• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Did you start with weed?

Cigarettes followed by alcohol, then coke, then weed, well after a number of years of drinking and smoking cigs and snorting coke. Weed was not deemed as "cool" in the early 90's in my high school as coke was, although meth also was a big drug used in my High School, I was already out of school for several months before I did meth, then Pills,LSD,Shrooms,etc.. This does not count caffeine and so on..Weed was the 3rd or 4th drug I ever did actually, so IMO Alcohol is more of a gateway drug than weed, I was drinking when I did coke for the first time and was drinking when I smoked some weed the first time also..Not to mention the pain pills,benzo's and so on..

excluding alcohol, this is the order of my first encounters:

1. weed
2. salvia
3. ecstasy
4. mushrooms
5. cigarettes
6. speed
7. cocaine
8. LSD
9. kratom
10. 2C-I
11. bk-MDMA
12. mephedrone
13. ketamine
14. bk-MDEA
15. alprazolam
16. nitrous
17. diazepam
18. amanita muscaria
19. 2C-B
20. 2C-E

Tried alcohol weed and 2 cigarettes for the first time on the same night. Only liked alcohol. Still dont like weed very much. I did give it a solid couple months to really form an opinion though.

But anyway, then, in order, I went to:

codeine & hydrocodone
cocaine
valium (tried klonopin, ativan & xanax around the same time, liked valium best still use it often, i love it)
MDMA
oxycodone
ritalin
morphine
then for some reason lastly, DXM

Weed really had nothing to do with my drug use. If anything it put me off it for a while. I started because I just wanted to experiment and have fun. Then it got bad when I became extremely intrigued by pharmaceuticals, obsessed in fact (just in general, only valium remained constant), and would use certain ones in any little situation to "medicate" if you will. Still am in love with pharms but I am very cautious now.

My loves are and always will be benzos and opiates.

Caffeine then IV morphine at 16 when I had a testicular torsion. My eyes were opened to what all those drugs were my friends were using pretty fucking fast. Did some research, and then went with pot.

I started on weed. When my parents first found out, they insisted it would open the gate to harder drugs. Obviously me being the young pothead I was, didn't believe it would.

Boy was I wrong.

First started with alcohol, then moved onto weed shortly after. Not going to list everything I've tried as I can no longer remember half of it so no point in even trying to count it all.

1.Weed
2.Alcohol
3.Speed
4.Percecet
5.Ketamine
6.Oxy
7.Opanas
8.DXM
9.Whippets
10.Shrooms
11.Molly.

cigs 11
weed 13
opiates 14
coke 14
adderall 14
ecstasy 15
meth 15
mushrooms 15 the day i found my calling :)
various perscription drugs never perscribed ;)
acid 15
robo 15
salvia 15
dmt 17
heroin 17

yep those are the ages i started

In order:
adderall (scripted)
Alcohol
Weed
Tobacco
Hydrocodone
Dxm
MDMA
Ghb
Meth (ew)
Shrooms
Acid
Suboxone

In my possession but not yet consumed:

Doc
Methylone
5-meo-dmt

I myself began my adventures in psychoactives with our terribly bitter friend Alcohol. Then weed, molly, opiates, psychedelics.. Never really fucked with stimulants aside from once or twice, nowadays I am a strictly weed and psychedelics man. Will have a beer here and there but rarely will I get piss drunk.

Smoked some cigarettes out of curiosity when I was very young and then tried some scotch at 13, got drunk a couple of times but not many. Then I smoked marijuana and fell in love. I would have done LSD most likely at age 15(unsure whether I knew enough yet but I know by 16 I was on the hunt). Then one summer(a lot of people talk about this summer and surprisingly about getting powerful amber gels, atleast from what I remembered on this site)the gels just came by the sheet always. It was pretty ridiculous and after a few months it died down and is now back to harder to find stature. Then I moved along to RC's after making the discoveries, etc. I still love LSD the most but mescaline, 2c-e, and DMT/others have really nestled into a home in my heart.

dxm>weed>diphenhydramine>opiates>benzos>MDMA>K>2cb>a lot more benzos.

cigarettes
weed
acid
whippets
ecstasy
shrooms
ghb
k
cocaine

there might have been others - during my party days if someone offered i'd take it - except for crystal meth.

the policies are the gateway

nicotine
alcohol
random meds
weed
shrooms
meth
opiates
LSD
MDMA
2c-e

Next stop: DMT

I've smoked weed for 15 years and don't plan to stop. It's my bread and butter and I love it. If anything it took the gateway process down a less destructive path.

