• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

depersonilization.... Describe yours

I don't really like discussing DP/DR because it takes me back to a terrible place and time.

I know EXACTLY what you guys are talking about.

PLEASE LISTEN:

Mine wasn't going anywhere on it's own. I suffered for years from it. I relate mine to a bad LSD trip but who knows. I was always high on something.

I started taking a medication I read that helped sufferers.
LAMICTAL.
A FUCKING MIRACLE DRUG. Saved my life. It started working quickly and before I knew it I had, 4 years since the symptoms started, turned back into my old self overnight it seemed. Like magic. Beautiful. 6 years later I'm still going strong. I get "episodes" sometimes but with 6 years experience I know they are temp and I am able to work through them.

PLEASE consider trying this I urge you with extreme super seriousnessness (heh) that this nightmare is over thanks to this drug.

OK. New question.

Does alcohol seem to help anyone?

Does it relieve anxiety?
Does it help in that "emotionless" feeling?
How do you feel the next day/week after?

Back when I suffered from this alcohol seemed to exacerbate my DP/DR ten fold...
the next day.

I drank to get drunk at times still because one, I'm young (and was much younger at the time) and I missed having friends and being social and alcohol seemed to help temporarily. If I drank and didn't reach the drunk stage it seemed to make it worse. I am almost DP Free but to this day I don't drink because the nightmare comes back every time I do.

What a weird illness lol

For all the still sufferers my mood symptoms doesn't dissapear 90% until just 2 months ago, (this is 1 year and almost 2 from my initial comedown) so HOLD ON! ok? it happens suddenly. i Keep a diary with all my food and things i use to do. And i did my own research...¿why this happen? ok we are not all neurologist, but we can have some clues, my actual thinking (researching every illness here , symptoms, brain zaps, and so on..) is this a immune response that cause inflammation long term (alzheimer, parkinson, depression are related with this just like example) i started to eliminate some triggers and to add some antiinflamatory nutrients and herbs...and i realized i can feel improvements. i dont it is it just placebo or what but i feel tons better almost normal.

I realized i have a very very bad reaction to some food, meds, and alcohol,weed and so on. For me it seems like i have a high response inmunity system THAT I NEVER HAVE BEFORE, my theory about inflammation makes some sense. Mdma + x )(yes mdma its a hight brain antinflammatory and x probably too) , ssri , and gut bacteria are related with inflammation, some of us have different immunity response to the drug poison attacks (thats why you get a fever suddenly, thats why you get a bad comedown suddenly too) . for me depression, restless legs syndrome (that i had for a while) and bruxism , seems to be the same thing.

If i eat something that my body reacts, my voice change, and everything is a little (every time less) depersonalized.

My actual recipe , anti inflammatory diet, i found here, http://www.rlcure.com/ stop gluten, sugar alcohol and so on. i thing we are under the baseline so you can go up slowly or higher. btw im biochemist, im not a doctor but i have some knowledge in this field. im working too in a neurofeedback device to help brain erase bad motors habits (in my case bruxism that a lot of comedown sufferers get)

i hope this could help somebody, anyway to eat a special way is not goin to do any damage to anybody, but dont expect results suddenly, the natura have a slow way to heal speacially when the problem is in our souls, or heads.

You guys might want to try L theanine capsules. Its a healthy supplement with no side effects which is usually found in green tea. i took it yesterday evening and it fixed my feeling of beeing disconnected from friends/people completely for the whole night. My anxiety faded a lot away, i felt calm and close to 90%. that definetly gives reason to believe its all anxiety. I take 200mg in the morning and 400mg at the evening.

actually l theanine is one of my supplements for being antiinflammatory and for the well being that it gives me, i take green tea wihout caffeine and ltheanine pure to have get the synergetic of a tea with high theanine, and yeah....little by little its doing its work. be safe

You guys might want to try L theanine capsules. Its a healthy supplement with no side effects which is usually found in green tea. i took it yesterday evening and it fixed my feeling of beeing disconnected from friends/people completely for the whole night. My anxiety faded a lot away, i felt calm and close to 90%. that definetly gives reason to believe its all anxiety. I take 200mg in the morning and 400mg at the evening.

