• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides different after LSD?

Psychedelics are, like is being said, a catalyst to change... ego death is a tremendously powerful experience, but the change comes from within, from what you do with yourself afterwards. I know people who have experienced ego death and ended up completely freaked out and terrified that their worldview was crushed, and allow the experience to negatively impact their lives. I know people who have tripped plenty and hard and feel that it's just fun and hasn't done anything to them except give them some experiences. And I know people, myself included, who used their experiences as a springboard to better understanding this existence and living life more fully.

So like I said, the psychedelic is a catalyst, not a magic switch that changes you instantly. I think they can be a very valuable tool to show you the way to a better life, but if you focus on the drugs and keep using them beyond what is beneficial to you, they will become a dead-end street, as Fishface says. If psychedelics motivate a positive change in you, you need to work on cultivating that change every day in your sober life or it will not last.

To shrimps2004 - Tripping is all about what you make of it and how you view it. Some people do not wish to have their perception of reality altered, and whatever they experience makes them uncomfortable, and they allow darkness into their lives after a psychedelic experience. But if you look at what you experience as an experience to be learned from, then even if you have a traumatic experience, you can come out a better person. I have had several extremely difficult and, at the time, traumatic experiences with psychedelics (especially mushrooms), but they do not affect me negatively at all.

Question: did this friend say he was negatively changed, or just that he was changed? Because psychedelics are very likely to change you, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I'm a much happier and more balanced person as a resault of my psychedelic experiences.

Bottom line: don't try psychedelics if you're not prepared for your view of the universe and life to change forever... make sure you're prepared for reality to be blown apart and re-assembled. It can be a beautiful experience, but it's serious business. You might trip and just have fun and never move past that level. But they are powerful tools and should be treated that way.

im assuming he was changed for the positive but it initally frightened him in the beginging..im starting to realize phychs are not a joke and must not be underestimated, i hope i can change for the positivly cuz honestly i could use it

Something I've found funny about my psychedelic experiences is that I don't "change" during that trip, but after the trip. These last 2 months I've spent reflecting on my last acid trip and it was only till recently that it has made an impact on my life. I really feel as if the acid trip doesn't produce any change at all, its all about how you work it in to your life.

It's common to be frightened to some extent, but the change comes from within, so it's not like a light switch was flipped and *bam* you're changed. The change comes from analyzing the experience and integrating it into your life over time.

And you're right: psychs are not a joke. The best advice from me is to keep an open mind, and realize that during the come-up it will usually be frightening. Come-ups often make me feel like "why did I do this to myself", "Please come down", "I'll never do drugs again", and so on. This is because they're tearing down your ego, and your ego feels threatened and reacts as if it's in terrible danger. But if you can keep on top of the anxiety and not let it completely overtake you, you'll break through into a beautiful, glorious space. Just remember that the anxiety and the drug WILL end, no matter how much it feels like they won't, and that the trip will turn positive after you finish coming up.

Each trip is different, and some psychedelics cause more initial anxiety than others.

Changed after a trip -- Many things could have gone on to cause this change.

Off topic, but i don't get why so many bluelighters are so hung up on LSD as the staple of psychedelic experiences. Shrooms are a lot more spiritually intense at higher levels, im talking the 5-9 gram doses. As Terrence Mckenna once said in different words, LSD is like watching pong while Shrooms are like playing a video game in the 10th dimension.

^ All the major psychedelics have their place. LSD is widely consumed & many people have had very positive experiences from it, but that does not mean that those people think mushrooms are inferior, maybe they just find LSD more suitable for them.

Just because McKenna preferred shrooms ought we all say we prefer shrooms ? I mean take Xorkoth ( loves DOC) ought we all love DOC more than DOM because he's a great writer of trip reports amongst other things ?

We are who we are & we like what we like :)

I'm omnivorous I eat everything therefore I am everything :)

Changed by LSD? I think so, not in an overt way. More of a shift in perception, and image of self/the world. This took time to develop after the experience(s), and was not like flicking a switch.

