• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Depression after LSD use

I agree. An acid trip is not something to take lightly. It's not like weed. Acid trips always need preparation beforehand or you can reap the consequences.

Next time you trip plan it way beforehand. Setting, people, your mood. Get yourself in better mood and shape.

Just my two cents. Acid is IMO the best drug but also requires the most responsibility.

and this:

Also, good talk on ADs. Total BS and just a big money maker for the big pharma. Exercise has been shown to be more effective than any AD w/o all the insane side effects.

What are AD's? N00b Question to you all probably.

^AD=antidepressant.

Zyggy, I wasn't arguing that antidepressants are complete BS. They're indisputably effective for severe depression and for a number of anxiety disorders. They also appear to be effective, but less so, in mild to moderate depression, though I agree that the side effects may outweigh any therapeutic effect for many people.

I can relate. The thing about acid is that it so blatantly provides insight of yourself and the world around you at that specific period of time, perspective being something that is always altered subconsciously. I got some psychological issues to say the least, and using it when I was down just had dire consequences on my well-being for the following several days. However using it during a good mood will bring insight in a perspective that can make you more content with life, and flaws would be a catalyst for change (if you use acid for reasons to benefit yourself) instead of something to mull over in gloom. I believe this could be one of the reasons acid could be therapeutic or detrimental. It really is a substance to be strongly respected - I could compare it to as if you were contacting a god.

I took acid 7 times in a 3 month period. I still have anxiety from a combination of that overuse and too much marijuana. During the last few months, I've only tripped in combination with other substances. Its been really nice but I'm kind of pushed away from using it on its own.

Don't get me wrong, I still love it. I just tripped too much and my mind still is 100% there. I don't mind though, its just who I am and it didn't make me a mean person or anything like that. I just over think things.

lol btw this is my 420th post.

I actually took LSD my first time because I was depressed and had horrible anxiety. My boyfriend thought it would be a good idea to do so, so that I could open my eyes and see that what I was being depressed about wasn't worth it.

I've used a few times and I can tell you that this is a normal thing to go through. The first time I experienced it was pretty overwhelming and I had lasting paranoia and anxiety for about two weeks. The second time was much more of a "controlled" environment and the vibes stayed positive through the whole the trip. Afterwards I felt lingering good vibes for about a week after. The third time I took a bit too much and was not in a good environment and had a panic episode, the feelings afterwards were very intense. Pre-planning is the most important part of a trip because if you start getting a fragile mindset anything can start bringing you into a bad trip which can have negative lasting emotions. The length of time it takes for the effects to wear off depend on how much disassociation occurs during the trip. Everyone is different but I've noticed that negative vibes tend to "stick" a lot more than the good ones. When you're feeling depressed, focus on the source as much as you can and you might be able to work through whatever is triggering the "relapse".