• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Fashion Designers, Seasons, Trends, Models, & YOU.

ah good someone cropped some ugly guy from U2 out of that photo.

ps happy sweet sixteen elle fanning

and 24th birthday kristen stewart

#ariesbitches<3

that's crazy that they have the same birthday. i doubt this is my first year being surprised.

happy birthday, elle!

happy birthday to kristen stewart!

that first photo of naomi is my favorite of the day. she sees the camera.

yeah, Joe, edie is killing it. of the short time i've been following high fashion, the overall aesthetics matching my taste hit a peak toward the beginning. daphne & lindsey. pastel and girl-y. probably in part why i initially decided this shit isn't stupid (in a sense), but i think also just coincidence. the core look as of recent actually does blur gender. not as in crosses over, but like muddles. i don't like it. i don't like leather. i don't like slicked back hair. i don't like this type of androgyny -- where male and female characteristics blur instead of brightly contrast. but i love edie. and she is thriving in this new or reemerging trend.

Last edited:
four pages of naomi+kate @ http://naomihitme.tumblr.com/tagged/Kate+Moss probably already knew that tho.

ah i do like leather and slicked back hair tho lol ;p (karlie on 032c cover instantly comes to mind) all good. my tastes change with the seasons. what ya dig is where im at right now for spring =)

edie i previously mentioned.

Dressing Like The Dickens

Publication: Vogue US December 2013
Model: Edie Campbell
Photographer: Tim Walker

edie-campbell-by-tim-walker-for-vogue-us-december-2013-7.jpg

i was reading "the lies of locke lamora" when i saw these and i remember picturing edie in that sort of world, the leader of a gang of victorian pickpockets. :D

Brooklyn Dandies

Publication: Vogue Italia October 2013
Models: Edie Campbell, Julia Nobis, Ashleigh Good, Ondria Hardin & Antonia Wesseloh
Photographer: Steven Meisel

edie-campbell-julia-nobis-ashleigh-good-ondria-hardin-and-antonia-wesseloh-by-steven-meisel-for-vogue-italia-october-2013.png

this one reminds me of julia from 1984 for some reason...

Last edited:
ah i do like leather and slicked back hair tho lol ;p
i know you do.

i googled "julia 1984" to see if i thought you mean the movie or the book and the top auto-popular search item is "julia 1984 physical description." a physical description doesn't come up.

these are not new and neither is this girl, but a tumblr account i follow is liking her as of late and i'm on board...

BABY+BLUE'S+TANYA++by+ALEXANDRA+SPENCER+Friend+of+Mine+lossless.png

tanya katysheva by alexandra spencer. it's a campaign for label called friend of mine. the campaign has a title. suited, "Baby Blue's."

BABY+BLUE'S+TANYA++by+ALEXANDRA+SPENCER+Friend+of+Mine+logo+lossless.png

i know you do.

i googled "julia 1984" to see if i thought you mean the movie or the book and the top auto-popular search item is "julia 1984 physical description." a physical description doesn't come up.

these are not new and neither is this girl, but a tumblr account i follow is liking her as of late and i'm on board...

BABY+BLUE'S+TANYA++by+ALEXANDRA+SPENCER+Friend+of+  Mine+lossless.png

tanya katysheva by alexandra spencer. it's a campaign for label called friend of mine. the campaign has a title. suited, "Baby Blue's."

BABY+BLUE'S+TANYA++by+ALEXANDRA+SPENCER+Friend+of+  Mine+logo+lossless.png

i opened the page listening to art of noise - moments in love and can't stop staring at those pictures. fucking gorgeous.

eta: more snaps.

