• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Digestion/Stomach Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
absent minded said:
thats a gross question man why dont u go ask that on a poop forum..

that's pretty closed-minded.

to the OP - do you have IBS? do you know anything about IBS? if so, if not, check out www.helpforibs.org or www.helpforibs.com one of those. good site, will tell you EXACTLY what to eat and what not to eat for IBS "D" or IBS "C" or alternating IBS.

absent minded said:
thats a gross question man why dont u go ask that on a poop forum..
please link me to one of these 'poop forums', i am intrigued

yep 'twas the #1 google listed. funny stuff some of it. but seems to me all them poopforum users are full of shit ;)

If you're having loose stools all the time there might be another reason such as coeliac disease especially if you've also noticed other symptoms like fatigue. Psyillium will work if its just dietary though. Maybe you should get it checked out?

Recently i have been having some issues with digestion.

Many foods, many of which caused no problems before, are causing tightness in my stomach, general uneasiness, sometimes diarrhea.

I today purchased Canadian bitters, some sort of extract of a bunch of plants that helps boost in enzyme production. Didn't seem to be super effective, but i will try it a couple mroe times before i eat.

Any other suggestions or causes people can think of?

Flax.

Flax meal can be added to all sorts of food, it has a light earthy taste. 2 tbsp is a serving.
you can add it to things like yogurt, or water/juice even. There are lots of whole grain cereals and bread made with flax.

My wife and I like Udo's herbal enzyme blend. That should be available in BC.

Be warned, Flaxseed oil is the most foul tasting shit ever to exist on this planet.

I wouldn't wish that stuff on my worst enemy. I took a teaspoon once for it's omega content, spewed up violently from the taste and it stayed in my mouth for a solid 24 hours.

^ That sounds unusual to me, I personally like the way it tastes, I mentioned cereal and bread, but there are also flax waffles, tortillas etc.

Some of the rolling papers I use are made from it too.

There are also Linseed Oil vitamin supplements, Linseed Oil is made from Flax.

Woah, you are officially insane.

I would honestly have a hard time deciding whether to eat flaxseed oil or feces, it's that bad.

hahah

the oil is in a gel cap pill, so you never taste it. I looooove linseed oil, mostly for wood refinishing though.

don't drink a lot of water with your meal.
eat small portions more frequently.
maybe your body is changing and you need to adjust your diet, how old are you?

When we mix certain foods together they can cause stomach upset and more flatulence than usual i.e. starches + dairy, protein+ acid fruits, etc.

I suggest you look into food combining or trophology. I've been practicing this for a year now and it has really helped my digestion problems.

It is an established scientific fact in Western medicine that in order to initiate efficient digestion of any concentrated animal protein, the stomach must secrete pepsin. But it is also a well-known fact that pepsin can function only in a highly acidic medium, which must be maintained for several hours for complete digestion of proteins.

It is an equally well established fact of science that when we chew a piece of bread or potato or any other carbohydrate/starch, ptyalin and other alkaline juices are immediately secreted into the food by the saliva in the mouth. When swallowed, the alkalized starches require an alkaline medium in the stomach in order to complete digestion.

Anyone should be able to figure out what therefore happens when you ingest protein and starch together. Acid and alkaline juices are secreted simultaneously in response to the incoming protein and starch, promptly neutralizing one another and leaving a weak, watery solution in the stomach that digests neither protein or starch properly. Instead proteins putrefy and starches ferment owing to the constant presence of bacteria in the digestive tract.

This putrefaction and fermentation are the primary cause of all sorts of digestive stress, including gas, heartburn, cramps, bloating, constipation, foul stools, bleeding piles, colitis, and so forth.

Many so called 'allergies' are also the direct result of improper food combinations; the bloodstream picks up toxins from the putrefied, fermented mess as it passes slowly through the intestines, and these toxins in turn cause rashes, hives, headaches, nausea and other symptoms commonly branded as allergies. The same foods that cause allergic reactions when improperly combines often have no ill side-effects whatsoever when consumed according to the rules of trophology. The final fact of the matter is this: when you immobilize your stomach and impair digestive functions by consuming foods in indiscriminate combination, the bacteria in your alimentary canal have a field day. They get all the nutrients and thrive, while you get all the waste and suffer.
If you do a search you will come up with many resources on food combining.
foodcombining.jpg

You said this is a *new* problem, happening with foods which never before caused you problems. To me that says it's not the food, it's your GI system.

I think the most pertinent question is, what kind of food causes the symptoms?

Your GI system is dependent on enzyms to help you digest food, a good enzyme level, balancing foods/nutrients(especially your fiber & protein) is beneficial in many ways.

What Mehm said about not drinking while eating is something I have heard to be recommended to help with digestion, and I have also experienced it. One more thing from me, Wine really helps things along, they say only a glass...

My work carries flax and flaxseed oil, as well as Udo brand of it. I get 25 percent off all the supplements.

It very well could be my GI tract. This morning after having a mad case of the munchies from last night woke up with my stomach and renal system feeling very odd. Many noises and ive crapped twice now.

Im going to try some more bitters before i eat this morning, yes i realize its 4 in the afternoon!

And im 18, so it is quite fair to say my body is still changing.

Ill also try combining foods more effectively.

Thanks for the help so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.