Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Dexter

yeah i like her cracked out infinitely better than i've ever liked her before.
i'm a deb hater

So I lost interest at the beginning of season 6. Where should I pick up again?

ebola

Hahahah...true. But let me rephrase things:
the series began to get dull and uninspired somewhere around the beginning of season 6. Where does it become more captivating again?

ebola

yeah season 7 was good. i thought the biblical thing was very interesting...i don't know.the only season i really loathed was season 3, there was like no point to it and miguel prado was so fucking annoying.

what do you guys think of this season so far with the voegul lady and deb going all nuts?? i can't tell what this dr's motives are...or what her deal is. she is obviously very maniuplative and i'm intrigued why and what her interest in psychopaths stems from...she must be one too?? maybe not, but has this weird affinity? and i can't tell what she really wants with dexter, it's all very interesting...i like that they're taking a bit of a psychological POV finally...and the psych major in me loves it :)
i like crazy deb. a lot. she's got some great lines, "and who knows where that gun is going to point next in this hell that is now my life" or whatever. it's interesting seeing dexter's development over the course of the show from being so cold and unemotional to very emotional...

have any of you guys read the books by the way? i read the first 3...the third was meh, i want to read the others though as well. they're very different after book 1.
glad they finally went back to it and had laguerta killed in the shipping container, shoulda done that season 1! lol i could not STAND her. but it was interesting twist having deb do it and this whole decline she's in now.

also, curly hair deb ftw.

Dexter-Season-8-Set-Photos-20th-February-2013-dexter-33698475-395-595.jpg

Dexter-Season-8-Set-Photos-20th-February-2013-dexter-33698474-595-395.jpg

looking fineee. the straight hair and bangs and all the other nonsense she had made her stupid squirrel face look so stupid. now she actually looks kinda hot to me which i never thought i'd say...

some interesting pics from EW mag for this season..
Dexter-Season-8-EW-Magazine-Cast-Photos-dexter-34653340-615-804.jpg

Dexter-Season-8-EW-Magazine-Scans-dexter-34653266-1200-1600.png

but, i must say. as much as i like the new deb, i'm not crazy about this becoming the deb show..which it's been doing for a few seasons. it is called DEXTER. i don't like when they spend too much time on the other character's stories, it drives me nuts..and i really don't care who joey quinn fucks and i never want to see the babysitter getting laid.ew.

Speaking of psychology, Dexter isn't really a psychopath. At least, not affectively. He's capable of feeling guilt and remorse. He isn't shallow. He empathizes with the victims of his victims. He accepts responsibility for his own actions. Etcetera.

He definitely used to be more psychopathic, at least in Season 1, at least until Batista was stabbed. Now he's more of a vigilante who enjoys his job. But a true psychopath wouldn't be so invested in his "mask", and Dexter has very deep feelings for many people.

I would've enjoyed seeing a more conventional, Patrick Bateman type psychopath for the full eight seasons, but I'm a male. The typical female viewers in the audience need the relationshipy stuff to stay interested, I suppose.

If you'd like to see a more conventional psychopath in a TV series, see Hannibal.

Speaking of psychology, Dexter isn't really a psychopath. At least, not affectively. He's capable of feeling guilt and remorse. He isn't shallow. He empathizes with the victims of his victims. He accepts responsibility for his own actions. Etcetera.

He definitely used to be more psychopathic, at least in Season 1, at least until Batista was stabbed. Now he's more of a vigilante who enjoys his job. But a true psychopath wouldn't be so invested in his "mask", and Dexter has very deep feelings for many people.

I would've enjoyed seeing a more conventional, Patrick Bateman type psychopath for the full eight seasons, but I'm a male. The typical female viewers in the audience need the relationshipy stuff to stay interested, I suppose.

If you'd like to see a more conventional psychopath in a TV series, see Hannibal.

yeah i have a mixed opinion on the emotional development of dexter. i would enjoy it either way, him as he is or him as he was 1st season...i really don't like how caught up and wrecked he is about deb. he wasn't half as upset over rita and it's fucking annoying the shit out of me. i don't know...as cool as curly hair deb is it's still DEB. ugh.

hah funny you mention bateman. i just started reading american psycho. haven't seen the movie in years so i don't remember much of what happens anyways.

the other day i had this realization when watching dexter..if they had cast someone less good looking, say...buscemi...imagine how different the reception would be to dexter hahaha. i think a lot of people are empathetic to him instead of disgusted has to do with the actor's looks. what do you guys think? if some ugly creepy looking actor was doing all this...it would have a completely different feel. thoughts?

also, wonder why those pictures aren't showing up in my previous post?

The start to the final season has been a bit slow, but I can tell they are building up to something and at only 3 episodes in, I'm really hoping they take this season to the next level and get into some crazy shit it being the last. Last season was one of the best since season 4 with Trinity and 2 with the Bay Harbor Butcher storyline. So 8 has a lot to live up to but I'm confident they will deliver.

the other day i had this realization when watching dexter..if they had cast someone less good looking, say...buscemi...imagine how different the reception would be to dexter hahaha. i think a lot of people are empathetic to him instead of disgusted has to do with the actor's looks. what do you guys think? if some ugly creepy looking actor was doing all this...it would have a completely different feel. thoughts?

It definitely helps, just look at the whole Dzhokhar Tsarnaev thing.

okay, okay...I'm back to watching season 6. I was just that the opening episode sucked...

ebola

I was falling asleep towards the end of that last episode, then AAAH!

I was falling asleep towards the end of that last episode, then AAAH!

Yeah I'm kind of nervous now. Hah. It's the final season and I expected a lot more. I'm worried it'll just never come and I'll be really bummed out if the show ends without going really big.

^^ Deb running a suicide mission and killing Dexter in the process would have been a good way to wrap up the series imo.. I don't know what will top this but I sure hope it's a twisted and exciting ending.

Any ending will be better as long as it doesn't end similar to "The Sopranos" where Dexter is just sitting there and then the screen cuts black... I honestly thought my cable went out and I was about to miss the end, but nope...

Masuka flirting and hittin on the young lady in his lab, only to find out it was his daughter from his sperm donation was fking funny.

One thing I don't have the time to go back and look up, but I thought Dexter already told Deb that their father committed suicide in a previous season?