• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dexedrine users

i would be personally afraid to bring up Desoxyn to my psych. unless i have been his patient for a long time, steadily been on a medication and not asking to change a lot, or being a hassle. I mean my shrink now, and former ones Rxed me Dexedrine no problem without looking in the sky thinking about it my onee shrink had her hands folded and said "sure we can try dexedrine, nonchantly " and boom i had it. but as far as valium goes, IDC what anyone says 10mg of valium is = to 1mg kpin/xanax

No 10mg Diazepam = 0.5mg Clonazepam. I was switched because I'm detoxing from the clonazepam slowly. Doctor looked it up. I was on 1.5mg and switched to 30mg diazepam.

I think he mentioned that he has been with his doctor for awhile. At least that is what I've read. I have personally switched from many different ADD meds at many doses and I was switched to Desoxyn.

in my 10 years of experience with benzos, from skyrocket tolerance, from stopping to zero tolerance, i've taken .5 of xanax with minimal effects, while i taken 10mgvalium and had gotten alot more loopier. same with klonopin, i find 1mg to be just as euphoric as 10mg valium....some doctors r just stupid, my doctor once looked in his book when he was dextoxing me off of xanax, i was down to 3.5mg's a day, and he figured he'd look on his book on his laptop and switched me to .5 klonopin in replacement 2x a day of 3.5mg xanax a day then hes like "right here" when switching off xanax, please start patient with.5 klonopin 2x daily" boy i felt W/d's

in my 10 years of experience with benzos, from skyrocket tolerance, from stopping to zero tolerance, i've taken .5 of xanax with minimal effects, while i taken 10mgvalium and had gotten alot more loopier. same with klonopin, i find 1mg to be just as euphoric as 10mg valium....some doctors r just stupid, my doctor once looked in his book when he was dextoxing me off of xanax, i was down to 3.5mg's a day, and he figured he'd look on his book on his laptop and switched me to .5 klonopin in replacement 2x a day of 3.5mg xanax a day then hes like "right here" when switching off xanax, please start patient with.5 klonopin 2x daily" boy i felt W/d's

Replacing you with 1mg Clonazepam from 3.5mg Alprazolam...that would cause withdrawals! That is a big drop. The two of them are equally as potent when it comes to switching from one to the other.

As for switching you from 0.5mg Alprazolam to 10mg diazepam. That is a correct switch, regardless of how one may have "felt" more potent. Just because diazepam made you "loopier" means nothing as far as potency. How sedating one benzodiazepine is to another doesn't regard it as the more potent of the two.

then im getting a big miscommunication when people talk about dosing a different benzo and how much to take to get the same effect from the other benzo, for example "i just got some Temazepam 30mg capsules, i usually take 4mg of xanax to get nice, how much Temazepam would i need to equal that of 4mg xanax to feel nice" you get what i mean thats my confusion i got from everyone,

yeah tell me about it, it was my suboxone doctor who did this, i told him i had a 10mg a day xanax habit, he originally was reducing me by .5 a week, but office visits were $100, so i guess thats the price i pay, and that was working great, actually i felt like .5 decrease he did on purpose to collect my payments everyweek and slowed down the reduction of my habit, eventually my dad suggested klonopin to me as it lasts longer and ill get the same MG amt, which i figured too, but nope didnt work, when i got down to 3.5 a day he just looked on an E-book on his laptop and read off what it said "when switching off of xanax please use klonopin" (something of that sort) , and he disregarded or was to nieve to know the dose equivilancies proper for me, so he gave me .5 2x a day, ridicolous move on my part. i ate that 2 week supply of klonopin bottle in a day or two....went back to buying my shit off of friends ..almost got off the shit

Last edited:
then im getting a big miscommunication when people talk about dosing a different benzo and how much to take to get the same effect from the other benzo, for example "i just got some Temazepam 30mg capsules, i usually take 4mg of xanax to get nice, how much Temazepam would i need to equal that of 4mg xanax to feel nice" you get what i mean thats my confusion i got from everyone,

Potency charts are simply used for switching benzodiazepines to prevent withdrawals. So if you were to switch from 4mg Alprazolam to Temazepam, judging by the charts, it would take 160mg to be at an equivalent dose. I couldn't tell you how much it would take to make you 'feel nice', you'd have to find out for yourself. The problem is that Temazepam is a powerful hypnotic and a mild anxiolytic while Alprazolam is the exact opposite. Some people prefer potent anxiolytics and other prefer potent hypnotics to make them 'feel nice'.