Theanine is also what im taking and its def helping since I started about aonth ago. But I can promise u its not an overnight difference like u said. Its gotta be a good day plus the placebo effect.

But yes. Theanine if def good to take. I take the same dosage morning and night as well

For those recovered and all. Ur vision returned to normal?

Code:

Yes. I went from blurry unable to focus, dreamlike vision back to normal vision.
Sweet. Can't wait for that day. When the vision got better did that disassociation lift as well. Or was that separate ?

Sweet. Can't wait for that day. When the vision got better did that disassociation lift as well. Or was that separate ?

My vision is fine. My head is not. How's your cognition lately? Neurofeedback? Working well? Back at work? How long has it been again?

10&1/2 weeks of living hell for me, past 12 and I will count it in months.

My vision is fine. My head is not. How's your cognition lately? Neurofeedback? Working well? Back at work? How long has it been again?

10&1/2 weeks of living hell for me, past 12 and I will count it in months.
Cognition is almost back to normal. Working well. pretty damn happy lately. I'm back to the silly bitch I always was. It just takes time. Its been about 8.5 months now. Or 244 days. Still feel disassociated but I kinda Dont care anymore.

Cognition is almost back to normal. Working well. pretty damn happy lately. I'm back to the silly bitch I always was. It just takes time. Its been about 8.5 months now. Or 244 days. Still feel disassociated but I kinda Dont care anymore.

Sorry, but is the neurofeedback working well? Or are you back at work yet, doing well at that?

Did you ever have insomnia?

Happy to hear you are improving!

Sorry, but is the neurofeedback working well? Or are you back at work yet, doing well at that?

Did you ever have insomnia?

Happy to hear you are improving!
Unfortunatl I can't say if neurofeedback is helping because I'm doing so much as it is that I can't say what one thing does or not. But I can't say it will hurt me. I'm back at work and crazy enough I almost feel like my head is good enough to go back to doing engineering work. Almost. And yeah. I'm working but a new job. Working in a kitchen. I'm changing careers I wanna be a chef.

And yeah. I had terrrrrrrrible insomnia. Its all gone now.

Have you found anyone, other than those of us here at BL who seem to understand what the hell you are going through? Professionals? Friends? I've dug around and found folks with depression, it's helpful thinking that some of these issues might be coupled with the depression and not permanent.

Sweet, changing careers! What happened to engineering? How did you decide to be a chef?

Also, which meds, if any, are you taking? Are they helpful? In what ways?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Have you found anyone, other than those of us here at BL who seem to understand what the hell you are going through? Professionals? Friends? I've dug around and found folks with depression, it's helpful thinking that some of these issues might be coupled with the depression and not permanent.

Sweet, changing careers! What happened to engineering? How did you decide to be a chef?

Also, which meds, if any, are you taking? Are they helpful? In what ways?

Thanks!
Yeah a lot of professionals I've seen are familiar. It all seems treatable.

I've given up on engineering because I realized I needed a change. The chef thing is a long story. I always wanted to be one tho. I'm taking a lot of fish oil and other things. See a nutritionist is what I recommend. Not a general doctor. They will be more familiar with now to supplement for brain improving

Anyone else loose a response to music. I struggle with this every day. And its frustrating. I feel like I lost the one thing I can connect with.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Endorphins are known to play a role in depersonalization disorder. The opioid antagonists naloxone and naltrexone have both been proven to be successful in treating depersonalization.[17][18] To quote a 2001 naloxone study, "In three of 14 patients, depersonalization symptoms disappeared entirely and seven patients showed a marked improvement. The therapeutic effect of naloxone provides evidence for the role of the endogenous opioid system in the pathogenesis of depersonalization."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endorphins#Depersonalization_disorder