• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Desomorphine (Krokodil) experiences?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am generally not one to tell someone not to use a particular drug, in fact I think this right now is the only time I ever flat out told anyone that they should not take a particular drug. In Russia where it's from, a lot of other countries, and even some cities in the US where this is around you can get codeine cough syrup and that's what the krokodil is made from. I know this may be a stupid question, but if the cough syrup with codeine was around why do the krokodil addicts not just chug the cold medicine with codeine in it? If they got one with just the codeine and none of the acetiminophen or other potentially toxic drugs I'm sure they could get their fix provided they drank enough of it. I seriously do not get why anyone would use this substance given the wide range of mind altering chemicals someone could find that don't eat away flesh. There are literally thousands, perhaps millions of different substances out there that are psychoactive. Why on Earth would anyone choose to consume this one?

because desomorphine is much more potent than codeine, and if you're and addict (not that I have experience with addiction) I think you'll do anything to get your fix.

but still health > drugs IMHO so you're right (and we're not talking about infections or abscesses, but straight limbs nekrosis!)

because desomorphine is much more potent than codeine, and if you're and addict (not that I have experience with addiction) I think you'll do anything to get your fix.

but still health > drugs IMHO so you're right (and we're not talking about infections or abscesses, but straight limbs nekrosis!)

Well, yeah obviously desomorphine is far stronger, but why risk your health in such an extreme degree when there are other means for an addict to "get their fix"

^^

That's basically the reason why it is taking over Russia. The government is so strict against drugs, there are no methadone clinics, no bupe, no real good means of opiate replacement therapy to get clean. That combined with the fact that heroin is expensive, and it's so cheap to make krokodil from codeine (which is OTC), it's no wonder that so many addicts are turning to that garbage. But the government is content to just let them all die.
Fuck. This depresses me. They are letting us die here too though.

Well, yeah obviously desomorphine is far stronger, but why risk your health in such an extreme degree when there are other means for an addict to "get their fix"
I'm an addict and certainly couldn't ( get my fix) from codien lol that's like someone like me who shoots dope going to drinking codien which wouldn't even take away my wds and codien has a ceiling effect so no matter how much I took I wouldn't be able to get right which I'm sure is te case for many of those poor people

An original Russian paper listed about 20 different impurities and many would not be possible to remove except with more chemistry steps (a hydrogenation seems the only way to fix the 1 I derivative).

WHat is ironic is that DHC would give a much, much larger yield - I wonder if Russian pharmacies or, rather, the (legal) drug makers, will push for DHC. New wave of addicts with a habit x10 bigger....

^^

That's basically the reason why it is taking over Russia. The government is so strict against drugs, there are no methadone clinics, no bupe, no real good means of opiate replacement therapy to get clean. That combined with the fact that heroin is expensive, and it's so cheap to make krokodil from codeine (which is OTC), it's no wonder that so many addicts are turning to that garbage. But the government is content to just let them all die.

The govt could care less aboutaddicts killing themselves over drugs, especially the krokdile killer........

IMO, I think every country in the world will legalize drugs within 20 years but until then, its really hard for strong opiate addicts that can't afford the drugs not to go for something cheaper but dangerous.

Losing limbs or getting clean? Is this even an option? To some it obviously is, so sad.........

^ 20 years do you think? I highly disagree.
Sure Krokodil is bad, but so are the makeshift syringes they use which are dirty, blunt and higher gauge then most of us use. Combined with the short duration of desomorphine means alot of shots per day.

^ 20 years do you think? I highly disagree.

Yeah, I think you are dreaming TLB. I don't see this being the case even in 100 years. In the USA for example, big Pharma will never allow that to happen. Hell, I'd be shocked if weed is even legal in my state (conservative south) within the next 20 years. We are nowhere near even getting medical Marijuana here.

The same reaction with dihydrocodeine and you should get much higher yields. It was used medicallly in Switzerland in the 1950s-1960 but it was realized that it had no advantage over diamorphine which was cheaper.

The same reaction with dihydrocodeine and you should get much higher yields. It was used medicallly in Switzerland in the 1950s-1960 but it was realized that it had no advantage over diamorphine which was cheaper.

Interesting, surprised it hasn't taken off here across the border in Poland. I mean stigma does a lot but there's always going to be curious people, and here at least in my experience DHC is cheaper per milligram than Codeine, and that's not even from the pharmacies themselves.

Even with these impurities, not synthesized properly, surely it's no worth than poorly cleaned Meth - i.e. shit most people wouldn't want in them if they knew, but something people can get away with for a while oral/insufflated/smoked - IV being the big deal that can lead to lost limbs etc.

This stuff sounds like something straight out of an actual nightmare. In fact, when I was around 10, I had an actual nightmare that involved being injected with something by a doctor that made my flesh rot off. Maybe I had a prophecy of this crap or something? Who knows.

;)
yeah I agree^. The fact that there is no filtration process mean's that there shooting up a lot of the industrial compounds and shit.

But what one documentary also said, was that needle exchanges are highly frowned upon as they "encourage drug use" (that's pretty much a direct quote), so alot of those people are also simultaneously infected with HIV, so they have a comprimised immune system and they're are also injecting a solution containing codeine, Desormorphine, from what it sounds like a host of other Desomorphine opioid precurrsors as well as iodine, things like petrol, and fucking red sulphur.

I'm sure you meant red phosphorous ;)

Last edited:
Kerrigan...As Sickboy famously Said... 'Beautifully Fucking Illustrated'.............The powers that be realised that making Heroin Etc... illegal was a necessity..Had it not Happened the world would become a home rather than a prison.

Every Drug Should be made Legal..To me its a simple case of Private Property..My Body...My Property..I do not Remember having to sign my deeds over to the state on the day of my Birth.

I realised Humanity was lost upon watching the documentary Earthlings 2 Years ago..To this day i am and will remain Ashamed to be HUMAN. :(

Where Wolf..Take a Bow...When members of this site start to take the Moral High Ground...Makes one wonder why the hell the Hell they Signed up in the first Place??? It takes IRONY to a different universe altogether. Then Again i will now Contradict myself by claiming Krokadil points to a backward leap on a evolutionary scale.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.