[video=vimeo;45622153]http://vimeo.com/45622153[/video]

jena malone is like naked in her video called dead rabbit hopes.

tumblr_n3h89ue2cO1qmj8nto1_500.jpg

tumblr_n3h89ue2cO1qmj8nto2_500.jpg

tumblr_n3h89ue2cO1qmj8nto3_500.jpg

tumblr_n3h89ue2cO1qmj8nto4_500.jpg

she's pretty, the song is eh. it feels so very microphones or something. i'll play it for some art girl while she cuts up the lines of coke so she's comfortable and i can fuck her later.

art girls love shit like that. art boys love fugazi and mogwai. the more you know ;)

jena malone is like naked in her video called dead rabbit hopes.

tumblr_n3h89ue2cO1qmj8nto1_500.jpg

tumblr_n3h89ue2cO1qmj8nto2_500.jpg

tumblr_n3h89ue2cO1qmj8nto3_500.jpg

tumblr_n3h89ue2cO1qmj8nto4_500.jpg

she's pretty, the song is eh. it feels so very microphones or something. i'll play it for some art girl while she cuts up the lines of coke so she's comfortable and i can fuck her later.

art girls love shit like that. art boys love fugazi and mogwai. the more you know ;)

she came into an arcade bar I was at maybe 5 months ago with a couple of guys. she looked fab. she also kicked ass at pacman.

UGH JUST IN TIME FOR THE BLOOD MOON

tumblr_n1z0vyBXey1qfk5vjo1_500.jpg

Alexander McQueen F/W 2014 <3 <3

#witchshit

man i'm like the last three posters in a row and they aren't even that good posts. but the new lana del rey track is out. it's got a snippet of the video as the audio visuals (does that even make any sense?) and it's going to have that guy in it again. tattoo model guy. you know what i'm talking about. the guy who shoves his fingers in her mouth in the blue jeans video. also from video games. great hustle, just being in lana del rey videos.

tumblr_mrb3y3ezpa1sshya9o1_500.png

15 year old Kenickie would have fucked that guy stupid. 25 year old Kenickie, not so much.

by tumblr i do, for better or worse know model tattoo guy lol.

#witchshit

tumblr_mzdd3b1dZW1s7hg3xo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mzdd3b1dZW1s7hg3xo2_500.jpg

NvJEbG2.png

just some randomness to keep it moving. like 2 months till new couture.

started reading "the cuckoo's callling" a 2013 crime fiction novel by J. K. Rowling, published under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith. A brilliant mystery in a classic vein: Detective Cormoran Strike investigates a supermodel's suicide. from aamzon

just started yesterday, early on it says the model was "an adopted mixed-race child" i haven't cast a model for her role yet lol. *sips coffee and thinks...

Last edited:
SIPS COFFEE AND THINKS KENICKIE IS PERFECT FOR THE ROLE?!

i have not read that book, despite my voracious jk rowling reading. i have the casual vacancy which is cruel and vicious and is very "this is england" council estate poverty and sad. it is so fucking cold here in atlanta right now i have to go out and the fur coat is getting pulled from the closet. seriously, 40mph winds and 30 degree windchill. i am so not playing.

tumblr_n3ccqhgdoE1s08edto2_250.jpg
tumblr_n3ccqhgdoE1s08edto1_250.jpg

samuel l jackson is adorable.

antonia thomas is a popular mixed race girl

tumblr_my9rs29jSy1qe4xkro1_250.gif
tumblr_my9rs29jSy1qe4xkro2_250.gif

ruth negga

tumblr_mghg7qrsDi1ql5royo1_500.png

tumblr_lifyruIuXb1qgakeuo1_500.jpg

there are some that i'm missing but i'll think about it later.

nice! is it living up your expectations?

first 45 seconds of "Moments in Love" are hypnotic. jena malone loves Daisies. cool that you found the video of the tanya shoot.

just got back from copping at walgreens. frida g's face is plastered all over the maybelline display. between that and VS, i really like the direction her career is taking.

got this biannual called Papier Mache today. it's tag is "a very cute childrens magazine." it's so cute. reminds me a lot of Lula, only the models are half a dozen years younger. the signature font is almost exactly the same. to the the point that i'll have to compare once my lazyass cares enough. i had figured that the Lula font has to be exclusive. probably is a slight difference.

like the shows, i always think i'll like these kid's fashion magazines. and then always hate because they are awkward and bland. Papier Mache is beautiful. big factor in buying it was that almost every editorial features sunglasses -- "sunnies" in the designer attributions -- and half of them are mercura nyc. there is one photo that i feel epitomizes the issue -- rare -- and i have far exceeded the amount of time i'm willing to look for a shitty digital copy of an image i have in high-resolution print. no substitutes come close. sorry.

not a photoless post...

i found another nastya paging through magazines...

nastya+ditenkova+by+zhenya+bazarova.png

this one is ditenkova or siten. seems to be using both names. she's pretty. facial features of fetal alcohol syndrome. photo by zhenya bazarova. not sure what publication this is from. not the one i found today. she's like a mix of daphne and morgane warnier.

these are from Spur nov. '13 by yasuhisa kikuchi...

Nastya+ditenkova+by+yasuhisa+kikuchi+Spur+November+2013.png

Spur+November+2013+Nastya+ditenkova+by+yasuhisa+kikuchijpg.png

difficult to read what she's wearing. both outfits are class.

oh, and i am not sure if you reblogged it, Kenickie, or if it's just making its tumblr rounds, but saw that mcqueen dress and admired as well. i'd listen to the new lana track if i wasn't i'm too tired to appreciate at the moment. this weekend.

Last edited:
nice! is it living up your expectations?
ah haven't dug in yet. just ate dinner, going to call it an early night and get lost in it this weekend. just looking at the names of contributors, im positive i won't be disappointed.

i have not heard of papier mache. searched for it on tumblr and of course lots of arts&crafts stuffs. checked out the official site for it, makes me want to spoil my niece lol. if i spot it out in the wild i'll buy it for her.

really feel you on "and i have far exceeded the amount of time i'm willing to look for a shitty digital copy of an image i have in high-resolution print. no substitutes come close. sorry." hard to put into words, just holding it (not on an ipad or whatever either!) in print... feels good man =)

first two pages of A Magazine #13 are lindsey for chanel, of course i thought of ya. /me looks for digital. well it's easy to find lindsey for chanel @ http://magazine-photoshoot.blogspot...Wixson-Sasha-Luss-for-Chanel-summer-2014.html shots 2 and 5 are the ones.

i really like dos

tumblr_n4ke654ymS1tw56nbo1_500.jpg

when ya said both outfits are class on those last two (ditenkova or siten) that was my thoughts as well.

enjoy the weekend o/

Last edited:
today was the first i'd heard of it. i hope your niece gets a copy! am paging through it, and, holy smokes, just recognized one of the models. we won't be seeing nastya walk london anytime soon.

yeah, both lindsey and sasha's hair looks great in that campaign. love the bows.

enjoy A Magazine! your weekend as well! not sure what that emoticon means. the face people make when they're wishing it was the weekend on thursday.

I got a belated birthday present from a friend yesterday - Balthus: Cats and Girls by Sabine Leward, all the way from Belgium.

AGH ITS SO GOOD.

So my dirty secret is that I don't even really like art despite working for an arts organization, I don't care one way or another, transformative power of art etc etc you know? I much more partial to the written word if your going to toss around accusations like that. WITH THE EXCEPTION OF - Balthus. I LOVE BALTHUS my fucking god~! At age 10, his cat runs away. so his family friend Rainier Marie Rilke fucking writes the copy for his series of 40 pen drawings called "Mistsou" (the name of the cat.) and publishes it for our young Balthus. can you imagine that shit? Being 10 years old, and published with RILKE? That's not even what got me though. Balthus has always been a family favorite among the women in my family, along with Ganguin. His paints pictures of young malnourished post war french girls and cats. Disturbing, frightening, sadomasochistic erotic images. Images that today MoMA still refuses to show, despite sitting on the painting for over 20 years. Addicting, and I don't know what I'm going to have to do to see a Balthus in real life. I guess go to Paris or New York, what a fucking tragedy.

tumblr_n3b52jFnd71ry4t6no2_500.jpg

Thérèse on a Bench Seat

tumblr_m0e18bnR6n1qghk7bo1_500.png

Thérèse Dreaming

these two images repeat themselves through out media since they were painted in the 1930s. i guess they've been repeating themselves through out time. A lot of people find the cat in 'Dreaming' to be sexually aggressive and threatening (little pink tongue lapping that white milk, matches her underthings etc). Sometimes I just do not have time for art. I won't post the picture of The Guitar Lesson which is the painting MoMA refuses to show since I don't know, its disturbing? Frightening? Confusing? etc.