• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dexedrine users

I wonder how many of you ACTUALLY have ADHD.

Thats a good question. I was tested and stuff when I was 12 and they concluded that I had it. I do as of today believe that I most likely have ADD but I still wish that they didn't force feed me stimulants. Literally forced...I was going to be kicked out of 6th grade if I didn't take it. My teacher liked me better as a zombie on Ritalin.

Thats a good question. I was tested and stuff when I was 12 and they concluded that I had it. I do as of today believe that I most likely have ADD but I still wish that they didn't force feed me stimulants. Literally forced...I was going to be kicked out of 6th grade if I didn't take it. My teacher liked me better as a zombie on Ritalin.

Same. First day on medication I was complimented on how quiet I was and how I actually did my work. I have no idea what I was like before then, but it must have been bad cause I got in trouble a lot.

I think I just accidentally took some vyvanse without thinking, sigh. I took out the bottles to get something out from behind them and for some reason cause it was out I took one. I'm pretty damn sure this mindset isn't normal, I was tired just an hour ago and I'm interested in intellectual conversation, that is how I noticed I was on it. My tolerance is kind of up there lately so this isn't enough to have much effect...

Last edited:
Pysch diagnosis arent necessarily written in stone as the mind shifts from one gear to the other, my shrink knows i dont have ADD, he is RXing my dexedrine so i can focus on work, and "school"...he pretty much pushed stimulants on me, so easy to get, but so READILY DECLINED continuing my klonopin RX my sub doc has me on, which my sub doc insisted to ask a shrink to take over as my sub doc wont go over .5 3x a day....too addictive the shrink says, but more then gladly to give me a 90 day supply of amphetamines...contradiction! i dont know if i have ADD or not, but i know one thing i take stims recreationally so if i did have ADD due to my addictive nature i wouldnt be able to be responsible with it, but it does make me enjoy working, and doing tasks i dread on doing everyday!!!

I am really wanting to try dexedrine for my ADHD as have read good things about it. Tried ritalin and strattera but didnt work...ritalin did a bit but zoned my out and strattera sis a bit but amde me tired all the time...

My psychiatrist discharged me to my GP for some reason eve ntho I have never tries an amphetamine based med and I told him the strattera doesnt work...GP is writing to him to find out what the hell is going on because I obviously need to try another med. No Im on nothing because the strattera tiredness was too much so really want to try dexedrine.

I would get hold of some illegally if I could but I don't think it's easy to get hold of in Birmingham UK.

Hi,
Im new here so sorry if I seem a little out of protocol....

Ive been taking 10mgs of Dextroampehet sr-caps twice a day for....9 years? Im ready to go off for a list of reasons-I also take 1mg 3x a day of xanax & 2mg of ativan before bed along with 3-4 benedryls. I also take lortab 10/325 6-7 daily. Jeesh! nd that all makes me normal!!

What do I expect about withdrawals from the dex? I plan on doing it slow...my reg 2 a day, then 1, then 2, then 1, 1, 1, when do I go to none?? I have been told there is no physical withdrawal from dex, buy 9 yrs its been a part of me! There must be something.

No, they do not wire me-I did meth for too long before the nightmare of a pysch ward hit me. About a year clean from that (that was almost 11 yrs now!), my shrink decided that I was indeed ADD & put me on ritalin, made me suicidal, then adderall which did NOTHING. The dextro was a nice fit. But now, I want off.

Advice, experience?? How should I go off??

Thanks thru all my rattling! Running late for a shower-

Nice to have found you-I have many war stories to share, and alot of good insight of my 35+ yrs of legal & otherwise!!!

Thanks!!
bleetchie!!

Amphetamines don't really have physical withdrawals and considering you aren't abusing it there isn't really the issue of cravings, you just gotta get used to not being on it anymore.

I get 60mg Dexedrine, 20mg Adderall, and 1mg Klonopin daily.
I take 15-7mg, 10-5mg, and .25-.5mg a day.

The rest I am saving for when insurance goes away. Adderall was the best for me, Dexedrine feels so weak and lame, I like it as an ER just cause I won't crash from the Adderall. It is not a good ADD drug, its a good drug if you don't have shit to do and wanna play Halo Reach with your friends, but if you have homework, its shit, you will just jack off for hours like many Vyvanse users.

I have real ADD, and the thing that cures it for a while is some 2C-E (I take it once or twice a week).
I take that shit and its like I can think straight 'cause fuck these "daily drugs".
All they do is reinforce a habit, whatever you had, ADD drugs make you more dedicated to whatever you do, benzos make you stop caring, and stuff like weed gets you high. They don't change you, but psychedelics do, which is why I love them.

