• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Depakote?...

I am, but I have a basket in a giant walk-in safe where I keep all of my old medication (just in case) so there is a lot of extra valium and klonopin...and some temazepam 30mg...God, I crave those but I'm done with them.

You can't get high off depakote it is NOT recreational. Also you need to have blood tests done while taking it to make sure it's not going into the toxic range and to make sure it's not wrecking your liver. It can be rather hard on your liver so you have to watch out for that.

I was on divalproex (depakote in the US it's called epival here) and i didnt get anything resembling a calming effect from it though it did help the mixed states and rapid cycling abit. Granted i was only on 750mg's of epival before my shrink got rid of me and my new shrink decided to put me on lamotrigine which works much better for me and i don't have to have blood tests done.

It's also nothing like gabapentin or lyrica and i have been on those as well. Both gabapentin and lyrica can be recreational for awile atleast but divalproex is absolutly not recreational. It's a useful drug for treating bipolar disorder in some people as well as epilepsy but it also is a pretty harsh drug. In my case it seemed to make the depression side of my bipolar worse as well.

It's about as recreational as lithium really which means it's not recreational at all.

You are supposed to take blood tests for your liver, I'm surprised your doctor isn't giving you any.

You can't get high off depakote it is NOT recreational. Also you need to have blood tests done while taking it to make sure it's not going into the toxic range and to make sure it's not wrecking your liver. It can be rather hard on your liver so you have to watch out for that.

I was on divalproex (depakote in the US it's called epival here) and i didnt get anything resembling a calming effect from it though it did help the mixed states and rapid cycling abit. Granted i was only on 750mg's of epival before my shrink got rid of me and my new shrink decided to put me on lamotrigine which works much better for me and i don't have to have blood tests done.

It's also nothing like gabapentin or lyrica and i have been on those as well. Both gabapentin and lyrica can be recreational for awile atleast but divalproex is absolutly not recreational. It's a useful drug for treating bipolar disorder in some people as well as epilepsy but it also is a pretty harsh drug. In my case it seemed to make the depression side of my bipolar worse as well.

It's about as recreational as lithium really which means it's not recreational at all.

i know very well about gabapentin and Lyrica, as well as most people's disdain for Depakote.

i'm just saying for me i got similar effects, and i've heard of other people making comparisons between Depakote and gabapentin/pregabalin. i'm not saying they're exactly the same, but they do feel a bit similar and chill to me.

it just goes to show that the same drug affects different people in very different ways sometimes.