooey or tarry, not at all.

Last edited:
it has a very distinct smell to it... the closest resemblance might be moth balls or a dusty old attic... distinct - one of those smells you never forget once you smell it

Yeah, this is a werid as hell smell. I never smelled anything like it, so yeah, it's hard to describe.

assuming you have real DMT you're going to need some sort of MAOI? otherwise you have to snort/smoke/IV it

it's not active orally by nature, snorting is a horrible option if at all possible, I'm not sure how one would go about microdosing vaped DMT but I guess it's doable

Can you smoke it on foil like brown heroin? God knows I sure know how to do that.

personally it seems like it might be the most difficult psychedelic to microdose simply due to how easy the body metabolizes it

I guess some combination of MAOI + oral DMT? but the MAOI will dirty the microdose and produce it's own effects?

vaped microdoses would only work for a few minutes before they are completely gone from your brain

I can see that as I look at it and consider how potent it is and how hard it is to get it into your system in a us=able form. But there are a number of studies on microdosing it, so it must be possible But then again I don't have the equipmentb to measure the tiny quantities they can deal with in research labs.

Not quite sure how to get access to MAOIs. Must be a way, but if I can dose by smoking on foil, maybe it's not as important... (?)

Thnaks a lot for all the info, I really appreciate it.

I imagine a breakthrough dose is what those monks spend their life trying to achieve, DMT is like a cheat code for nirvana ….
I love that.... "cheat code for nirvana"....

damn, I'm getting more and more excited all the time about trying this. I never knew a lot about DMT, just figured it was just another hallucinogen. I enoy acid, used to love mushrooms, never had much interest in trying a new one. But this.... it really sounds fascinating. I'm a buddhist, with a strong interest in spirituality, mysticism, and what other people would think of as paranormal. The more I read about DMT, the more it sounds like that's the door behind which a lot of things I'm curious about are beingb kept.

I wish it weren't the middle of the night, damn it. I want to try it right now, but I have to get some sleep tonight.

This is some weird stuff. It looks like crystals, and it looks like powder at the same time, and it akso looks like dust of some sort - it's really, really tiny and fluffy, but reflects light like flakes or crystals. The color... damn, it's hard to describe. If you painted the walls of an apartment white, and then a heavy cigarette smoker liced there for 10 years, this is what color the wmalls woukd be. Not white anymore,. not really yellow, not really beige.... you could almost say it looks orange, or like it really wants to be orange if it only knew how.

Definitely not gooey or tarry, not at all.
yeah i've seen some dmt that's sorta dusty looking. that's some lovely vivid imagery for the color lol. but unfortunately, not really useful for identifying the substance

definitely try to use a reagent kit if you can. that should at least help identify dmt or 5 meo dmt (but not necessarily distinguish between the two). but it should help rule out positives for some nasty RCs

yeah i've seen some dmt that's sorta dusty looking. that's some lovely vivid imagery for the color lol. but unfortunately, not really useful for identifying the substance

definitely try to use a reagent kit if you can. that should at least help identify dmt or 5 meo dmt (but not necessarily distinguish between the two). but it should help rule out positives for some nasty RCs
Thanks... I appreciate this. But what's an RC?

Thanks... I appreciate this. But what's an RC?
research chemical. basically just uncommon drugs that are sometimes sold as substitutes for the real thing because of legality or production cost issues.

that said, some RCs have interest in their own right and don't have to be immediately discarded. they might be worth trying if you can safely dose them. the problem is when they are sold to unknowing customers.

research chemical. basically just uncommon drugs that are sometimes sold as substitutes for the real thing because of legality or production cost issues.

that said, some RCs have interest in their own right and don't have to be immediately discarded. they might be worth trying if you can safely dose them. the problem is when they are sold to unknowing customers.
I see. Thanks! Yeah, my wife will almost certainly want to get a reagent test kit. She loves shit like that, she's a geek and extremely thorough too. Always on the hunt for some new scientific geekishness to be doing.