• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Dexedrine users

BananasAndOranges

Bluelighter
first of all Lacey K I dont think I had special privs, dont assume and be rude! im sorry if i came off as if i think i could post wherever but i thought thats where it belonged sorry im fucking retarded lacey. thanks for making me look like an asshole who doesnt know shit

ON that note I want to know how many of you on here take Dexedrine, and whats your cureent prescribed dose, and the most you would take I ask because I just moved from addy 30mg xrs which sucked and lasted for 6 hours for me. If that.

I feel like 80mgs is where I need to be 20mgs 4 times a day but def 3 but 4 would be better. I want to say I'm not trying to get high either i would continue adderall if I wanted a teaked out high and that its been the best add med I've tried and dont want to switch to any other med.

Im currently Prescribed Dexedrine Spansules 15mg. I had to go to 8 pharmacies to find them in stock, it was a hassle. The most i take to feel euphoria off of it is about 60mg, which lasts about 15 hours, and YES i crush the beads to kill the time release, i'm not exaggerating either about how long i feel high either.

As far as you taking 80mgs are you talking bout Adderall or Dexedrine? I strongly reccommend not to take 20mg's of Adderall 4x a day as that is ALOT of adderall to take, unless you have a tolerance; which will only get worse anyways, no psychiarist will RX 20mg 4x a day, in my experience and knowledge. I believe 60mg is the maximum they prescribe. But i take 60mg of Dexedrine in the morning. Make sure you eat, drink alot of water and sleep, im at the point where i have an appetite now so i make sure to keep healthy, i may not feel euphoric as i want to be, but i feel pretty good everyday, thankfully Dexedrine doesn't have the L-isomer, so therefore i do not experience any negative side effects like crash, physical tension, violent mood swings, etc...if i were to take 60mgs of Adderall in the morning, boy would i be a mess and a half...tweaked out and paranoid out the ass from adderall.

do yourself a favor, only if it's a problem, lower your dose of Adderall, and try to switch to Dexedrine/Dextrostat, the duration is longer and you won't feel tweaked out, i know Adderall is 75% Dextro-Amphetamine so i heard but the other 25% is what causes all that bullshit neagtive side effects, and u said it only lasts 6 hours, sounds like your tolerance is building up...thats weird adderall and dexedrine mostly are the same ingredient and im feeling good twice as long as 6 hours or more, and i used to be a speed freak back when i was younger. i take 60mgs every morning dexedrine, i dont increase, i dont snort, i do it consitantly and make sure i eat, drink, and sleep too..and i still everyday feel good...i wouldnt reccommend dosing 4 times a day, just try to dose all in the morning, or half your dose in the morning, and half your dose in the afternoon. sorry if im rambling on..lol

Im refering to 2 10mg dexedrines 4 times a day but 3 times for sure.

it seems to be my theraputicc dose and lasts as long as adderall did...adderall lasted 6 hours the high but the stimulation was always there just never a good focused one.

I will only be consuming dexedrine. I just want to know what everyone takes....How many Dexedrine read title lol

I'm currently prescribed Adderall but as for Dexedrine, I was prescribed it for probably 4 years in the past, switching from spansules to immediate release. The max dose I took was 45mg for both variations.

As for maximum daily dosages, doctors are supposed to prescribe no more than 45mg dextroamphetamine and no more than 60mg Adderall immediate release/30mg extended release. However some doctors will cross the line and prescribe a little more for some people I imagine. They did for me and prescribed 80mg Adderall for a long while.

BananasAndOranges, you will never be prescribed 80mg of Dexedrine, special case or not. I wouldn't expect more than 45mg.

Well I see a lot of people prescribed both adderall and dexedrine kd out in az. In what seemed to be ungodly amounts on the add forums...I just feel its right for me....I will maybe consider a 15mgs apsule and then 3 10mg instant releases when I need a boost becasue the focus doesn't last long enough and its been the main problem with my life lately. I know 80mgs is high but what about someone taking 1 30mg adderall ir 3 times daily like I was at one point, or 2 20mg adderalls twice a day and 1 10mg dexedrine.....to me that seems unreasonable.......I think 80mg just lasts me as long as I need it to maybe 60, is a lot more reasonable and I could live with 60 but theres days I do need more than that. I don't abuse my shit and I never want any doctor or anyone to think that. I take my meds as prescribed. I take 5mgs right now everytime few hours. It works for a few more than ill do a 10 and then ill be done because in the mornign for me its a struggle and 30mgs seems to wake me up and make me alert ready and focused for class. I guess 80mgs is high but I dunno. I want help and this is how I want to go with it. Adderall, like my doctor asked why now after 5 years well I never liked it. It was just something I basically got addicted to and in gradeschool I switched to cr because I didnt have to go see the nurse twice a day that way. Suggestions are welcome. Im open minded and want to know more about the drug because I just started and have only been reading.