Bud
cigarettes/alcohol
tried vicodin/adderall, felt nothing
then tried ativan/ambien/klonopin and OC, and codeine+promethazine syrup
then got into doing dexedrine/RX stims
shrooms
L
MDMA
a few 2Cs
still doing RXs
"bath salts" and cannabinoid blends (not purchased by me....)
Ketamine

Many people have the idea that weed is a drug that induces you to harder drugs. In my case it wasnt that way, first I tried E and LSD, then weed. I rarely do those other drugs but I do smoke weed very often. I would like to know if many people started with weed and what came after it..

No. The only reason marijuana is considered a "gateway drug" is simply because it seems relatively harmless and benign and is readily available. Therefore, most people who use drugs begin with marijuana.

But marijuana does not have some magic effect that makes a user want to continue trying more and more drugs. Generally they realize all of the anti-drug propaganda about marijuana was wrong, so why would the anti-drug propaganda about other drugs not be wrong? And the more entrenched you become with drug culture, the more drugs you will have available to try.

My first drug was alcohol. Then I experimented with codeine. Then marijuana. Then LSD. I never had any desire to try "hard drugs" for years. I was perfectly comfortable with psychedelics, Percocet and marijuana.

That changed when I began going to raves and suddenly drugs that were not socially acceptable in my circles were. And there was a plethora to try from.

From there, I met more connections to more drugs and eventually found myself a heroin addict for several years.

I stopped using opiates years ago.

I have kept experimenting to this day with various substances. Psychedelics. There are newer ones becoming available so often that I still have time to try all that I have been collecting.

I'm older, have a steady job, family obligations, et cetera. I just don't have the time or desire to use.

At any rate, no, marijuana is not a "gateway" drug. That is complete non-sense. If you use a psychoactive drug, like the high and become interested in exploring other drugs, that is, by definition, your "gateway drug".

Alcohol is a drug. Nicotine is a drug. Caffeine is a drug. Why are they not "gateway" drugs? At least in America, those are the drugs you are more likely to consume first.

Not everyone who uses marijuana goes on to using other drugs.

And I've known people that started drinking alcohol in high school, got right into cocaine and eventually became crackheads, having never used marijuana.

The entire premise of drug like marijuana being singled out as a "gateway drug" is a complete myth.

And when people use marijuana and their lives don't become shattered overnight or they don't find themselves shooting heroin in back alleys, they are less likely to believe propaganda.

When you find out you've been lied to by people you have been taught to trust, you lose faith and start to question everything. I likened it to my discovery that Santa Clause wasn't real.

And at least with my logic, I just began to see what adults were promoting to me as distortions and lies and had to discover everything myself the hard way before I matured enough to be able to discern truth from fiction without having to experiment everything myself.

But even today, I still do on occasion. Mostly to prove others promoting myths wrong - and that's my point, that you should logically think something out before promoting it as truth. Recently there was an article about plants being watered with water that had come from the microwave and those plants dying, so obviously, it was the radiation.

Well, I did this experiment on my own. Using morning glory seeds I had collected from the same plant last Fall. I used 100 seeds in two batches and made sure the conditions were EXACTLY the same. I would apply distilled room water to half of the seeds. And microwaved water that had been allowed to cool down to room temperature. Not only did the plants germinate with "radioactive" water, the germination rate was actually slightly better. The plants grew exactly the same.

In the meantime (sometime shortly after the first "true" leaves of the plants grew), the article that had been promoted on all sorts of health websites had been debunked.

And the entire premise of the article was ridiculous anyhow. It's very simple to get a gieger counter and put it over microwaved food. There is no significant lingering radiation. And that experiment has been done dozens of times over the years. Yet somehow, nobody ever wants to either do some research or believe those scientifically sound experiments with duplicate results 10 out of 10 times.