Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Dexter

I thought Season 7 was pretty good, since it still had the tension between Debra, Dexter, and the love-to-hate-her La Guerta. This season, though, was just casting about for a zombie apocalypse or supernova to end it; barring that, they opted for the merely ridiculous.

Season 7 was def better then 8, but weak imo compared to the first ones. Hoesntly i couldtn care less about debra-laguerta, especially since i strongly dislike both. LAguerta is jsut a general bitch whos hated by everybody whill debra sounds like a 14 year old kid and is more annoying then anything. If they took away half the time they awarded to debra the series wouldve been alot better. Its espcially frustrating in the last season, because in my mind it would be all dexter on the run and shit.

But no, it has to be about poor little deborah who pops pills to deal with the horrible pain of her brother being a killer. And Dexter spending half the season regretting and ''thinking''about debra. At least they coulve picked/made the character less anooying. I still cant get over that dexter is now chopping wood loll

I still cant get over that dexter is now chopping wood loll

Hah for real.

tumblr_mtl3vhbn631qbg7x6o1_1280.jpg

Here's how the former Dexter showrunner who left when the going was still good, would have ended the show. So much more epic.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09...wrunner-on-how-he-would-have-ended-the-series

Last edited:
Hah for real.

tumblr_mtl3vhbn631qbg7x6o1_1280.jpg

Here's how the former Dexter showrunner who left when the going was still good, would have ended the show. So much more epic.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09...wrunner-on-how-he-would-have-ended-the-series
LOL. The ending in the article you posted is wayyy better than the actual ending. THey shoulda kept that guy on board. I think its no coincidence that after his departure season 5 and 7 were pretty lame, 8 was horrible and only 6 was a bit enjoyable..

LOL. The ending in the article you posted is wayyy better than the actual ending. THey shoulda kept that guy on board. I think its no coincidence that after his departure season 5 and 7 were pretty lame, 8 was horrible and only 6 was a bit enjoyable..

Yeah definitely. Just reading his ending, I could picture it in my mind, and it already had a huge impact just imagining it. So I can only guess had great seeing it in reality would be.

Oh well. Too bad. :\

Yeah definitely. Just reading his ending, I could picture it in my mind, and it already had a huge impact just imagining it. So I can only guess had great seeing it in reality would be.

Oh well. Too bad. :\
Yeah....too bad. Another great show ruined. Ive never seen the sopranos, i couldnt get into it, but from what i hear the season finale is horrible. I hope BB's finale wont be as idiotic as dexters but i think it wont. Dexters writer shouldve talked to BB's writers lol.

Why do people compare B b and Dexter cause they're nothing alike. It's all annoying. Like...Why.
Personally, although bb is interesting; I think it's way more boring than Dexter and the characters are all really unsympathetic and assholes. And wow Walt is on the run.....big surprise I never saw that coming.....with a dea agent brother....what a shocker.
I'm glad Dexter didn't end in some cliche cop chase cause although it has cops in it, it was never a cop show. If he got killed or caught it would be so predictable and cliche.
The only really great season was 1. Because th as t was base on a good book. Every other season had major pros AND cons. Everyone acting like 1-4 was so great are clearly suffering from hipster selective memory because Lila and Jimmy smits characters and plotlines were HORRIBLE. Lumen was much more engaging than Lila by a long shot. And the religious guys were pretty weird and kept you wondering.
The writing has always been soso, but we watch for dex and his struggle as a complete outsider...unless I'm missing the point of the show. Not for good vs bad, law vs criminal nonsense.

To me the show was a commentary on society and human interaction...how that is developed and cultivated, and whether it's really legitimate or a social construct. As well as a look into how severe childhood trauma affects interpersonal relationships and the understanding one has on society and society's legitimacy...to which I think, overall, the show stayed true to over the years.....Idk

Why do people compare B b and Dexter cause they're nothing alike. It's all annoying. Like...Why.
Personally, although bb is interesting; I think it's way more boring than Dexter and the characters are all really unsympathetic and assholes. And wow Walt is on the run.....big surprise I never saw that coming.....with a dea agent brother....what a shocker.
I'm glad Dexter didn't end in some cliche cop chase cause although it has cops in it, it was never a cop show. If he got killed or caught it would be so predictable and cliche.
The only really great season was 1. Because th as t was base on a good book. Every other season had major pros AND cons. Everyone acting like 1-4 was so great are clearly suffering from hipster selective memory because Lila and Jimmy smits characters and plotlines were HORRIBLE. Lumen was much more engaging than Lila by a long shot. And the religious guys were pretty weird and kept you wondering.
The writing has always been soso, but we watch for dex and his struggle as a complete outsider...unless I'm missing the point of the show. Not for good vs bad, law vs criminal nonsense.

Well dexters finale was idiotic. As the whole season. Nobody gives a fuck about dbra, yet more then half of the series are focused on her. I think the religious guys were alot more interesting then psycho lila and traumatised lumen. From the start i knew something was up with lila, and lumen is just a cliche traumatised victime who wants revenge. I hated season 3 though, it was slow,boring and too predictable. But the second season and the fourth season were way superior to season 5-8. I compare BB to dexter because they are both shows i watched, im not comparing the storys, im just comparing both final seasons in their way and Breaking Bad final season was level 10000 over Dexters.

this is a new series on showtime.... anyone watching it?

dexter stars michael c. hall (six feet under) as the main star- a forensic (blood splatter) tech. the big twist is that dexter is actually a blood obsessed serial killer who curbs his urges by hunting and killing other serial killers all while living a normal seeming life.

there are maybe only two episodes so far and i have only seem one... so it is a little early to call it
but....
everywhere i look this is getting good reviews. i tried it after seeing the episode recommended in one of my favorite magazines. they have a section each week of what not to miss on tele for the upcoming week.
when i did watch it i didnt like the tempo of this show, or the lead as much as i thought i might from the reviews...
but it has potential

My advice is don't invest too much time into it.