You're right thoiugh kd out in az he will probably just stop me at 60, 20mgs 3 times a day. and I could live with that. I hate adderall but it has a kick I need and I think for that dose I may need an extra kick in xr 15mg addy form. I dunno. I hate adderall but mainly the dose I was taking. I really just want to0 stick to what I have found and like Dexedrine only.

Doctors will prescribe a little more adderall than 60mg/ day. My ex was prescribe 2.5 30mg IR (75mg) daily, but she has been on adderall for over 10 yrs. As for Dexedrine, I have no clue.

Oh sorry, I didn't mean to say that I was prescribed both Adderall and Dexedrine, I meant to say that in the past for 4 years I had been taking Dexedrine but now I'm taking Adderall...not on top of it. I've never heard of friends or people on this site (like when I asked what meds everyone took) who were prescribed both Adderall & Dexedrine at the same time. Nor have I had any of my many psychiatrists recommend or allow both of them at the same time. They would switch back and forth but that is it.

Yes, being prescribed a little higher than maximum dose is one thing but 80mg dextroamphetamine sounds excessive for a doctor to prescribe. "POSSIBLY" a doctor may prescribe you 60mg if they think you REALLY need it but I wouldn't expect anymore. I'm not saying that "I" think that those doses are excessive, in fact those doses would work just fine for me, I'm just talking about the doctors.

What dose are you prescribed right now?

I was prescribed adderall and dexedrine many times. The reason was because I was trying to figure out which one helped more, they weren't meant to be taken at the same time, but it was just for convenience.

Now I feel bad for not mentioning that was probably the wrong spot to post before...

it's ridicolous how doctors prescribe adderall to 8 year olds, i know a girl who is 10 years old and is on 20mg of adderall IR...90lb girl....do these doctors realize how potent, strong and the harmful side effects can be to a growing kid, especially a female and the menstrual cycle? Not to mention these young kids will "crash" as we call it when the medicine wears off and them or the parents not knowing why they are acting up during the crash "period" and the doctors, stupid as they are would believe they need an increase of they're dosage, making the situation worse, i know it's off topic, but now that i look back when i was 13 on ritalin, mentally i went through hell and back from the side effects and how i felt..alone, like i wasnt normal, which led to insecurities, and being a drug addict as i am now, at 24yrs old, my 2 cents,.

anyone agree with this?

Last edited:
Yeah it pisses me off too, I was also pretty much forced on ADD meds when I was young. I was really skinny back then and it had some terrible side effects on me and I was never aware of what was going on. There is really no reason to prescribe this shit to kids, middle school is not serious business, let them fucking be.

To the OP, I'm currently just prescribed 10 mg Dex IR and 70 mg Vyvanse. I don't use them often anymore and I just use them however I please. I would personally avoid the Dexedrine Spansules and get Vyvanse.

Last edited:
It pisses me off also! I was put on Ritalin when I was 12 years old and I was very skinny, crashing all the time and felt like a zombie on occasion. I didn't understand why I felt this way. I had no information whatsoever of what I was on. I was forced also. In 6th grade my teacher said that if I didn't see a doctor and go on meds she would kick me out. I've been on them ever since. I wonder sometimes about who the person I'd be if I never were put on them.

Kd out n az I am currently to take 2 doses of 10mg 3 times a day. its just close but lacks still

Like I sadi I know I shouldn't because it could trigger a drug abuse problem but I take 6 in the morning and 5mgs usually 5 more times in the day and I feel so close to a good dose. I call my doctor tomorrow to let him know because he wants to work on my dexedrine first he says. I like higher doses. I hope its not deadly toxic but it just is the only way dexedrine will work for me, and dexedrine is the only one that works and im n ot sticking vvyanse in me fuck that shit. i know its kinda the same thing but Im done trying stuff. I know what my body likes and how it reacts. I know you know what I mean kd out n az. He said He wanted me to call btw incase i need to pick up prescriptions ...... thats the only reason he wants me to call so I think he knows what hes doing. I tried ritalin like I said when I was little and a bunch of other shit that fucking scared me so i had to stop it and got stuck with adderall.

:|

I will also say I'm only down with IR because The ONLY way the XR Addys ever worked not so shitty is when I crush the beads up and it makes me feel like I'm technically abusing it and I just hate it. I know its weird. Dexedrine seems to be saving my life on high doses.

ALSO for the past 3 days know I have been able to hold off on ANY benzos until about 7 or 8. I used to never be able to go longer than right when I woke up lol, and for some reason it holds me.......It seems like Dexedrine takes my edgy anxiety off and works like its supposed too. I'm sorry if I sound stubborn But I stand by Dexedrine.

