⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Dexter

wow.
wut.
i cried for the last 25 minutes.

i just.

i think they pressed reset.
i think there might be an entirely new show of his new life. and i think he's going to be much more insane than he previously was. and brutal.
and i think it's going to echo some season 1 type shit.
and i think he's going to think he's fundamentally evil.
just saying.

id on't know.

wow.

my friend thinks that the ending shows it was all a fantasy life.delusions...hallucinations...what have you.

idk.

idk what to think.

how the hell did he get out of that hurricane though.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/09/23/dexter-interview-series-finale/2/

Have to ask: How did Dex get from his boat to the shore in the middle of a hurricane?
BUCK: Hopefully it’s not a question that will be examined too closely. The show has always been a half step away from reality; it’s a hyper-reality. We established there is an emergency life raft with an outboard motor on the boat. He could have gotten in the raft and made it safely to shore

uhh...ok.

Dexter ending the episode with a "By the way, I'm just kidding," would've been more satisfying than that finale. Sorry.

God that sucked. Good thing is I knew it was going to suck and didn't get my hopes up.

What a total let down.

Horrible Finale. Horrible,Horibble,Horrible. And again most of the episode revolved about deb. Nobody even fucking likes her they shouldve killed her in the frist season for fucks sake. It would be great it they did a new dexter series but i higly doubt they will. Lumberjack? Really? Fail. Fuck the people who did this season shit even couldve come up with something better...

I'm so stoked for Season 9, you guys.

XCzWbOI.png

idk...i liked it!!
i think it showed that the dark passenger took over and as much as he could try to be human/humane, he never really could...
the show was a struggle with his humanity. having a fake version of it, that cover blending and becoming realer, and then realizing that a lot of what he based his life off of was false. the realization that voegul made the code, not harry; and the loss of deb i think legitimized that he never could be human like everyone else, and even pretending to wasn't worth it. so he became the quintessential killer, a loner. and shed any connection to his former life.
i think it fit into a really interesting arc for him.

Some stuff I was discussing wiht a friend:

Iit was about character development, about reality, socialization, outcasts. It was about struggling with two worlds and whether it's possible to appear normal when you're not. The ending shows us that the way Dexter truly lived his life, destroyed everyone around him.
The code was his grounding and that's gone. Besides that all he really had was Deb to ground him to that idea of Harry that forced him to try and be humane. After losing that his world did collapse. And although he loved Harrison in his own way, Harrison was a result of another attempt at a cover life an human connection failing and I don't think he wanted to face that anymore. He needed to be alone and go against everything Harry and voegul wants because they were humane,not him. He questioned constantly whether being alone was the only option because he either never fully could connect or destroyed people when he did.

People seem to think Dexter transformed into some amazingly emotionally deep and empathetic person as the show progressed, but he really didn't. He had some minor emotions now compared to absolutely nothing, but he didn't understand them, couldn't really identify them, didn't know how to express them, and really couldn't really others emotional depth and respond to it appropriately either.
The deep trauma he suffered as a child completely altered his brain function and he will never ever be able to connect or interact, understand or have the same emotional capacity as regular people because of that..
People forget how much he fakes. It's easy to trick yourself into thinking something is real when you've faked it for so long and you really want it to be real.

and i think this ending was the dark passenger fully returning, and he is now just a vehicle for that. with no code, and no connections; however false, to tie him to any shred of humanity.

I wish it would have been more like the final season of breaking bad. Dexters secret out, him finally having to really answer to what he'd done. He'd be fully on the run, having to use all his training to survive. The season could have been filled with close calls with the cops, him narrowly escaping, the character drama between Dexters friends having such a difficult time hunting him down, what it would mean for his son to find out one day his dad was a serial killer, etc.

That is what I always expected from the final season of Dexter. I didn't see how it could end another way.

This was so far from what I wanted and I think a lot of people wanted that it really killed the show for me.

I wish it would have been more like the final season of breaking bad. Dexters secret out, him finally having to really answer to what he'd done. He'd be fully on the run, having to use all his training to survive. The season could have been filled with close calls with the cops, him narrowly escaping, the character drama between Dexters friends having such a difficult time hunting him down, what it would mean for his son to find out one day his dad was a serial killer, etc.

That is what I always expected from the final season of Dexter. I didn't see how it could end another way.

This was so far from what I wanted and I think a lot of people wanted that it really killed the show for me.

Yeah i wanted that. it should have built up to some proper crazy-ness, instead of fucking about

Exactly what i expected too . Not this voguel debora cry baby bullshit. The writers of this show are really wack

shit shit shitty shitty shit Fucking shit season stupid fucking shit finale god fucking dammit this show was shit, pure shit.

I thought Season 7 was pretty good, since it still had the tension between Debra, Dexter, and the love-to-hate-her La Guerta. This season, though, was just casting about for a zombie apocalypse or supernova to end it; barring that, they opted for the merely ridiculous.