• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Fashion Designers, Seasons, Trends, Models, & YOU.

dior made all those gifs, at least as i can tell. fashion understands what the internet needs.

there are two magazines that i'm really tempted to buy, but i'm still holding out. why? i don't know, i think they are both quarterly.
SUMMER 2013 so a whole fucking year ago! god i'm off

etncAJN.jpg

i like all the branding for the magazine but fuck i hate quarterly's a lot. i let my last one (laphams) expire.

G6u4jKj.jpg

portraits by liz collins.

1883 is the other one, which besides a piece of graffiti is the images my most reblogged post comes from (several pictures of antonia thomas in american apparel which made american apparel reblog me which as far as I'm concerned should go on my CV.)

i like their photos of sophie turner, maisie's tv show "sister". both girls are stars for forever as far i'm concerned. maisie has an incredible vine. they are both young and protected by an entity which i think is pretty strong to not let them get entirely fucked (HBO). sophie is 16 and maisie is 15, i think.

tumblr_mno46ayiJi1r857ryo1_1280.jpg

in dolce & gabbana by chad burton. an outtake without the red:

tumblr_mvlbvzhwpN1r2x17ho1_r1_500.jpg

Sophie-Turner---1883-Magazine-Photoshoot-2013--03.jpg

sophie-turner-1883-magazine-photoshoot-09.jpg

this white dress is for sure killer. this is the only detail of the top i could find.

10565985716_7073a7c3b6_o.jpg

without plant

10566258993_34a517d4d3_o.jpg

lots of sophie turner. sorry i'm not sorry.

eta: the white dress is alberta ferretti.

Last edited:
soon as i have 66american dollars to blow i will on The Gentlewoman. Fuck these Norwegian Subscription forms tho, what the fuck. For a british magazine. is it french? i don't even know. Otherwise it's 15$ an issue. I don't know anything I'd spend that much money on. 66$ for 4 issues. that's 15.50 an issue for it to be delivered. FUCK. a year is only 2 issues and it's 33$ which is 16.50 an issue. what the fuck.

i'm weeping over here

AHHH JESUS FUCK AMERICAN APPAREL SELLS IT THROUGH THEIR SITE PROBLEM SOLVED OH MY FUCK ITS 400 PAGES LONG! *FAINTS*

there are so few issues i really should have them all. all 8. i need to win the lottery.

Last edited:
sweet photos of the "tv sisters" just a lil' over a week till new season. excited!

(several pictures of antonia thomas in american apparel which made american apparel reblog me which as far as I'm concerned should go on my CV.)
lol. ask em for the hook up on the gentlewoman issues =)

im tryin to cop A Magazine #13 for Spring Summer 2014 curated by Iris Van Herpen. emailing shops on the west coast and they say "We're waiting for the Iris Van Herpen issue to come in. It should arrive any day now. I will email you when it arrives." "I have no idea when it might come in cause it comes from a distribution company that has no real schedule. What I can do though is email you when the magazine does come in."

the struggle =/ argh. why are we part of this generation that can have everything all the time from anywhere and can’t handle a frustration from our consuming power ?

8b8aaed2aad811e397151213a45ad6b9_8.jpg

tumblr_n33che6Wqp1tw56nbo1_1280.jpg

Hanne Gaby Odiele, the cover girl of A magazine curated by Iris van Herpen

Last edited:
A Magazine is a damn sporadic publication. took them well over a year to get issue 12 out. now there's already 13? i like the cover.

trying to find back issues of small, foreign publications is such a bitch.

that first pic of maisie is good.

that pic of maisie has become my internet persona. i think it's the earrings. or the guess maricano top.

here's the mentioned pic of antonia thomas from my american apparel cv.

tumblr_maxfed66IG1qc7tbvo1_500.jpg

^ dang, those eyes... piercing. top/headband feelin very mid century modernish to me. would fit right in loungin at a backyard palm springs cocktail party circa 1959.

A Magazine is a damn sporadic publication. took them well over a year to get issue 12 out. now there's already 13? i like the cover.

trying to find back issues of small, foreign publications is such a bitch.

yea dude... im really tempted right now to over pay for shipping from europe. want it bad.

a few issues of A Magazine i'd love but i guess they are like "collectors" items now with collector prices, talking hundreds...

A Magazine, No. 1 by Maison Martin Margiela (Nov 2004)

$384.99 used (6 offers)
$488.75 collectible (1 offer) 8o

even over a hundred bucks for the rodarte and proenza schouler from a few years back. o well thankfully i really just want no. 13 hopefully be in stock stateside next week *crosses fingers, knocks on wood, prays at lagerfeld altar.

im sure this will sound sacrilegious, but give me the entire back catalog reprinted at an affordable price plz publisher gods.

sharing in back issue pain. Lula issue one and Self Service issue 35 for reasonable prices is just a pipe dream at this point. Lula didn't even have a distributor for the first few issues. just ppl in the publishers network reserving in advance and buying direct. not too many of them are now looking to sell. no idea how I got issue 3 for two digits.

i of course have the rodarte issue you reference though, Joe. one of my most treasured material possessions.

yeah, headband is awesome. what stood out to me when i saw the post this morning. and those eyes.

this is from my phone and at work, so weak text only post.

edit:
lulamag.com says "issue 18 coming soon," so i guess it goes on without leith.

Last edited:
there are scans of thylane's editorial for Jalouse. by stian foss...

thylane+jalouse+Stian+Foss+2.jpg

thylane+jalouseStian+Foss.jpg

the above two are worthwhile. the editorial is overall bland nothing. i was hoping for awesome new thylane content. really i was just hoping this step back into the light wasn't too bright, sending her running back inside. despite that stupid subhead, there isn't much of anything to pick on. no ribs nor knobby knees, she isn't sexualized, infantilized, anything. so cool. long as the next editorial is little dresses. which she doesn't wear a single of in the scans i've seen so far. the collared shirt she's wearing is cute. anne fontaine.

i don't know what these are from and they are definitely not anything new, but the availability of quality digital copies is. natalia by jenny cage and tom betterton...

Natalia+Vodianova+by+Jenny+Gage+and+Tom+Betterton+9.jpg

Natalia+Vodianova+by+Jenny+Gage+and+Tom+Betterton+7.jpg

NSFW:
Natalia+Vodianova+by+Jenny+Gage+and+Tom+Betterton+6.jpg

Natalia+Vodianova+by+Jenny+Gage+and+Tom+Betterton+5.jpg

Natalia+Vodianova+by+Jenny+Gage+and+Tom+Betterton+8.jpg

Natalia+Vodianova+by+Jenny+Gage+and+Tom+Betterton+3.jpg

chanel is all about the tennis shoes as of late...

emily+didonato+chanel+beach.jpg

emily likes. though no more.

i've been liking yumi.

loving Garage Magazine...

"time spent on anything is time worth being redeemed in attention by sharing it. a private process of refinement is simply lost time. the studio as a site of self-reflection and craft is going public; no middle ground or time lapse between production and publicity is necessary. for the audience, what's missing in production quality is supposedly recouped in honesty and personal connection with creators, who's every image poem, song, or status update becomes a chance for direct interaction."

"for the image fundamentalist, art's meaning is inseparably tied to its place of origin through histories or religious significance; that grants the the works its aura. for the image neoliberal, art is a universal cultural product that should be free to travel whoever the market or museums take it."

"our audiences share images and videos initially conceived as artworks in non-art contexts without any concern for authorship, content, or property -- without any particular awareness that they are engaging with 'art' at all."

someone named brad troemel talking with someone named haley mellin. love the concepts they are exploring. actually getting into (whatever we are going to call) post-post modernism. which i think in part is recognizing the potential for communication channels as art. content is seen as a facet; the forum is being recognized as the work. unnerving and exciting.

Last edited:
i'd have no idea of age (well, doesn't look that young) just by going by those Jalouse scans... nice photos. a nasa hat never looked so cool.

natalia by jenny cage is right up my alley. tells a story in just a few photos. the adidas stripped sneakers are a nice touch =)

"which i think in part is recognizing the potential for communication channels as art. content is seen as a facet; the forum is being recognized as the work."
i hear what you're saying. the medium is the message came to mind.

also reminds me of this tumblr http://womenasobjects.tumblr.com/

might edit some stuff in later, still waitin for email for a mag no. 13 and my new running shoes UPS says should arrive today! this is how dope fiends feel waitin for the connect lol =/

I'm just going to dump a couple things I've been holding on to for awhile now because I hate clogging up my likes. Life. I typed life the first time.

Daphne Guinness attending Alexander McQueen's memorial.

tumblr_mjyu21Ptfr1qe866ho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mjyu21Ptfr1qe866ho2_1280.jpg

I have never seen a more mournful outfit in my whole fucking life. The whole thing just screams death. Intense. Hat by Philip Treacy. Cloak by McQueen.

the new St. Vincent is nothing to sleep on. She's awesome.

tumblr_n2e1ukS3w61qz72sno1_500.jpg

photo so shitty. has such potential. scan from a 90s magazine? can't even tell.

tumblr_lasr2xpryy1qzckeno1_500.jpg

Sophia Coppola and Deborah Harry.

I've been coding all day and my eyes are like bleeding.

Daphne Guinness attending Alexander McQueen's memorial.
she hid behind her veil =(

she was friends with isabella blow. Daphne Guinness, a friend of Blow's stated, "She was upset that Alexander McQueen didn't take her along when he sold his brand to Gucci. Once the deals started happening, she fell by the wayside. Everybody else got contracts, and she got a free dress".

dealing with death one after another, same for mcqueen... he lost his mom around the same time.

at isabella's funeral. thousand-yard stare.
Isabella+Blow+Funeral+aADauhi7cxll.jpg

recommend watching this "Blow's close friend Philip Treacy discusses her unwavering kindness and the crucial role she played in discovering and mentoring him"

tumblr_my4nau3rM81qkeybeo1_500.gif

'Splash!', Daphne Guinness by Nick Knight for Iris Van Herpen and SHOWstudio

Last edited:
Is that you, modelskinny?

Are you actually a modelskinny?

Please say yes.

yeah boy. forget TFS, we have a model posting here on bluelight. and now she moderates the forum housing the fashion thread. congrats, modelskinny!

happy birthday, Kenickie!

finally got Self Service issue 40 today. the corner store i pick up at -- yeah, it feels like that; do not understand how nor why they have this magazine selection -- finally got it in. i'm not sure when, as i didn't check once last week in the craziness of work. i was checking the shelves today, shocked that it still wasn't there, when my guy flagged me down and said because they only received one copy he's been keeping it under the counter for me. fuckyeah! and i am quite happy with the cover. my second choice, which is damn good considering that there are at least six different covers for this issue and i only had the odds of one out of.

edie+campbell+for+self+service+40+alasdair+lossless.png

edie looking like joan by mclellan

now i get to open it! if it has the elle fanning miu miu ads, i might cry. Marie Antoinette came via netflix today, which i've been meaning to re-watch. bedtime is in a few hours. decisions.

i hadn't considered what funerals for high fashion figures must look like. appropriately absurd.

who is st. vincent? she or they are playing at this upcoming music festival in chicago that grimes is also playing at. pitchfork. the group that's been doing lolla for years decided we're fed up with the ticket situation, and we're looking for a new festival. i've only got one more in me. the lineup for pitchfork is nobodies though. we decided we'd pick a few and see if they are amazing nobodies, because the tickets are cheap. i'll call st. vincent my research. whenever i get around to youtube or soundcloud-ing it. with grimes and fka twigs being the only i recognize, i'm guessing it won't be right for this crowd.

awesome sofia pic.

pretty white dress, modelskinny. reminding me it's spring.

Last edited:
yeah boy. forget TFS, we have a model posting here on bluelight. and now she moderates the forum housing the fashion thread. congrats, modelskinny!

pretty white dress, modelskinny. reminding me it's spring.

many thanks for the compliments. very happy about the new position and hope I serve you all well.

^ killin it in the sundress!

happy birthday as well kenickie =)

that cover is great, been loving edie since i saw her in a charles dickens inspired spread =) that's dope you're cool with that guy at the shop to hold it for ya.

have never heard of st. vincent. quick youtube... not my cup of tea tbh but fka twigs is dope as fuck. enjoy the flick =)

25 and still alive! thanks friends :)

one of my friends called st vincent "happy radiohead for girls like grimes to listen to." so....?? i want her hair really bad. i've only got the one album though.

rattlesnake & huey newton & birth in reverse are my favorites. in that order.

have spent the past hour just looking at personal/bts photos of kate moss and naomi campbell. can someone just make a tumblr? a well run one with photographer attribution?

this one of naomi tho.

tumblr_mzvhggRCTJ1r9tciko1_500.png

damn

tumblr_mx5dw1oJUD1sipu14o1_500.jpg

tumblr_n1nyuclrd91r9tciko1_500.png

tumblr_m1d2luMtcp1qa9u26o1_500.jpg

i swear i'm almost done

tumblr_mj7psgw7Ct1qaonh9o1_500.jpg

#profilepic