• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine/d-amphetamine) Info Thread

Nearly can I. Its very easy to become addicted to amphetamines. Its absolutely insane how quick it happens.

I got addicted to amphetamines the first time I took a dose higher than 20mg or so (and this was mixed amphetamine salts/Adderall).

When I first took Dexedrine (20mg XR formulation) I was blown away. Be careful, amphetamines are very seductive.

Dexedrine Help merged with this thread.

We've got two active discussions regarding Dexedrine/dextroamphetamine, so I went ahead and put them together.

The problem is that there is no way to detox from methamphetamine like opiates or benzodiazepines and even cocaine. And there is no medication to help keep you off it, therapy has been found to be of little help. If I remember correctly from what I gathered in rehab only 1 in 10 meth addicts stay clean for longer than a year. Odds are drastically against you. I have no friends or never met anyone who has gotten clean from meth and stayed off it. Some people can stay off it for awhile but eventually relapse.

I'm glad I got off it before things got too hardcore. I became addicted after only a few days and basically had one big binge for 4 months. I haven't used in 8 or so years.

Cocaine addicts don't really have anything to help them come off it either, but still they aren't like meth addicts. See with meth addicts, there is so much brain damage that they really don't realize what amount of trouble they are in before its too late. Meth addicts tend to be delusional, paranoid, and sketchy - even when not high. I think that contributes to the high relapse rate.

I'm glad I came off of it too before I went too deep into it back in 2008. I honestly think I would not be here today if I had stayed using at the rate I was in '08.

I've got 4x5mg IR dexys, does crushig them up and snor#ting em work ebetter than swallowing? How long do the euphoric effects last?

Never got round to trying dexys or only tried em once before when i was already trashed, gutted i missed the opportunity back then! Got a second chance niw tohugh =D

I've got 4x5mg IR dexys, does crushig them up and snor#ting em work ebetter than swallowing? How long do the euphoric effects last?

Never got round to trying dexys or only tried em once before when i was already trashed, gutted i missed the opportunity back then! Got a second chance niw tohugh =D

I think Dexedrine is better taken orally. There isn't really a rush and it just seems less effective. Not a rush like cocaine or methamphetamine. Orally it lasts longer and can make you very euphoric at the right dose.

Just because you have a tolerance doesn't mean you have to snort them. Tolerance has nothing to do with it. Its all just preference. I snorted them when I didn't have a tolerance and then when I did and I still preferred taking them orally. I think its a waste snorting them. I need my amphetamine to last as long as it can to get shit done and snorting them only lasts 30-45 minutes and then I'm sober and don't have the ability to get things done like I need to. I enjoy d-amphetamine because it helps me get the things done that I need to do, not for a short lived high. I can understand why some people may enjoy it but I have other reasons for it. Once again, just my preference.

As far as dosage, for someone with no tolerance I see no reason to go above 20mg. And when you take to much you may experience psychosis, schizophrenia type symptoms like paranoia and hallucinations. It takes awhile before you get there.

If you take too much Dexedrine you'll notice the following symptoms, most likely:

-rapid heartbeat
-sweating
-chills
-anxiety, panic and paranoia and delusions
-hallunications
-hot flashes, fever
-uncontrollable shaking, tremors

The psychosis and paranoia manifest themselves in schizophrenia-like symptoms in the most extreme cases of amphetamine overdose or insomnia caused by excessive chronic use of amphetamines or similar stimulants (MDPV, cocaine, mephedrone, etc).

So what do guys think, should I do 20mg eaten by itself, or 25mg all at once, or 20mg then wait a half hour and have the other 5mg?

25mg at once, taking only 5mg after you took 20mg isn't going to do much.

Another option is 20mg or so of XR formulation, followed by 5mg or so of IR formulation 6-8 hours later. Many doctors prescribe this dosing schedule so later in the evening isn't a 4 hour amphetamine comedown...

Another option is 20mg or so of XR formulation, followed by 5mg or so of IR formulation 6-8 hours later. Many doctors prescribe this dosing schedule so later in the evening isn't a 4 hour amphetamine comedown...

my doc did the exact same thing and it didn't go well, i felt strung out and jittery after the first dose wore off and it stayed like that :!.

really the best way to take amps is all at once, XR formulations imo suck(except for Vyvanse, which is pretty smooth).

^It depends on individual reaction however (I'm the opposite of you, I had a really bumpy ride with even the 50mg dosage was not fun at all with tremors, numbness and a complete elimination of hunger and thirst, which caused many many problems after it wore off).

I took a 70mg Vyvanse once, never again.

Different strokes for different folks, or, in this case, different amphetamine formulations for different folks. I smell a Dexedrine vs. Adderall vs. Vyvanse thread...

Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine)

So im prescribed this medication and a workmate was thinking of going back on it (stopped in primary school) and i offerd him 3 5mg tabs and a 5mg booster 3 hrs later.

He was fine for the first few hours then he bummed right out with stomach aches and headaches nausea and pale skin.

Ive never seen this before.. so why would somoene get this type of reaction?

15mg instant Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine) is a lot for somebody without a tolerance, since your workmate hasn't taken Dex since primary school, I'm sure his tolerance is completely gone. Stomachaches and headaches are actually quite common adverse reactions to dextroamphetamine. (and other amphetamines). Sounds to me like you gave him a bit too much for his (lack of) tolerance.

Did he tell you what his usual dosage of Dex used to be? It's pretty hard for us to diagnose people via the Internet, but stomach/headaches, and nausea and pretty common side effects from amphetamines. They are usually at least partially caused by dehydration or lack of food intake, which is common on amphetamines.

Make sure your friend is eating enough and drinking enough water.

*Also, I edited the title of your post for easier searching*

i asked him what he had for lunch and it didnt sound enough so i gave him my chocolate muelsi bar but yeah maybe i was a bit naive and gave him too much , makes me feel like a dick.

I dont know what his dose was before it wouldve been like maybe 8 years ago.

Even though the most likely case is he had more than he could tolerate are there people who just simply cannot handle dex?

Every substance reacts differently with each individual.

I think it is possible that his body just does not like it.