• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine/d-amphetamine) Info Thread

Bluelighter
So this is what I got... 10 x 10mg dexie. I'm planning on waking up tomorrow and doing them. How many should I take at first? How many later?

I do dexie every odd week, and I'm just wondering which dosages will get me the most bang for my buck. I'm aiming for maximum utility/euphoria.

I think I'll take 5 or 6 when I wake up, but what kind of redoses should i be looking at to maximize my experience.

Any dosage instructions would be appreciated. I feel my first dose should be a min of 4-5, but how should I take the rest.

Thanks d00ds

EDIT:

I believe these are also time release, if that makes a difference

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I don't know a lot about amps, but I do know that bases increase their effects, unless dextro is somehow different than regular amp base, so if you are trying to increase the effects I would suggest drinking some milk beforehand, always worked for me.

Dosage questions like this belong in Basic Drug Discussion.

OD >>> BDD

Wake up and eat some protein, maybe some eggs (that's what I've been doing lately in the morning) -- at least something to hold you over. I don't like the after effects/crash that I get when I don't have something in my stomach.

Avoid citrus fruits/juices -- they tend to rob some of the amp effects.

Well I don't know a lot about amps, but I do know that bases increase their effects, unless dextro is somehow different than regular amp base, so if you are trying to increase the effects I would suggest drinking some milk beforehand, always worked for me.

Isn't milk acidic? I remember reading on dexie interactions tums... a basic anatacid has 'side effects' while on dex, I'm not sure if this is realated to increased euphoria.

Unless there are any other educated guesses beforehand, I'll just take the milk, tums, and dex and hope for the best. HO HOOO HOOO

No, really. I read there are side effects with taking antacids and dexies... I want to know if these are good side effects or bad side effects...

I've also heard rumours of milk intensifying oxycontin... never worked for me/

Jeah, just called a different pharmacy... they said that there should be no interaction with calcium carbonate or milk. Now, that's just what they say, but I'll give it the old college try and see what tomorrow is like.

Once again, if I could get some advice on re-dose, that would be greeeat, thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
one time I had a friend give me some dexro capsules< cannot remember the dose, But I took them in the am and didnt start feeling them for a couple hours, I wound up taking WAY to many, then they all hit me at once. Holy shit, I couldnt stand up without nearly passing out and couldn't sleep for 3 whole days. I sucked. I guess Im just saying make sure you have waited for the first dose to hit before taking anythign else. be careful.

Acidic substances (soda, citrus, fruit juices, vitamin C, etc) will decrease the effectiveness of dextroamphetamine [brand names include Dexedrine, Dextrostat] (and other amphetamines) because they increase the rate of excretion.

Basic substances (baking soda, Tums, ant-acids that work to reduce heartburn directly by being bases themselves) will increase the effectiveness of dextroamphetamine because they reduce the rate of excretion. The effects will be stronger and last longer.

I do not recommend taking 100mg (10mg x 10) of dextroamphetamine if you don't have any tolerance or experience with amphetamines at that high of a dose. People are usually started at 10-20mg daily. Even though the pills you have are XR, 100mg is still a pretty high dose.

I agree with Shaman RN, make sure you eat a decent sized meal before consuming the dex, it will make the comedown a lot easier to deal with.

If you don't have any experience with amphetamines, I recommend starting with 20mg orally (without taking Tums or baking soda) and seeing how you feel. 20mg orally is usually enough for a first time user, even if it is in the XR formulation. You mentioned that you do a Dexedrine every once in a while, but you didn't mention dosage, dosing frequency, etc., which is why I mentioned the lower starting dose.

^Coffee/caffeine does potentiate amphetamines, for sure. I find that adding more than 80 or so milligrams of caffeine makes the amphetamine high extremely jittery and causes more anxiety.

