Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Dexter

Very horrible scene. I think in a way though it's good that tv and film is becoming more daring, less afraid to break tabboo's. Tho it's too much when it's just there to shock people.

I didn't know that writing a shit season or having a scene that looks like it was taken from a bad infomercial were taboo.

Man im so disapointed with season 8. THey are going to tie dexters fate in 1-2 episodes? Shit they need a word with BB writers. Like im not even thrilled to watch the show like i was with the early seasons, im juust watching it because i wanna now how stupidly they are going to end it. Season 8 is fucking horrible.

Its like a train-wreck that you can't stop watching, plus if you've put in the time to watch all previous seven seasons you kinda need to or at least feel obligated to see how it ends.

Last edited:
I didn't know that writing a shit season or having a scene that looks like it was taken from a bad infomercial were taboo.

Its like a train-wreck that you can't stop watching, plus if you've put in the time to watch all previous seven seasons you kinda need to or at least feel obligated to see how it ends.
Exactly, i feel obligated lol. Its just feels rushed as fuck and all. The whole voguel/brain surgeon scenario feels like a filler. THey coulda been more creative for the last season.

True. I was addicted till around series 5 after that it became a bit of an obligation, becoming less impressed. I gave up on it halfway through 8.

Yeah, for a final season, this is incredibly disappointing. Final seasons are supposed to be about closure and grand scale arcs, not filler bullshit that has nothing to do with anything. This could have been like a random season 3 or something.. but the last bloody one?

I'm incredibly bummed and I'm not the only one. I hope the writers/showrunners realize they really fucked this up and let down a lot of their fans who stuck it out from the beginning. This is the payoff after all these years? Another random and incredibly boring "big bad". Dr. Voguel? Half a season with Deb and Dexter fighting? Absolutely zero high stakes?

Lame.

Dr. Voguel pisses me off, that serial killer kid was pointless, coulda been amazing

True. I was addicted till around series 5 after that it became a bit of an obligation, becoming less impressed. I gave up on it halfway through 8.
I didnt like season 5 that much either. I loved Season 6 too because the killer that guy travis was a crazy mofo haha. But as off 7 i pretty much lost interest....
Yeah, for a final season, this is incredibly disappointing. Final seasons are supposed to be about closure and grand scale arcs, not filler bullshit that has nothing to do with anything. This could have been like a random season 3 or something.. but the last bloody one?

I'm incredibly bummed and I'm not the only one. I hope the writers/showrunners realize they really fucked this up and let down a lot of their fans who stuck it out from the beginning. This is the payoff after all these years? Another random and incredibly boring "big bad". Dr. Voguel? Half a season with Deb and Dexter fighting? Absolutely zero high stakes?

Lame.
Exactly. Like i couldnt care less about Deb and Dexter I never liked deb anyway i was interested by the dexter character. The writers reaaaaly fucked it up. Shit im sure i couldve come in with a btter season 8 than that.
Dr. Voguel pisses me off, that serial killer kid was pointless, coulda been amazing
Voguel gets on my nerves too.

NSFW:
I'm pretty enamoured with the character, but I pretty much guessed that this would happen with the revelation that she helped make Dexter. pretty weak 'twist'. I would rate the new season as just okay. But in retrospect, my least favorite was season was 3, as Jimmy Smits' character was pretty annoying.

ebola
oh god season 3 was HORRIBLE. and i hated that twist too. i liked it much better when it was all harry..not harry getting his strings pulled by some creepy bitch. i think they're ending this season/series off with the message; killing is actually bad. the code was bullshit. please don't imitate this series sincerely showtime not wanting a class action lawsuit in case people spawn off on becoming dexters when it's over.
Exactly, i feel obligated lol. Its just feels rushed as fuck and all. The whole voguel/brain surgeon scenario feels like a filler. THey coulda been more creative for the last season.

yeah, i was very uncomfortable with vougel's character from the beginning, and the whole brain surgeon thing had an interesting plot i guess..but not as a final one. i mean..the bay harbor butcher investigation season 2 would have been much more suitable for a final season than this...
I didnt like season 5 that much either. I loved Season 6 too because the killer that guy travis was a crazy mofo haha. But as off 7 i pretty much lost interest....

