• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Depakote?...

today i took some Adderall and when i came down i took some of the Depakote and it completely wiped out the comedown, and i'm sensitive to comedowns.

i guess theres another use for Depakote, damn i wouldn't have ever guessed.

Maybe I don't have such a hard time coming off Adderall is because Lamictal increases GABA-A release

Maybe I don't have such a hard time coming off Adderall is because Lamictal increases GABA-A release

i think thats very much possible, although just GABA(not GABA-"A", thats a receptor that GABA binds to) is what would be released.

i think thats very much possible, although just GABA(not GABA-"A", thats a receptor that GABA binds to) is what would be released.

I read that it actually does increase the release of GABA-A

ttp://www.nature.com/npp/journal/v26/n4/full/1395828a.html

"we found that chronic treatment with lamotrigine increased the expression of eight genes and decreased the expression of six genes. One of the upregulated genes is GABA-A receptor beta subunit. This increase in GABA-A receptor beta3 subunit expression was further confirmed by Northern blotting analysis. In situ hybridization revealed that chronic treatment with lamotrigine increased GABA-A receptor beta3 subunit gene expression in CA1, CA3 and dentate gyrus of rat hippocampus. Our findings indicate that lamotrigine may effect GABA-A receptor regulated functions in the central nervous system."

I read that it actually does increase the release of GABA-A

that doesn't make sense, you can't "release" a receptor. GABA-A is binded to by either a GABA-A agonist(benzos, etc.) or by GABA itself.

i think whatever you read ment it binds to GABA-A.

"I read that it actually does increase the release of GABA-A"

Whoops, that came out wrong ;) I meant increase in GABA

The only similarity I find is the fact that they both can produce sedation. And they both have the potential to make me drowsy. Other than that, nothing else. Depakote made me depressed

Be careful, Depakote is notorious for weight gain. It rehab somebody was put on it, an athlete, and he said he gained 15 lbs in a month.

The only similarity I find is the fact that they both can produce sedation. And they both have the potential to make me drowsy. Other than that, nothing else. Depakote made me depressed

Depakote actually reversed my depressed mood, but it does make me drowsy and calm.

benzos also reversed my depressed moods, i guess incresed GABA activity has an antidepressant effect on me(and likely one of the reasons i abused GABAergics so much).

well i sucessfully got of the temazepam part of my benzo dependence, now starts the disdain of getting of the clonazepam.

hopefully the Depakote still helps.

*also, for some reason the Depakote pills i just got from the pharmacy are white with "A511" printed on them, while the original pills were dark grey with "HC" and an weird upside down "e" printed on them.

are these new ones generic or did the pharm company change it's look or did the pharmacy get my pills mixed up?(it wouldn't be the first time, i once got my flurazepam mixed up with some antibiotic pills)

i'm planning on trying to get "high" on the stuff because its been chilling me out so much and so consistantly(the feeling is very similar to pregabalin and gabapentin).

the pills are 500mg, what do you think would be a good dose?

i'm planning on trying to get "high" on the stuff because its been chilling me out so much and so consistantly(the feeling is very similar to pregabalin and gabapentin).

the pills are 500mg, what do you think would be a good dose?

lol, you can't get high on Depakote. If you take more you won't feel any different except for more side effects. It doesn't make you cozier like pregabalin or gabapentin. Go ahead and try but it won't do anything. Just go up to the next dose and see how you feel. In my opinion that's like trying to get high on Lithium. Desperate people will try, like the guys I sold it to lol, I said "just smoke some weed with it and you'll feel it" I forgot what they gave me for it. But hey, I've never tried to get high on Depakote...

Honestly I'd like you to try it, you reported on the effects of shooting Seroquel so this may be interesting also.