I will just talk to him be honest about my dosing feelings. I almost think when we got off the phone he said take 3 5mg 3x times a day after I said I know the fda for children is 60mg. He just said thats all he could do. I really will bring it up and I really am going to get temazepam for night time its a must and has been on my list for fucking months. Its the only benzo that I can take and the half life is so short and it doesn't leave me groggy in the morning unless I took 120mg which I wouldnt go over 30mg for sleep. And I kinda wanna do 2mg Ativans 2twice a day if needed but def once instead of klonopin but I still think for long term anxiety klonopin is best. I dunno if I should ask about desoxyn or not. Its funny you mentioned how you got it because thats how I got dexedrine so I dunno if I wanna use that line because its not true. I really did hear about dexedrine from a friend and he swore by it and now I do. I will settle for 40mgs my bottle just may be out sooner. I'm sure he will work something out with me if he knows more detailed experience about my thoughts on this drug, and how great its been. I think he would do Desoxyn because well I wouldnt abuse it. I just dunno how to go saying it or if I would even like it.

Like today I could have used like 80mgs. I have a big tolerance and everyone who takes stimulants seems to say that but------I do infact have a large one.

more advice kd out my boy if you could. You seem to may be in a same boat as me in a way..I want to know more on the desoxyn feeling compared to dexedrine. I dont wanna ruin a good doctor that doesnt know about my past drug history which no longer exists outside of weed and the methadone clinic which said that its fine its personal business if I dont want to tell. I would but I feel if he knows.....no more....and that would just suck because he seems like he wants to help just doesn't want to get in any legal issues.

Im currently Prescribed Dexedrine Spansules 15mg. I had to go to 8 pharmacies to find them in stock, it was a hassle. The most i take to feel euphoria off of it is about 60mg, which lasts about 15 hours, and YES i crush the beads to kill the time release, i'm not exaggerating either about how long i feel high either.

As far as you taking 80mgs are you talking bout Adderall or Dexedrine? I strongly reccommend not to take 20mg's of Adderall 4x a day as that is ALOT of adderall to take, unless you have a tolerance; which will only get worse anyways, no psychiarist will RX 20mg 4x a day, in my experience and knowledge. I believe 60mg is the maximum they prescribe. But i take 60mg of Dexedrine in the morning. Make sure you eat, drink alot of water and sleep, im at the point where i have an appetite now so i make sure to keep healthy, i may not feel euphoric as i want to be, but i feel pretty good everyday, thankfully Dexedrine doesn't have the L-isomer, so therefore i do not experience any negative side effects like crash, physical tension, violent mood swings, etc...if i were to take 60mgs of Adderall in the morning, boy would i be a mess and a half...tweaked out and paranoid out the ass from adderall.

do yourself a favor, only if it's a problem, lower your dose of Adderall, and try to switch to Dexedrine/Dextrostat, the duration is longer and you won't feel tweaked out, i know Adderall is 75% Dextro-Amphetamine so i heard but the other 25% is what causes all that bullshit neagtive side effects, and u said it only lasts 6 hours, sounds like your tolerance is building up...thats weird adderall and dexedrine mostly are the same ingredient and im feeling good twice as long as 6 hours or more, and i used to be a speed freak back when i was younger. i take 60mgs every morning dexedrine, i dont increase, i dont snort, i do it consitantly and make sure i eat, drink, and sleep too..and i still everyday feel good...i wouldnt reccommend dosing 4 times a day, just try to dose all in the morning, or half your dose in the morning, and half your dose in the afternoon. sorry if im rambling on..lol

ya babe i like dexedrine instead of adderall, its like adderall of course but minus the crash.. im going to get on it for work/school/and around the house to keep up with our lil boy & to cook clean & ect...