I don't think I could go back, although it would be possible to reverse some of the things that have changed. I don't see any reason to do so, because I like who I am, and LSD has been a part of that.

As someone has pointed out, it isn't just LSD, but other things have helped to change my world, mostly for the better. Although as others have said, some of the experiences have been difficult, but ultimatly positive. In fact most of my life changing experiences (drug related or not), have been difficult to cope with at the time. This does not mean I regret most of them, or would want to go back, even if that where possible.

i had the same thing. After my first real acid trip when i was comming down i got some real mind changing things in my head about past events and things that was still somewhere in my head that i hat not dealt with. After that day when i woke up it was like there was a spring breeze inside my head and my whole perspective changed in that trip.
On acid i dont see things that are not there but i only see visuals when i close my eyes. but when i take a 500ug+ dose i see object transforming into other things hehe Its like you are in a movie or something hehe but back on topic i understand why this friend is saying it. Alot of people have things in there mind that they couldt deal with so put it away. With most people these things come out when they take some acid. In my opinion you see the the bad situations that was stuck in your mind without your ego or any kind of fear. That way you can put a emotion to that situation and have a clear mind about it. Depends ofcourse on what kind of shit you got in... for me it gave a positive vibration to my live!

peace,
p.s dont mind my grammer...

An interesting thing is how psychedelics (I don't feel necessitated to talk about LSD specifically, partly due to my relatively low experience with this compound and partly to my belief that psychedelics are kinda similar to each other where it matters) make me see things, but not necessarily be them. Sometimes I feel as if I know how to become harmonic, loving and caring about myself and others but choose to remain an ironic, sort of dark character.

I read a book once when I was young. It sparked ideas and images in my head that I did not wish for. It changed the way I think and now I wish I never started reading.

My analogy is that psychedelics are like having a guide book with a map in. You're shown the way, but unless you actually follow the signs and walk the path to where you want to go, it just remaind a vague thought in your mind, ehereas actually going to where the signs point is a much richer & more influential experience. After all (to continue the analogy), think about if you read about some place in a guide book and contrast that with how it actually felt when you got around to visiting the place - somethimes they are 'chalk & cheese' different

Not sure if I got the point across with that above as I'm quite tired and my brain isn't co-operating fully. "Time for bed", said Zebedee :D

idk how to explain it but i went kinda phycotic the first few weeks afte a frid, like at the ime, it made sense, but i kept thinking about all these wierd things abot how we exist and abut dimesions and i dont even know... and acid has definatly fucked up my vision..

but yeah, acid opens yyou up to a different realm of thinking that one cannot understand unless theyve taken the drug

sorry for the spelling, shitty laptop keyboard in the dark...

I found on LSD I get some more negative experiences, eg last few times ive taken it (i only take it like once a year) Ive felt like friends are talking about me like a conspiracy and i have never experience paranoia, It maybe that when im on LSD i think everything relates to me. I certainly like shrooms alot more, they seem to have a more natural feeling to them imo (no so harsh).

An interesting thing is how psychedelics (I don't feel necessitated to talk about LSD specifically, partly due to my relatively low experience with this compound and partly to my belief that psychedelics are kinda similar to each other where it matters) make me see things, but not necessarily be them. Sometimes I feel as if I know how to become harmonic, loving and caring about myself and others but choose to remain an ironic, sort of dark character.

That cracked me the fuck up! The one time I did 'cid me and my girlfriend "became" ecstatic, innocent, and childlike "characters" in a storybook, while still able to process things in our heads equally if not much better than our sober selves. My friend we were tripping with was just as euphoric as we were, but somehow took on a mischievous, dark character that was plotting and scheming to "get" us. He was creeping around our castle (playground) like gollum from LOTR, eventually slipping and, from our perspective, falling from the sky. He had no idea what he planned on doing to us once he finally snuck up on us, and it was mutually innocent between us all.

FUCK I rambled on and on about LSD again ;)

I have a very strong urge to dive in again.