Last edited:
im n ot sticking vvyanse in me fuck that shit

It isn't just kind of the same thing, it is the same thing. It's the same as being fed a constant dose of Dexedrine throughout the duration, basically a way better version of a XR, it's the exact same thing you're doing with the IR.

It was a pain in the ass to find a pharmacy that had it in stock but I get 30mg daily. Way cleaner than adderall and I find if I were to compare doing 80mg of adderall I would have a headache and all those nasty side effects that come with it. Dexy almost seems laid back in comparisson but it feels like less because you aren't feeling geeked out.

Kd out n az I am currently to take 2 doses of 10mg 3 times a day. its just close but lacks still

Like I sadi I know I shouldn't because it could trigger a drug abuse problem but I take 6 in the morning and 5mgs usually 5 more times in the day and I feel so close to a good dose. I call my doctor tomorrow to let him know because he wants to work on my dexedrine first he says. I like higher doses. I hope its not deadly toxic but it just is the only way dexedrine will work for me, and dexedrine is the only one that works and im n ot sticking vvyanse in me fuck that shit. i know its kinda the same thing but Im done trying stuff. I know what my body likes and how it reacts. I know you know what I mean kd out n az. He said He wanted me to call btw incase i need to pick up prescriptions ...... thats the only reason he wants me to call so I think he knows what hes doing. I tried ritalin like I said when I was little and a bunch of other shit that fucking scared me so i had to stop it and got stuck with adderall.

:|

I will also say I'm only down with IR because The ONLY way the XR Addys ever worked not so shitty is when I crush the beads up and it makes me feel like I'm technically abusing it and I just hate it. I know its weird. Dexedrine seems to be saving my life on high doses.

ALSO for the past 3 days know I have been able to hold off on ANY benzos until about 7 or 8. I used to never be able to go longer than right when I woke up lol, and for some reason it holds me.......It seems like Dexedrine takes my edgy anxiety off and works like its supposed too. I'm sorry if I sound stubborn But I stand by Dexedrine.

2 doses of 10mg 3 times daily so isn't that 20mg x3 ?...that would be 60mg. I wasn't aware that you were already prescribed that high of a dose. None of my many doctors in the past would ever prescribe me that high of a dose. I always require the highest dose possible also. I have tolerance to all ADD meds so if I switch from one to the other it needs to be the maximum daily dose. The only ADD med that the doctor allowed a higher than maximum dose was with Adderall and that was 90mg/daily. (I mentioned 80mg, I meant 90) 45mg Dexedrine = 60mg Adderall, so 90mg Adderall = 60mg Dexedrine so I suppose a doctor would possibly prescribe that to a limited amount of people.

I never liked Vyvanse either. Have you ever tried Desoxyn? If you like Dexedrine than Desoxyn could be a good option for you. Least side effects of any and the effects are subtle like Dexedrine, not tweaky like Adderall. By far the best ADD med I've ever been on. I was taking it for 3 years until, out of nowhere, my psychiatrist said that I should switch to Vyvanse 8) When I denied he said I was probably addicted to the Desoxyn. I complained and said, "well technically I'm addicted to all ADD meds, I've been on them for 14 years, what makes Desoxyn so different?" Switched doctors and he suggested Vyvanse also so I gave in and finally took the jump, didn't like it and eventually wound up back on Adderall again.

But I swear by Desoxyn. I've always compared it most to Dexedrine with 'believe it or not' LESS side effects and tolerance never increases. I was on the max dose of 45mg anyway (15mg x3 daily) but the effects always were the same and never needed more than that dose. Only came in 5mg tabs so I had to take a total of 9 pills though. The problem when first switching though is that it takes 1-2 weeks for the pharmacy to get it in because they don't stock it anywhere. Still an option for future advice.

As for benzos, I feel the same but I've tapered from 8mg Klonopin within the last year and now I'm down to... 2mg Valium twice daily 8o Can you believe that?

Kd out n az give me advice I have to go see my doc tomorrow he said the highest hell go is 40 fucking mgs and I said I thought it was 60 and he said that's just what I do. Is desoxyn better and does it last longer man I want fucking help and not run out of my script early because I need that shit for a seriouis medical condition. How often is desoxy prescribed and could I still get it today and what would be my argument. I seriously need no less that 60mg dex a day. Adderall helped me more than 40mgs of dex kind of i am freaking out now. I would like to maybe get an adderall ir with my first am dose does that sound reasonable if all else fails? I also am going to ask if I can get .5mg kpins 2 times a day instead and then 30mg of restoril at night because the klonopin makes me to groggy and hard to wake up of a morning. This sucks but hopefully he will help me and know I'm different and my body different and I need a lot of dexedrine

well im just starting back up on ADD meds, my psych pretty much let me pick what med to be on based on what i said i was on in the past, so i blurted out Dexedrine 20mg, he went in a little book and looked and said "i dont see them in 20mg. but i give you 10mg take two in morning" after a little talking he gave me Dexedrine 15mg spansule once daily. whats the highest spansule dose? i plan an increase next month the 15th when i see him...? i love dexedrine im so calm on it and not jittery like adderall, or crash at all, same euphoria, and i can fall asleep ifi wanted to...i believe the duration is longer and i crush the beads, odd isnt it that adderall is mostly D-amphetamine but i get a longer duration off of dexerine? i was on Dextrostat on time, the IR tablets, didnt like them, one bit, they were the 10mg tablets and real big, so way to many binders and stuff in it, the spansules are more potent form of the D-amp salt im guessing, but its cool that my doc gives me a 90 day supply script, but at the same time i go through the script in less then 90 days as i take 60mg every morning and crush it into IR form....sometimes 45mg, all depending, but i dont go overboard on them, i still have my appetite to eat, sleep and no mood swings or crash...boy when im completely out i do go through "amphetamine withdrawl" i literally have NO ENERGY and i sleep all day, or if i wake up to go somewhere ill have those 5min intervals where i fall asleep, only downside effect!

Last edited:
As you can read I am looking for help not euphoria. You sound like you take them for different reasons. I got shit to do. Everybody has shit to do. I do NOT function without an amphetamine. I'm weird if I do that. I called my doc like I said and Im meating a bowl of chilli lots of crackers and ugh I dunno. Maybe I need to use my choice of words better so he can understand my schedule and my concentration/focus. I'm pretty sure I did that last time. I know Adderall is in no way shape or form for me. I would stay on Dexedrine at 40mgs if Thats what he wanated and I had to and he mentioned the 10mg pills on the phone, but Some days I will need spares. I will get temazepam tomorrow because I do not wake up even with over 10 alarms on my phone and loud one with klonopin before bed, but I hate doing methadone, klonopin, AND fucking a form of speed. Too much for the hears. I dunno what is best. I'm really thinking ativan and Temazepam for night but def def def temazepam.

I want to ask for Desoxyn or bring it up as it would focus me a lot more after reading a bit about the medication, thing is though, I don't want to give up something I found already that I love and have no issues and it actually resolved some. Maybe it would do more but I still wouldn't know how to go about bringing that up or convincing him its ok I Have been on stimulants for add for 10 years and I read about everything before I take it and the effects. I would also not want to make him think anything bad of me so I think I will hold off on that for a few months I'll ask what other options are if he wont go to atleast 50mgs....

My doc seems like a nice guy only met once and talked twice so far, but his little book as the above person mentioned is off. He said his book said that .25klonopin=10mgvalium no joke. We both kinda rolled our eyes and I went back to 1mg Klonopin.

Kd out n az give me advice I have to go see my doc tomorrow he said the highest hell go is 40 fucking mgs and I said I thought it was 60 and he said that's just what I do. Is desoxyn better and does it last longer man I want fucking help and not run out of my script early because I need that shit for a seriouis medical condition. How often is desoxy prescribed and could I still get it today and what would be my argument. I seriously need no less that 60mg dex a day. Adderall helped me more than 40mgs of dex kind of i am freaking out now. I would like to maybe get an adderall ir with my first am dose does that sound reasonable if all else fails? I also am going to ask if I can get .5mg kpins 2 times a day instead and then 30mg of restoril at night because the klonopin makes me to groggy and hard to wake up of a morning. This sucks but hopefully he will help me and know I'm different and my body different and I need a lot of dexedrine

Tell them that the dose is just too low that you can't work with it but your willing to try another medicine that you heard about from someone you know called Desoxyn. He may not be to informed about it, my doctor wasn't, but they will go and look into their booklet they keep with them and see it. Tell him that since you are on close to the max dose of Dexedrine that you would probably need the same *save the dosage statement for last*. Tell him the person you knew on it told you that it has less side effects and less tolerance issues. If your doctor is open-minded he shouldn't bring up too much of an argument if any.

To your other question, it lasts roughly an hour longer than Dexedrine.

I don't want to say it, but I didn't think that he would bring your dose that high. Sorry for the told you so. I know he wouldn't go that high. Too risky on his part because if you have some sort of heart problems it will be his ass because he broke the rules and gave you too much. Lawsuit and loss of his M.D.

i would be personally afraid to bring up Desoxyn to my psych. unless i have been his patient for a long time, steadily been on a medication and not asking to change a lot, or being a hassle. I mean my shrink now, and former ones Rxed me Dexedrine no problem without looking in the sky thinking about it my onee shrink had her hands folded and said "sure we can try dexedrine, nonchantly " and boom i had it. but as far as valium goes, IDC what anyone says 10mg of valium is = to 1mg kpin/xanax