it's ridicolous how doctors prescribe adderall to 8 year olds, i know a girl who is 10 years old and is on 20mg of adderall IR...90lb girl....do these doctors realize how potent, strong and the harmful side effects can be to a growing kid, especially a female and the menstrual cycle? Not to mention these young kids will "crash" as we call it when the medicine wears off and them or the parents not knowing why they are acting up during the crash "period" and the doctors, stupid as they are would believe they need an increase of they're dosage, making the situation worse, i know it's off topic, but now that i look back when i was 13 on ritalin, mentally i went through hell and back from the side effects and how i felt..alone, like i wasnt normal, which led to insecurities, and being a drug addict as i am now, at 24yrs old, my 2 cents,.

anyone agree with this?

<3 i believe u might be talking about my baby sister who is actually 11 not 10 silly, but yea her & my little brother who is 13 have been on adderall since they were in elementry school back in our hometown pasadena,tx... but yea babe i agree i think its not good for them to be on it but thats what the doctors procribed & thats what they take every morning b4 school..:p

I get 270 Dexedrine a month 5mg 9 a day for now. I also got a prescribed restoril 15mgs, but I lowered my klonopin to basically a pill a day then restoril at night. It's always good having 2 benzos on hand and today I dunno just over it. I think I'm good on the dexedrine until my refill. I may try an adderall tomorrow maybe I do need the levo amphetamine because just dextroamphetamine, seems to only work once. The first initial dose and the boosters seem like wastes. I don't get it at all it annoys me. I have shit to do and I can't but will get this work done on a very not so foxused level. so far dexedrine has shown me its side effects to. I dunno whats in these 5mg barrs but theres a bit gross tbh. Not as gross as adderall but something isnt right about this shit?

well a lot of people are under the isconception about these equvalency charts then, if thats the case, all i know is, on another occasion my sub doctor was weaning me off of 4mg of xanax per habit, and in exchange started the decrease to 10mg 3x a day and 5mg at night, the next week, 10mg 3 x a day, so forth so one, if it wasnt the case as i mentioned "to feel good" .5 xanax did nothing really when 10mg valium did, then whats the point of the equivlanecy charts? obviously if 1mg of xanax 4x a day is what it took for my anxiety relief or in my other words "to feel good? i think i would of felt withdrawl is my doctor exchanged 1mg xanax to 10mg valium to decrease since all these charts claim 10mg valium=.5 xanax....IDK my personal experience i know alot of people agree 10mg valium is more potent than .5 xanax...just my two cents and im donnee talking about as im sure u are "equivalent doses" i had no problems when my doc gave me 10mg valium in replacement of 1mg xanax to switch and wean off, he has been in th eMD practice for over 30 years and is a believer himself about 10mgV==1mg Xanax...not saying im going by his WORD, but in addition throughout my 10yrs experience with benzos, from addiction to diff benzos, taperings, diff. subsitutes used.. etc....blah

I have 10 years of experience with benzodiazepines also and been threw many tapers. Recently I was weened from 1mg Clonazepam to 20mg Diazepam and then 0.5mg to 10mg Diazepam and now I'm on 5mg. It worked for me perfectly. Although now at this low dose I'm experiencing some mild withdrawals but that is only natural. If you felt good with 10mg Diazepam from 1mg Alprazolam then that's good for you. I guess it differs for everybody and different doctors have their own charts.

I am currently prescribed Dextroamphetamine spansules 15mg, twice a day. When I first began taking this med, I experienced euphoria but now I find that to achieve any level of euphoria I need at least 60mg all at once, and the side effects aren't worth it for the 6-8 hours of euphoria. I now take as directed, and sometimes even half the dose depending on my needs for the day. Seems to do the trick. I honestly can't tell much of a difference between Dexedrine and Adderall though, and I am quite aware of the differences in formulation with the d and l isomers. Strangely enough, I have a few friends that have ADD and they all swear that my Dex doesn't help them as much, but I think it is all in their head honestly. If anything, it would only make sense that the Dex would be a cleaner option out of the two, but who knows.
I am also prescribed 2 0.5mg alprazolam for anxiety, and although not always enough, the combo of the two for the most part works well for my social anxiety problems.