Exactly. Like i couldnt care less about Deb and Dexter I never liked deb anyway i was interested by the dexter character. The writers reaaaaly fucked it up. Shit im sure i couldve come in with a btter season 8 than that.

Voguel gets on my nerves too.
yeah i agree, i actually found season 6 really interesting too! lol. i liked 5 as well,i thought that was really good also. 7 was meh.
but yeah i never liked deb's character she's just really fucking annoying and the fact that a good 65% of this season revolved around her, talking about her,or thinking about her: drove me fucking nuts.

Though I've stuck with Dexter through thick and thin, this episode finally convinced me that there is entirely too much Too Dumb to Live floating around this season.

oh god season 3 was HORRIBLE. and i hated that twist too. i liked it much better when it was all harry..not harry getting his strings pulled by some creepy bitch. i think they're ending this season/series off with the message; killing is actually bad. the code was bullshit. please don't imitate this series sincerely showtime not wanting a class action lawsuit in case people spawn off on becoming dexters when it's over.

yeah, i was very uncomfortable with vougel's character from the beginning, and the whole brain surgeon thing had an interesting plot i guess..but not as a final one. i mean..the bay harbor butcher investigation season 2 would have been much more suitable for a final season than this...

yeah i agree, i actually found season 6 really interesting too! lol. i liked 5 as well,i thought that was really good also. 7 was meh.
but yeah i never liked deb's character she's just really fucking annoying and the fact that a good 65% of this season revolved around her, talking about her,or thinking about her: drove me fucking nuts.

Agreed on Deb. Her character is pretty much swearing like 14 year old and being pissed/remorsive. As off season 8 shes become Jesse's from Breaking bad equivalent. Its pathetic. I really like Micheal C, he does a great job and actually makes the show better. Deb is just an empty addition to fill in the time almost it seems. i agree 7 was sos so, i liked the addition of the Mafia and all but it couldve been done better. I never saw the Sopranos but im thinking the engdin of dexter will make people have the same reaction.

After seeing yesterdays episode im even more disapointed. they will drag this voguel vs dexter shit till the end. And again half the episode was about deb and all. Showtime really fucked up.

Ugh, these fucking boring random story arcs are killing me. I don't give a shit about Saxon, Vogel, the marshal, none of it.

Worst last season of TV ever.

i read it lol they should have a little talk with gilligan next time they decide tofuck up a great show
Ugh, these fucking boring random story arcs are killing me. I don't give a shit about Saxon, Vogel, the marshal, none of it.

Worst last season of TV ever.

Off all the tv shows ive seen its the one with the worst last season. I didnt seen the sopranos though. But damn how dare they end up a great series with some bukllshit like this. Im even more pissed after seeing last episode.

i Im even more pissed after seeing last episode.

Yeah me too. I'm really not even excited for the finale. It sucks to have a show that was once so amazing and firing on all cylinders just fizzle out. I used to be so stoked for Dexter.. it would be the first show I'd watch out of my sunday lineup on monday and now it's the last.

wow, idk. i don't care about my mixed feelings on this season but the ending to last night. WHAT.

i thought i didn't really care about deb but i guess i do secretly like her cause i'm flipping a shit.

dexter can NOT have everything taken away from him! nooooooooooooooooo! he already lost rita god dammit isn't that enough?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:( >:O

Yeah me too. I'm really not even excited for the finale. It sucks to have a show that was once so amazing and firing on all cylinders just fizzle out. I used to be so stoked for Dexter.. it would be the first show I'd watch out of my sunday lineup on monday and now it's the last.
Haha same here its the last watch i every sunday and just because i feel like obligated or something. I loved the early seasons. This and the last season is just bullshit. Im sure when the finale comes ill just be like ''yeah whatever'' and shit. Im already prepared to the fact it will be possibly one off the worst tv finale ive ever seen lol.
wow, idk. i don't care about my mixed feelings on this season but the ending to last night. WHAT.

i thought i didn't really care about deb but i guess i do secretly like her cause i'm flipping a shit.

dexter can NOT have everything taken away from him! nooooooooooooooooo! he already lost rita god dammit isn't that enough?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:( >:O

I hope she dies at least, ive had enough off her annoying ass in the last season.

Yeah I'm not preparing for an epic finale.

Unfortunately Dexter is going out with a whimper.. not a bang. :\