View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides different after LSD?

shrimps2004

Bluelighter
a friend of mine said that after trippin with acid that he's never been the same, this was after his first trip he's quite an experianced tripper..

anybody else feel the same way?

definitely allows you to enter a new realm of perception, so... yeah. Helps you realize that everything is connected to a greater whole or being. People can get really hung up during a trip though, i've seen it happen. If your in the right place at the right time in the right state of mind you wont come out traumatized. I've come out with a better POV of reality.

KSD seems to be one of the psychedelics that facilitate change as it has the combination of being very 'deep' and in your face/relentless in it's action. A lot of psychedelics rg 2C-B can be used as party drugs without ever really touching the core of who/what you are and as such can be usedwithout ever really having any long term effects. If you're just looking for fun, LSD (& others such as DMT, DOM to name two) are probably best avoided as they can totally dissemble your world and then put it back together in a different way.

Well that's how I feel on the subject

I would say acid changed me more than mushrooms, especially the way I look visually at everyday things

^Why would you want to "overcome" it? The whole point of taking LSD is to catalyze change. That's what these chemicals do, they're catalysts.

You can't get a peak behind the veil of reality and then just expect to go back acting like everything's the same; because everything's most certainly not the same. After you've experienced these states there's no going backwards, only forwards.

if they've had a bad outcome from the trip experiance..that might be y they would wanna overcome it...?

its a constantly evolving process (your mind)

to say that you 'get over it and return to your normal self' would be to vastly mischaracterize the process of develop an individual mind goes through in its lifetime

It isn't at all like you no longer recognize your own sense of self. It is all perception, it's not at all intrusive or conspicuous.

For example, when I used to see younger kids playing games that are completely imaginative and creations of their own mind, I thought of it as a "kids thing". As if it showed immaturity in a person. After I did LSD, I now think of various children s behaviors as complex and beautiful things that should never be dismissed as nothing. I think that it is a side of the human psyche that is diminished over time by our culture, and is not a natural process of maturing. I now greatly appreciate my imagination and ability to create and connect beyond my own ego.

Now you probably think I'm really fucking weird, but this isn't hippy-babble, it actually has some truth to me, if not to most of us. My point is that what I just described didn't show up as some foreign intrusion in my brain, but I just learned it from my trip completely naturally.

I'm the same person I always was after various psychedelic experiences. My thoughts, perspective and perception changed though, however psychedelics alone are not the sole cause of these changes, in anyone. IMHO.

If you're just looking for fun, LSD (& others such as DMT, DOM to name two) are probably best avoided as they can totally dissemble your world and then put it back together in a different way.

Who wouldn't do it for fun? I think acid is the most fun drug there is. Heroic doses are obviously best reserved for private times..but low-average doses are cool for any environment.

It's hard to say about change. I think it changes everyone to a degree... I mean it's altered my everyday reality quite a bit. I get visuals when i'm sober. And it's pretty cool when i make things move when i focus a certain way. I don't look too much into the philosophical side of it but i do find tripping therapeutic as well as recreational.

I take it you've never experienced ego death.

This.

Probably what changed me the most through psychedelic use.. i would not do it again (at least until later in my life.. for it's quite an 'intensely uncomfortable experience') but i am forever grateful for it. I felt like i built myself back together through the liberation of music the way i wanted..

Change comes from everywhere.

At a certain point Cannabis changed my life completely, then a while later so did Speed, as well as LSD and Shrooms, among many other events that didn't really involve drugs.

I think "Catalyst" is a good word to describe these things.

I had figured out most of the "insights" already before tripping. However, psychedelics give one a very special opportunity to experience the intellectual insights, which can make them more significant and valuable.

I take it you've never experienced ego death.

So anyone who believes psychedelics might not be the sole factor in causing change (something that occurs all the time to my knowledge, by definition) can't have experienced ego death? I think your ego needs some dying, mate :\

^ Agree completey - psych's are not the only route - indeed, I'd venture that they are, ultimately, a dead-end street - just an old man's opinion :|

Psychedelics are, like is being said, a catalyst to change... ego death is a tremendously powerful experience, but the change comes from within, from what you do with yourself afterwards. I know people who have experienced ego death and ended up completely freaked out and terrified that their worldview was crushed, and allow the experience to negatively impact their lives. I know people who have tripped plenty and hard and feel that it's just fun and hasn't done anything to them except give them some experiences. And I know people, myself included, who used their experiences as a springboard to better understanding this existence and living life more fully.

So like I said, the psychedelic is a catalyst, not a magic switch that changes you instantly. I think they can be a very valuable tool to show you the way to a better life, but if you focus on the drugs and keep using them beyond what is beneficial to you, they will become a dead-end street, as Fishface says. If psychedelics motivate a positive change in you, you need to work on cultivating that change every day in your sober life or it will not last.

To shrimps2004 - Tripping is all about what you make of it and how you view it. Some people do not wish to have their perception of reality altered, and whatever they experience makes them uncomfortable, and they allow darkness into their lives after a psychedelic experience. But if you look at what you experience as an experience to be learned from, then even if you have a traumatic experience, you can come out a better person. I have had several extremely difficult and, at the time, traumatic experiences with psychedelics (especially mushrooms), but they do not affect me negatively at all.

Question: did this friend say he was negatively changed, or just that he was changed? Because psychedelics are very likely to change you, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I'm a much happier and more balanced person as a resault of my psychedelic experiences.

Bottom line: don't try psychedelics if you're not prepared for your view of the universe and life to change forever... make sure you're prepared for reality to be blown apart and re-assembled. It can be a beautiful experience, but it's serious business. You might trip and just have fun and never move past that level. But they are powerful tools and should be treated that way.

They have changed me a lot in the past few years once I started using them more frequently and in higher doses to try and break myself away from my obsession with heroin. They brought me out of the deep dark depression that heroin brought me into and I thank the stars for that. I have never been as happy in my life as I am these days and I'd have to say that heavy LSD use has given that to me. It's allowed me to see the beauty in the world that I shut out for so long in my times of despair. This doesn't work for everyone though I know a lot of people who've become kind of withdrawn after opening up these doors. Everyone's different and everyone reacts to drugs different. But I can easily say that anyone who experiences LSD will be changed in some type of way. Whether that change is bad or good depends on the person and there personality.