the problem with any amphetamines is that after prolongued use, even if u take it as RXed ur gonna lose the euphoria and all the effects that go with it, causing u to increase ur dose..im on dexedrine 15mg spansule once a day and of course i need to take 45-60mg a pop to get kicking in the morning, and the beautiful thing about it for me is i dont feel geeked out where i have to eat my whole klonopin bottle to calm down, and i can still eat and sleep , and still achieve some euphoria, not as great as when i started but i cant complain

im not sure what ur askin here...

i used to take oral dexedrine, i found that after the first few times it was kinda a weak drug, i mean it made me happy and all, but the buzz was mild.
i have only ever had 1 strong speed high, I ate and snorted 25-30mg each way, and i can tell it was a big difference. now im prescribed vyvanse but i use it to counter weed depression and other downers (lol).

its funny cause downers make me dumb but the speed is a large cause of what makes me sarcastic, so i sound like the dumbest person on the planet these days.

i think id be better of without it, but after the crash its nothing serious in oral form, compared to some drugs that have long after effects. im sure im missing a point cause im also a little drunk and feel burnt out... i didnt even see a real question... basically, dexedrine is an oral form of speed that can be snorted (and yes infecitiently smoked) that has similar effects to speed, causes a bit of anxiety, possibly increased heart probs if you have susceptible to them.

oh my prescribed dose of dexedrine was in 5mg tablets, i think one or two a day, and now for vyvanse its 30 or 50. truth is, i use speed for actual help cause weed and other drugs have taken my concentration and made me always tired, but the crash is unpleasant and like i said, makes me sarcastic and i can deal with the anxiety (definitely is nothing compared to real drugs).
and really, lets cut the bull, i use it for 75% fun and 25% help.

30-40mg of dexedrine oral is the ceiling for me, beyond this it doesn't add much. Makes me feel happy, less negative thoughts, and visually it has similarities to a very mild psychedelic high, sharp vision etc, nothing great. I talk too much, branch out a ton, and get layers and layers of self-analysis when i take a bit too much.

Last edited:
Lord, what are these real drugs you speak of? Why do you keep using that ridiculous term, it's like you're trying to glorify extreme drug use and think you're the only cool kid on the block. Even if I were to follow your silly logic, how is amp not a real drug?

Most people that say stuff like that are just complete morons, but your post has value to it so my anger changes to confusion. You don't seem to be trying to brag so I just don't get why you'd think like that. If you just used the term without thinking bout it I wouldn't be so bothered, but I've seen you post in other threads and you really came off as trying to be a cool kid.

Last edited:
Lord, what are these real drugs you speak of? Why do you keep using that ridiculous term, it's like you're trying to glorify extreme drug use and think you're the only cool kid on the block. Even if I were to follow your silly logic, how is amp not a real drug?

Most people that say stuff like that are just complete morons, but your post has value to it so my anger changes to confusion. You don't seem to be trying to brag so I just don't get why you'd think like that.

Amp is a real drug and so is dexedrine. But since more than half the people don't consider weed a real drug, I think injected amp is the only 'real' way. But obviously amp and sex are real drugs abs u are right to trust me as I used to be REALLY smart be4 the drugs.

Just so we're on the same page here, I use amp just to mean amphetamines, which is what both dexedrine and meth are.

I've never IVed anything just cause I hate hate hate veins and blood and all that, I get shakey just thinking bout veins usually and I don't think shooting up would work out so well for me. Smoking is as far as I go for that reason :-\

Last edited:
Just so we're on the same page here, I use amp just to mean amphetamines, which is what dexedrine is.

I've never IVed anything just cause I hate hate hate veins and blood and all that, I get shakey just thinking bout veins usually and I don't think shooting up would work out so well for me. Smoking is as far as I go for that reason :-\

I forgot about smoking. Anyway i was thinking of dex as oral/snort because of how inefficient it was. But vyvanse is the only one which must be taken oral. As far ad I know. Drunk mistake my bad

Yeah I don't smoke dex lol, I meant smoking is as far as I go in general with meth and such. You didn't make a mistake, smoking dex is silly.

Btw I often edit my posts after making them and you keep posting right as I make my final changes lol.