Eat some tums before hand. Are you looking to binge? Or just have a fun day? Whats your tolerance? If it was me i would take around 5 or 6 to start. But i dont know your tolerance so i would start wit 20-30mg. if you want it to hit fast n hard dont eat before you take them. I would advise that you do eat tho if your plannin on a binge. Plus stay hydradted. I learned thats key in helpin your come down

Dexedrine Help

Already searched around a bit but had a hard time finding the info I wanted

So im getting some dexedrine from a friend to try for the first time so i was wondering a few things

1. Whats a good dose (mg) to get pretty high, im going to a sweet electronic music festival and will be sure to drink water throughout the night. In the past I have responded very average to mdma and ritalin in terms of dose and effects

2. Whats the ld50 of dexidrine?

3. Any other 1st time recomendations or advice and/or useful links to articles about dexedrine general information and neurotoxcicity and such

Thank you for any helpful replys, and fuck off anyone trying to lecture me.

I get Dexedrine prescribed for ADD. So I know quite a bit about it and it's side effects.
First I would like to know, what formulation of Dexedrine are you getting?

Are you getting capsules or tablets and what milligrams are each of the capsules or tablets, whatever you may be getting?

Not sure whether it will be tablet or pill or if it will be ir or xr, so just looking for general information

If it's the IR tabs, then I recommend a 15 mg starter dose. They take a while to kick in, so be patient. For me, I don't start feeling the effects until about 45 minutes after I dose. Some people it takes up to an hour. In general though for most people - the 40 minute mark you'll start to feel something - not the whole thing, but you'll feel something (maybe you'll start sweating a bit, you become happier, more energetic, and talkative,etc). Wait up until the 1 hour mark and see how you're feeling - if you think you can handle more take another 5 mg and enjoy. Don't go over 25 mg on your first time doing dexamphetamine.

Dextroamphetamine is extremely euphoric, one of the most euphoric drugs I've done.

I am not sure of dextroamphetamine's LD50, but I can find out for you.

If it's the capsules with the beads, it's going to be difficult to get a high off of them. I have no experience with the capsules, so if anyone reading this has any experience with the capsules please give some sound advice to the OP.

Last edited:
I get scripted Dexedrine IR for ADD, so I have tons of experience with them.

If you've had previous experience with Dexedrine before, then I'd say 20 mg would be nice for you. They take a while to kick in, I'm sure you know. Sometimes up to an hour, but usually 40-45 minutes and it's kicked in. If at the 1 hour mark you feel like you can handle more, take 5 mg more.

I was prescribed Dexedrine for countless years as well but its been years since I've been on it, I was switched onto Desoxyn. I used to be prescribed 45mg both the instant release & extended release (not at same time). It would be a good idea to find out what you are getting, ir (tablets) or xr (spansules). If they are in tablet form they only come in 5mg, if they are in capsules they could be 5, 10, 15mg so it makes a difference especially if you have the 15mg capsules.

If you are looking to get "high", as in more than just stimulated, I'd suggest 15mg if they are instant release and 20mg if they are xr (capsules). The first time I ever took an amphetamine it was Dexedrine and I took 3 10mg spansules. I got seriously fucked up and felt incredible. I've been told that was a high dose for someone without a tolerance so I just don't suggest it. I've always felt the need to get the most out of a drug.

When I was first prescribed Dexedrine (14 yrs old...long ago) I was told to take 10mg three times daily. That is a therapeutic dose. I recommend a little bit of a higher dose only because you said "you want to get high".

if you've responded well to MDMA and Ritalin perhaps 20mg, maybe 25mg.

be responsible, amphetamines are addictive as hell(i take 60-80mg a day and can't function without them).

If you take them every odd week and looking for "maximum euphoria" then I'd suggest 30mg. That was the first dose I ever took in my life like 14 years ago and it got me really fucked up, felt like bliss. Redosing dextro-amphetamine won't get you higher, as it isn't so effective, but it will increase the duration of the high. So if you insist on taking another dose take it 2 hours after your original dose. Don't continue to keep taking higher and higher doses, as you could take triple your original dose and it won't give you a feeling better than the first dose. But it can keep you fucked up.

if you've responded well to MDMA and Ritalin perhaps 20mg, maybe 25mg.

be responsible, amphetamines are addictive as hell(i take 60-80mg a day and can't function without them).

Nearly can I. Its very easy to become addicted to amphetamines. Its absolutely insane how quick it happens.