If you can't get them, writing a list of stuff to do for the day really really fucking helps, more than any other drug.

in regards to what opiatekrzy said: I definately agree with you! When I was 14 I was smoking weed every day, but that was the only "drug" I had any knowledge or experience with. I started toking every day, and became very paranoid, irritable, frustrated ect, and wasn't able to concentrate in school. I was referred to a child psychologist and I honestly and flat out told him that I smoked weed everyday, cigarettes, and drank with my friends almost every weekend when he asked me about my drug/alcohol use. I was also experiencing severe depression. He "diagnosed" me with ADD and gave me 10 mg Adderall right away. He told me to cut open the capsules and take a little scoop out, put the top back on and then take the rest of the pill. My mom thought that was extremely unprofessional, like why wouldn't he just give me a lower dose? I didn't do that, I just took the full thing. Next thing I know I can't sleep at night, I got impulses to excersise for hours in my room while watching TV and I lost my apetite almost completely. Since I was only 14 and had no idea about amphetamines or drugs, I was getting really tweaked without knowing. Then one of my friends saw the pills in my room and offered me money for them. Soon I realized I in fact did NOT have ADD, but was just more focused on my social life and smoking weed (also given way more freedom than most kids) instead of caring about school... which is why I wasnt concentrating at all on my work. Now 5 years later I'm a god damn addict for anything that can give me a good buzz. Dearest hanks to the lazy ass doctor who gave me strong ass pills I didn't need at all, giving me a taste of amphetamines. Needless to say I've abused Ritlin and Dexedrine MANY TIMES in the last couple years and currently having a problem with Concerta. If doctors keep doing this to young kids or teenagers there's a bigger chance to end up a pill head.

Last edited:
A close friend of mine is prescribed 30mg daily, 20XR followed by 10IR, that dosing schedule is rarely followed, though. Usually it is less. When it comes to using dextroamphetamine for doing homework and other ADD-related issues, more isn't always better.

After a certain point, it becomes more euphoric and "recreational drug like" and you just want to party or get lost in wikipedia, or in my case, get lost in bluelight.

And in regards to the above post, I'm yet to meet somebody who uses amphetamines on a regular basis, prescribed or unprescribed, who doesn't like the downers as well. If it is just 1mg or so of clonazepam to bring the edge off speeding on Dex all day.

I get 60mg Dexedrine, 20mg Adderall, and 1mg Klonopin daily.
I take 15-7mg, 10-5mg, and .25-.5mg a day.

The rest I am saving for when insurance goes away. Adderall was the best for me, Dexedrine feels so weak and lame, I like it as an ER just cause I won't crash from the Adderall. It is not a good ADD drug, its a good drug if you don't have shit to do and wanna play Halo Reach with your friends, but if you have homework, its shit, you will just jack off for hours like many Vyvanse users.

I have real ADD, and the thing that cures it for a while is some 2C-E (I take it once or twice a week).
I take that shit and its like I can think straight 'cause fuck these "daily drugs".
All they do is reinforce a habit, whatever you had, ADD drugs make you more dedicated to whatever you do, benzos make you stop caring, and stuff like weed gets you high. They don't change you, but psychedelics do, which is why I love them.

If you can't get them, writing a list of stuff to do for the day really really fucking helps, more than any other drug.
You say the DUMBEST shit sometimes kid. I have real ADD so psychedelic drugs help me totally...psh. yeaaa. Adderall is OK, Spans are better, Ir tabs are not AS good as Spans but they are easier to control.

I know someone that was prescribed 30mg IR of adderall/3 times a day.

How fucking crazy is that shit?!?!!!

I do. About 20-30mg per day. I don't use it to get high, though, unless it's a combo.

rooster.jpg

What's the max dosage of dextroamphetamine ER? I currently take 60mgER daily?? Curious...thanks

What is the max dosage on dextroamphetamine ER? I currently take 60mgER daily? Curious...thanks

I would just like to say that you are full of shit K'd...Ive been prescribed six 15 mg spansuals a day for over 10 years now so don't use that word never!!! assmunch..

I have a question or need to know if I'll be ok...the past 5 days I've been taking dextroamphetamine IR started with 30mg worked up to 70mg...then switched to dextroamphetamine ER...and have been at 75mg last couple days..I have 8 of the ER left and want to stop...what's the best way? Could turkey?...and will I be ok?...or take 1 1dextro 15mg every other day?... help anyone please...and thank you

Last edited: