Design Competition v.02 - Desktop Backgrounds!

its fine the way it is...
just an insignificant personal preference of mine, that is all.
:)

hope you enjoy
wallpapersupernatural768.jpg

floormat yer star thingy is sweet!!! nice work. how long did it take you?
i also love dfect's starband, soooo dreamy.

hi dfect* welcome to vpa :D
nice work u got there... but are some of them meant to be tiled because theyre not the right size. but very pretty :D i hope that you post more in here!

didnt take very long, the 3d shape was the most complicated part and that wasnt that difficult at all.. the longest part was messing with it in photoshop.. thanks for the appreciation :)
dfect, that big big black-purple image is beautiful!
[ 03 July 2002: Message edited by: floormat ]

JungleFaerie- i usually center them with black as the background...ill defiently post some more.
thanx for the compliments!

oh heres one more..i think this is starting to be my favorite forum..hehe,if only you could get paid to design wallpapers.
activate.jpg

^^^^^^^
I like it.....a lot.....were the pipes and hoses rendered in 3-d, or were they manipulated photographs? and is that a car's air filter in the left hand upper corner?

nice job everyone i've donwloaded and am using several of these.
I was curious what programs besides photoshop and 3d max were used in your efforts.
thanks

nice work micro :) u just need to work on your text, its just as important as the rest of the image (most people dont seem to grasp that idea)
oh and i use adobe illustrator most of the time :)

Jungle,
That's the hardest part, but I'm working on that. Do you create your own typefaces? I've created a few, but they all suck. I'll keep working on it. I'm picking up a color concepts class this fall. That should help.

ive created two of my own, but theyre more illustrative than usable.